Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranger council-member asked to resign..

Re: Ranger council-member asked to resign..

Didn't he also take a glidder plane without permission and crashed it around Ranger a few years ago?

If they don't watch out down at City Hall, he could wind up Mayor of Ranger.
    (the Mayor's health is in limbo, the mayor pro-tem has pressure from the home front to resign, etc. etc. Then the "Ranger Bully" pushes for the kid to be made Mayor with the reason....."RANGER NEEDS CHANGE".

This is really serious - people on City Council are intrusted with a huge responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post
    Didn't he also take a glidder plane without permission and crashed it around Ranger a few years ago?
    No. It was a powered and he was flying it with the permission of its owner and the owner was on the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader77 View Post
    Isn't an "accident" defined as something that someone didn't set out to do on purpose. Did he set out to catch himself on fire? No. So it was an accident. It was a dumb teenage prank that I just bet plenty of you have done something similar in the past. And the football fans losing the homecoming bonfire can't even be compared to him possibly losing his life.

And I am now through commenting on this -- wouldn't have even gotten involved with this whole thread until the jokes started flying around about him getting burned. You should be ashamed.
    I do not consider it an accident. He set out to vvindictively destroy something that did not belong to him, without regard to his or the homes around safety. his own childish, vindictive actions could have caused others their homes as well. Maybe if more people called him on his stupid actions and held him responcible then he may have learned something. Instead, people make excuses for him, applaud and reward him when he should be corrected. As a result he continues to act the way he has always acted. Based on his behavior I do not consider it an accident, just the result of his bad choice of actions.

Good News / Bad News.......

As many of you have heard, we've had to stop the petition because of how the City Charter reads. That's the bad news.

Good news is we can start it in December (his 6th month in office), will have 30 days to get the needed signatures (and we almost had all we needed now), turn it in to the Mayor and Council. He then has 5 days to resign or they must set the expensive recall election.

Hopefully it will be his Christmas present this year and turn into a Very Happy New Year for Ranger.

I would encourage any of you not afraid to sign the petition to either call me or Mary Botts, we are listed in the Ranger phone book and we'll get you on the list of people to see the 1st of December.

Or perhaps we could start picketing City Hall on meeting nights. If the numbers were large enough, he might just resign and save us the work and the city the money.

Definately the support is here to recall the boy.
    Official Village Idiot

I really doubt that picketing is the way to go. He will love the attention & we all know he cares nothing about anyone or anything but himslef & his wants. At what point does daddy spank his tail end?

I do not know the Boy but what I have heard from my Relatives in Ranger he is not going to resign
    under pressure he will be at the Table and brag about what he owns but yet still lives at Mommies and Daddy's Home .
    I would like to know how he paid for the Plane and Truck that he says he owns ?

no accident! purposely setting fire to a bonfire is ARSON in any book. arson is a felony. someone mentioned today that there was no statute of limitation on arson. maybe someone could still file a complaint on "the boy." arson is not a prank. it is a felony. maybe he needs to be reminded that he could still be prosecuted if someone decides to file a complaint. isn't the fire chief on the school board? and he's trying to get rid of the fire chief? Me thinks "the boy" is playing with FIRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethcook56 View Post
    no accident! purposely setting fire to a bonfire is ARSON in any book. arson is a felony. someone mentioned today that there was no statute of limitation on arson. maybe someone could still file a complaint on "the boy." arson is not a prank. it is a felony. maybe he needs to be reminded that he could still be prosecuted if someone decides to file a complaint. isn't the fire chief on the school board? and he's trying to get rid of the fire chief? Me thinks "the boy" is playing with FIRE!!
    You are correct on NO LIMITATION ON ARSON so what is your problem Chief Fox .

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    You are correct on NO LIMITATION ON ARSON so what is your problem Chief Fox .
    not at all!! good man! wasn't it school property where the crime was commited?

Quote Originally Posted by earlyup View Post
    I really doubt that picketing is the way to go. He will love the attention & we all know he cares nothing about anyone or anything but himslef & his wants. At what point does daddy spank his tail end?
    Maybe Daddy needshis tail end spanked also. It is a conflict of interest for Jared to run the airport and serve on the city council. After all he is handling city funds from the airport. His Dad is not running the airport. Incidentally, Bob Green was the owner of the glider Jared wrecked. Who else in town would trust the boy with their aircraft?
    There he sits on the Ranger City Council rared back like a king. Spending our tax money like he owns it. He wants money from REDC to rebuild the hangers. How many tax payers would benefit from that? Please resign "BOY".

The Boy's daddy is suppose to be running the airport but that my friends is a big joke. No one but The Boy runs the airport. Yes, it is a conflict of interest. NO COMMISSIONER IS SUPPOSED TO BE
    HANDLING TAXPAYERS MONEY. Why The Boy just breaks the law every time he turns around and no one ever calls his hand.

Greeneyes, I drove around this town unknowing that my inspection was out for 8 months until a woman at the pumps at Brookshires pointed it out. No officer ever stopped me but yet they park right next to her at city hall. Do we need to take them by the hand & walk them or drive them around the city? Get real, how do they not notice? Isn't that what they are trained for? What on earth do you feel the chief would do? Same thing he does anyway, sit behind a desk & refuses to work the streets for fear he will have to exert some energy. LOL Yet the city pays out all this overtime & officially that is called insubordination for refusing to do what he has been told & get out & patrol. That to me alone is terms for termination.

I would venture to say you must be one of those good citizens that are always breaking the law & she gives you community service for the umpteenth million time. If you are going to keep making the same mistakes, pay your fine & go on your way. How much community service do you need to be handed before you learn your lesson? It is simple.
    All you ever do is complain. Get a life! O I forgot your life is to JUDGE people on the spin under a false name. Why is that. You afraid someone might know who you really are. Guess what some of us do, and you have no right to be judging any body.

Greeneyes, I drove around this town unknowing that my inspection was out for 8 months until a woman at the pumps at Brookshires pointed it out. No officer ever stopped me but yet they park right next to her at city hall. Do we need to take them by the hand & walk them or drive them around the city? Get real, how do they not notice? Isn't that what they are trained for? What on earth do you feel the chief would do? Same thing he does anyway, sit behind a desk & refuses to work the streets for fear he will have to exert some energy. LOL Yet the city pays out all this overtime & officially that is called insubordination for refusing to do what he has been told & get out & patrol. That to me alone is terms for termination.

I would venture to say you must be one of those good citizens that are always breaking the law & she gives you community service for the umpteenth million time. If you are going to keep making the same mistakes, pay your fine & go on your way. How much community service do you need to be handed before you learn your lesson? It is simple.
    You drove around town for 8 months without a current inspection sticker....and you can't believe the police didn't notice....
    Care about everything, worry about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    All you ever do is complain. Get a life! O I forgot your life is to JUDGE people on the spin under a false name. Why is that. You afraid someone might know who you really are. Guess what some of us do, and you have no right to be judging any body.
    We are all familiar with Miss Early-Up and know her to be a fine citizen. She just wants what is best for Ranger and she has my permission to judge. Are you a follower of the "Fire Boy"? Sure pick bad friends if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
    Is he the same guy I saw on Texas Country Reporter last weekend pertaining to the historic Ranger Airport? It was a very good synopsis of the history of the airport.
    if you check around you will find he BORROWED his information and facts from someone else that worte a story about the airport. he is smart enough to have gathered info but he doesn't deserve the credit for all that work. there is a lot of history in the airport and others have documented that history for future generations. guess he is the future generation, huh? does he actually think he found all that documentation?

If the real people who care about Ranger came forward and read the truth about things that have gone on in Ranger. Changes would be made and alot of heads would roll. Why judge those that want things better, Ranger is a far cry from a city to want your children to grow up in, I'm here because I have to be. I'm on the outside looking and listening in. This city needs more than pray, or bra burnings. Change is good!

Talking Re: Ranger council-member asked to resign..

Quote Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
    If the real people who care about Ranger came forward and read the truth about things that have gone on in Ranger. Changes would be made and alot of heads would roll. Why judge those that want things better, Ranger is a far cry from a city to want your children to grow up in, I'm here because I have to be. I'm on the outside looking and listening in. This city needs more than pray, or bra burnings. Change is good!
    sorry honey, but not ALL change is good. i am one for change when it is channeled in the right direction. hard to support someone when they don't even know where they've been much less where they're going.

sorry honey, but not ALL change is good. i am one for change when it is channeled in the right direction. hard to support someone when they don't even know where they've been much less where they're going.

Were not talking about obima here!! Stay on subject!

Quote Originally Posted by pull this View Post
    Were not talking about obima here!! Stay on subject!
    you know PT, now that you mention it there is a lot of similar traits between the two!!!

if you check around you will find he BORROWED his information and facts from someone else that worte a story about the airport. he is smart enough to have gathered info but he doesn't deserve the credit for all that work. there is a lot of history in the airport and others have documented that history for future generations. guess he is the future generation, huh? does he actually think he found all that documentation?

No, he does not deserve ANY credit for the article. He copied it almost word for word. I have been reading articles for many years about the Ranger Airport. What a joke The Boy is. He thinks we are the dummies and he is a perfect example of a young man.

Angry Re: Ranger council-member asked to resign..

not at all!! good man! wasn't it school property where the crime was commited?
    Then I would say someone on e the board at that time, super or someone from school would need to file. Am I correct here?

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    The Boy's daddy is suppose to be running the airport but that my friends is a big joke. No one but The Boy runs the airport. Yes, it is a conflict of interest. NO COMMISSIONER IS SUPPOSED TO BE HANDLING TAXPAYERS MONEY. Why The Boy just breaks the law every time he turns around and no one ever calls his hand.
    Shame on the father then. Obviously this is where he learned this behavior. Perhaps momma needs to get the board out. You know when momma is unhappy, nobody else is happy either!!

Casper, I can assure you, I have never kept my identity a secret. I, unlike you have never hid behind fake names. Why not come out from hiding. You might feel better. Then you would have to face me, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by gfy_goofy View Post
    You drove around town for 8 months without a current inspection sticker....and you can't believe the police didn't notice...
    Goofy, get real, I don't park in their parking lot next to their office daily with expired tags. I would have gladly gotten mine done had I noticed. Everyone makes a mistake but she parks right next to their office & their vehicles. You mean to tell me no one mentioned it to her & she goes right away to take care of the problem. Get real GOOFY, how ignorant can they be? Do we need to take them by the hand? Do we need to advise her of what is right & wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    We are all familiar with Miss Early-Up and know her to be a fine citizen. She just wants what is best for Ranger and she has my permission to judge. Are you a follower of the "Fire Boy"? Sure pick bad friends if you are.
    Pilot, you may know me but unfortunately I don't know who you are. Thanks for the kind words though. If you do actually know me, then you will know I stand up for the people & issues I believe in & don't back down. I am not crazy about this area but have met some really beautiful people here & as long as my children want to be here, this is where I will stay. Casper, I am afraid we are in for the long haul. GET OVER IT.

Funny, I have not found any age group that knows him who actually has any respect for him whatsoever. Does it suprise you that he copied it all from others? Sounds just like I have always heard about him. Another good reason for momma to spank his rear end!!! COPYING. Shame Shame

Quote Originally Posted by pull this View Post
    Were not talking about obima here!! Stay on subject!:
    Shame on you PULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    No, he does not deserve ANY credit for the article. He copied it almost word for word. I have been reading articles for many years about the Ranger Airport. What a joke The Boy is. He thinks we are the dummies and he is a perfect example of a young man.
    Momma, here is another reason, get him. Get em both!!! Better yet, for your safety, better get away while you can.

Then I would say someone on e the board at that time, super or someone from school would need to file. Am I correct here?

Shame on the father then. Obviously this is where he learned this behavior. Perhaps momma needs to get the board out. You know when momma is unhappy, nobody else is happy either!!

Casper, I can assure you, I have never kept my identity a secret. I, unlike you have never hid behind fake names. Why not come out from hiding. You might feel better. Then you would have to face me, huh?

Goofy, get real, I don't park in their parking lot next to their office daily with expired tags. I would have gladly gotten mine done had I noticed. Everyone makes a mistake but she parks right next to their office & their vehicles. You mean to tell me no one mentioned it to her & she goes right away to take care of the problem. Get real GOOFY, how ignorant can they be? Do we need to take them by the hand? Do we need to advise her of what is right & wrong?

Pilot, you may know me but unfortunately I don't know who you are. Thanks for the kind words though. If you do actually know me, then you will know I stand up for the people & issues I believe in & don't back down. I am not crazy about this area but have met some really beautiful people here & as long as my children want to be here, this is where I will stay. Casper, I am afraid we are in for the long haul. GET OVER IT.

Funny, I have not found any age group that knows him who actually has any respect for him whatsoever. Does it suprise you that he copied it all from others? Sounds just like I have always heard about him. Another good reason for momma to spank his rear end!!! COPYING. Shame Shame

Shame on you PULL!!!

Momma, here is another reason, get him. Get em both!!! Better yet, for your safety, better get away while you can.
    His mother has enabled him for years by covering up his actions and making excuses for him. No help coming from that corner.

Shame on you PULL!!!

Earlyup, you need to get real. You go 8 months on an expired inspection sticker and it's a mistake, everyone makes them. Someone else does it and they are ignorant?
    Does someone need to take you by the hand and show you what's right from wrong?
    After about a year, didn't you think to yourself, "hmmmm self....you haven't had your car inspected in a while, perhaps you should check it"?

Earlyup, you need to get real. You go 8 months on an expired inspection sticker and it's a mistake, everyone makes them. Someone else does it and they are ignorant?
    After about a year, didn't you think to yourself, "hmmmm self....you haven't had your car inspected in a while, perhaps you should check it"?

Don't think if you guys were paid to you still wouldn't have the ability to stay on the subject......... I'm surprised restaurants haven't been discussed here yet.........

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
    Don't think if you guys were paid to you still wouldn't have the ability to stay on the subject......... I'm surprised restaurants haven't been discussed here yet.........
    You pay me and I'll stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by wellspring View Post
    His mother has enabled him for years by covering up his actions and making excuses for him. No help coming from that corner.

Yes, this is true. I know that both she and Father enable anything the BOY does. The BOY can't admit to being manager of the airport because of his criminal past so
    the big lie has to be told that the daddy is the manager. Must mean a lot to them
    to have BOY'S ugly picture in the paper evvery time we get a new paper. The town Bully is a big help to them.

...After about a year, didn't you think to yourself, "hmmmm self....you haven't had your car inspected in a while, perhaps you should check it"?
    Time flies, gfy! At times, complications in our lives push thoughts of inspection stickers right outta our minds.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

I think early's comments are the fact that the expired sticker was parked at city hall next to either the chief's car or a patrolman's car every day and either none caught it, or ignored it, or told the owner and they ignored it which left the police to again ignore.
    I know I once drove for a few months on an expired sticker. Don't care how observant or organized you are, some things just get past you. I only noticed because someone pointed it out to me. I was surprised I had not been ticketed or notified by law enforcement. But, to me, they have bigger fish to fry than to follow everyone around and check registration, insurance and inspections. Yes, that is in their job descriptions but which would people prefer....Mr. Officer driving around writing tickets for expired inspections/registrations, or putting "real" criminals (druggies, burglarers, rapists, etc.) behind bars? I check number 2!
    But, I digress and we're again off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    I think early's comments are the fact that the expired sticker was parked at city hall next to either the chief's car or a patrolman's car every day and either none caught it, or ignored it, or told the owner and they ignored it which left the police to again ignore.
    The problem here is earlyup's statement is not true. The Judge has not been able to drive her truck since Oct of 2008 due to a shoulder injury which required surgery. She was unable to use her arm to pull herself up in the truck, so family, friends and co-workers drove her to and from work. I like to deal in facts, and this is a fact. The truck that earlyup talks about has not been parked at city hall since Oct 2008. Are the sticker and tags expired on the truck? I don't know. But I do know that it has not been parked at city hall and ignored by the PD as earlyup stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearldean View Post
    Time flies, gfy! At times, complications in our lives push thoughts of inspection stickers right outta our minds.

Yeah, that is a good job for Chief Elton. Lets nominate him to do just that every day. It won't hurt him to go around the city hall parking lot and check a few cars.

Yeah, that is a good job for Chief Elton. Lets nominate him to do just that every day. It won't hurt him to go around the city hall parking lot and check a few cars.
    Shame on you possum!!! Then he wouldn't have as much time to drive the new car to the restraunts to take his breaks or eat lunch. At least it isn't getting many miles on it.
    What was it bought for if not to use for patrol which he won't do. From what I understand, he refuses.

I know I once drove for a few months on an expired sticker. Don't care how observant or organized you are, some things just get past you. I only noticed because someone pointed it out to me. I was surprised I had not been ticketed or notified by law enforcement. But, to me, they have bigger fish to fry than to follow everyone around and check registration, insurance and inspections. Yes, that is in their job descriptions but which would people prefer....Mr. Officer driving around writing tickets for expired inspections/registrations, or putting "real" criminals (druggies, burglarers, rapists, etc.) behind bars? I check number 2!
    But, I digress and we're again off topic.
    I think my comments to earlyup were directed at the fact that he/she couldn't believe the police didn't catch it....and earlyup didn't even catch his/her own expired sticker. Earlyup stated that these folks are ignorant and don't know right from wrong......

And when you realize your inspection sticker thoughts have slipped your mind, surely you didn't complain about how horrible of a job the police are doing because they didn't catch you....

And when you realize your inspection sticker thoughts have slipped your mind, surely you didn't complain about how horrible of a job the police are doing because they didn't catch you....
    You are hopeless. No use trying to explain anything to you. I did bring it to the attention of a couple of city counsel members due to the fact this is being ignored. Don't necessarily say they should have tickets but the fact that they should notice & perhaps call attention to it to the citizens would be more of a courtesy than an absolute ticket. .

You are hopeless. No use trying to explain anything to you. I did bring it to the attention of a couple of city counsel members due to the fact this is being ignored. Don't necessarily say they should have tickets but the fact that they should notice & perhaps call attention to it to the citizens would be more of a courtesy than an absolute ticket. .
    I wish you wouldn't explain anything, at all, ever. That would be perfect.

No, I got down on my knees & thanked God. Actually, DD or my dad always keep their eyes out for nearly-expired inspection stickers on family vehicles.

I wish you wouldn't explain anything, at all, ever. That would be perfect.
    I don't mind the splainin, just the big red letterin of her splainin.

I would like to say to the only Lady at the table .
    You have kept the City of Ranger out of the RED for the last 2 years the Citizens of Ranger
    thank you .
    Remember you are now by yourself at the table do not trust anyone at the table but remember
    you have so many Friends to back you .
    I am speaking for my Family and Friends in Ranger
    If you ever need a Cop just put it on the Spin and I will be there.

You have kept the City of Ranger out of the RED for the last 2 years the Citizens of Ranger
    thank you .
    Remember you are now by yourself at the table do not trust anyone at the table but remember
    LAW, of course she needs a REAL cop- aint none here

Now iffin you'll were complainin so much, I would quite using these big red letters!!! Course, Iffin that is all you have to complain about, get after it

thank you .
    LAW, DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU NEED A JOB IN RANGER? ordo you just mean
    you will come to help her out? have you put in your application?

What can one expect out of Ranger nothing ever changes, and until new blood comes in, its gonna be the same old Ranger. But what can you expect the people over there descend from drunks and prostitutes

LAW, of course she needs a REAL cop- aint none here

Now iffin you'll were complainin so much, I would quite using these big red letters!!! Course, Iffin that is all you have to complain about, get after it
    Are you sayin you get a kick outta irritatin folks? Turn off the damn red letterin else I'm comin to turn it off for ya an I'm bringin my bat!

Quote Originally Posted by bd76 View Post
    What can one expect out of Ranger nothing ever changes, and until new blood comes in, its gonna be the same old Ranger. But what can you expect the people over there descend from drunks and prostitutes
    Now that's just plain ugly..........

I think you descend from drunks and prostitues BD76, are you talking about yourself?
    You are a bitter old person. , We hav have new blood, we The BOY.

Are you sayin you get a kick outta irritatin folks? Turn off the damn red letterin else I'm comin to turn it off for ya an I'm bringin my bat!
    An OLD bat?

when did this thread become about june?:blackbat:

BD76, excuse me I live in Ranger & I am neither a drunk nor a prostitute as my finances surely do not reflect the latter. I am sure there are some of both of these
    in every city, some are just not so widely talked about as Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by granny grunt View Post
    BD76, excuse me I live in Ranger & I am neither a drunk nor a prostitute as my finances surely do not reflect the latter. I am sure there are some of both of these
    in every city, some are just not so widely talked about as Rangers.
    Granny, must be one of those druggies then. If you were a prostitute here, I would think you would have to accept IOU's or food stamps.

Say lots, now where do you go everytime I log in. I thought you were my good friend. We already know who you are.

Granny, must be one of those druggies then. If you were a prostitute here, I would think you would have to accept IOU's or food stamps.

Say lots, now where do you go everytime I log in. I thought you were my good friend. We already know who you are.

Early, so you say, "we already know who you are", who am I ? As for IOU'S, those are not worth a darn & I don't qualify for food stamps @ all, so unable to accept.

now i saw a letter in the paper maybe last month that the D A put in and he and rangers mayor were bragging on elton for solving a sex crime without having calling in texas rangers.from what i understood that is uncommen around here,and its not the first time i have heard good on both so way to go mayor and chief.

Come on kmom, one good thing in five years. I wouldn't say the chief had much to brag about. Shame the mayor had to hold his hand to get it done.

boy you can twist antbodys words to benefit you cant u. maybe you should try to get the kids job.but they would probably have to petition u for whining

I know Ranger must work with a "tight" budget at City Hall. I just wish that the code enforcer could be active.

I grew up in a neighboring county. This week in their newspaper there was a reminder that people needed to take pride in their property and clean up trash. All it takes is a letter/or telephone call to complain about unkeep property to city hall in my hometown. Code Enforcer goes out to that address. Takes a picture of property and determines if property's condition is in violation.

If so, Code Enforcer writes property owner a letter and they have certain amount of days to clean said property. If not, then they are issued a fine and plus a $100 per day fine until property cleaned up.

Ranger does have lots of elderly who are not able to mow/clean....but, if the rest of the property owners would be "good citizens" and keep their yards, etc. clean of trash. The town would have so much more pride.

Saturday morning in Eastland, there were 4 men with lawn mowers and 3 men with weed eaters that were mowing and cleaning along the side of highway from downtown square out to Walmart area. (they were not city employees but the city had contracted this cleanup crew). Wish Ranger had the money to contract some mowing, etc.

If some club group in Ranger could keep the grass mowed and flowers in the planters down by the Railroad on Main Street. That is the entrance to the downtown area .....what a positive difference that would make.

I know Ranger must work with a "tight" budget at City Hall. I just wish that the code enforcer could be active.

I grew up in a neighboring county. This week in their newspaper there was a reminder that people needed to take pride in their property and clean up trash. All it takes is a letter/or telephone call to complain about unkeep property to city hall in my hometown. Code Enforcer goes out to that address. Takes a picture of property and determines if property's condition is in violation.

If so, Code Enforcer writes property owner a letter and they have certain amount of days to clean said property. If not, then they are issued a fine and plus a $100 per day fine until property cleaned up.

Ranger does have lots of elderly who are not able to mow/clean....but, if the rest of the property owners would be "good citizens" and keep their yards, etc. clean of trash. The town would have so much more pride.

Saturday morning in Eastland, there were 4 men with lawn mowers and 3 men with weed eaters that were mowing and cleaning along the side of highway from downtown square out to Walmart area. (they were not city employees but the city had contracted this cleanup crew). Wish Ranger had the money to contract some mowing, etc.
    If some club group in Ranger could keep the grass mowed and flowers in the planters down by the Railroad on Main Street. That is the entrance to the downtown area .....what a positive difference that would make.
    [/I]

I could be wrong but I could have sworn those were people doing community service as the States Corrections van was there as well.

That won't happen because everyone in Ranger is too hung over on Saturday morning to get up and do something productive. So they just keep on keepin on and the town still looks like s#!t

Quote Originally Posted by ACO View Post
    [/I]

I could be wrong but I could have sworn those were people doing community service as the States Corrections van was there as well.
    I figured adult probation dept.

Maybe Early would like to volunteer for this project. No she just likes complaining and B------g about others.

Maybe Early would like to volunteer for this project. No she just likes complaining and B------g about others.
    I think she's already done with her community service ?
    It's all relative

Quote Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
    I think she's already done with her community service ?
    NNNAAAHHHH- I have done community service since I was about 14 for various programs & will continue to put into the community when a need arises. Perhaps when school starts back we could do ours together. I hear the Lighthouse Hospice is needing volunteers. The Majestic is always needing volunteers, the hospital, the nursing homes, the Headstart programs, there is plenty to go around.

Did some checking about community service in Ranger looks like there is a back log of unpaid tickets at the Judges office so why can't they work them out on week-ends ?

From what I understand, the judge said they must have supervision in doing this & a few years ago she stated that it was always the same people who were always on probation. My question then & still is, why not throw them in jail till they come up with the money rather than continually seeing the same ones over & over.

This is nothing new, there has always been someone trying to get a council member ousted.same song differant council. I dont know what happend,dont want to!! but I just hate that Ranger always has to be the butt of the joke.
    God answers knee mail

From what I understand, the judge said they must have supervision in doing this & a few years ago she stated that it was always the same people who were always on probation. My question then & still is, why not throw them in jail till they come up with the money rather than continually seeing the same ones over & over.
    Because the city has to pay the county for every prisoner that stays and for each day they stay.

T- the city has enough law breakers to send a message. Start locking some up. I would imagine the problem would take care of itself. They would learn they will serve time rather than doing the same crime over & over.

T- the city has enough law breakers to send a message. Start locking some up. I would imagine the problem would take care of itself. They would learn they will serve time rather than doing the same crime over & over.
    I thought Ranger had financial problems. Why would you want them to spend money on jail time for people with outstanding tickets?

Because the city has to pay the county for every prisoner that stays and for each day they stay.
    Fifty Dollars a day ...
    !!!!!!NUNU LOVES HER KIMI!!!!!!

What happened to "The BOY"?????? Since he doesn't work maybe he could get a crew together and
    pay for his "crimes" with community service?

just to let you know bd, neither one of my parents were drunks or prostitutes!

I don't know much about the happenings at city hall in Ranger nor do I really care to. All I know is that there have been several robberies and attempted robberies in my neighborhood in Ranger. The other night there was an attempt at one of my neighbors houses and she called dispatch and they told her that there was not a police officer on duty that they would have to call one and get him out of bed. It then took him almost 30 min. to get to her house and then he didn't even check it out he just passed by once without even hitting his brakes or shining his light around. I personally have NO faith in the Ranger PD. I am really kinda scared to be living here. We are desperately fixing up our house so we can move! Why in heck was there not an officer on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by mommy1 View Post
    I don't know much about the happenings at city hall in Ranger nor do I really care to. All I know is that there have been several robberies and attempted robberies in my neighborhood in Ranger. The other night there was an attempt at one of my neighbors houses and she called dispatch and they told her that there was not a police officer on duty that they would have to call one and get him out of bed. It then took him almost 30 min. to get to her house and then he didn't even check it out he just passed by once without even hitting his brakes or shining his light around. I personally have NO faith in the Ranger PD. I am really kinda scared to be living here. We are desperately fixing up our house so we can move! Why in heck was there not an officer on duty?

WHY DON'T YOU CALL THE POLICE COMMISSIONER AND REPORT THIS TERRIBLE THING. yOU KNOW WHO THAT IS> "tHE bOY" IS THE pOLICE COMMISSIONER. JUST GIVE HIM A CALL!!!!!!!!!

Mommy1- from my understanding there are only two officers & the chief. One who used to be here that was trying to qualify for disability the last time we spoke & the other is Able that sleeps on the job & always has. The chief refuses to do patrol. He sits at his desk as things disappear from evidence. Go figure.

Thumbs up Re: Ranger council-member asked to resign..

Mommy1- from my understanding there are only two officers & the chief. One who used to be here that was trying to qualify for disability the last time we spoke & the other is Able that sleeps on the job & always has. The chief refuses to do patrol. He sits at his desk as things disappear from evidence. Go figure.

Earlyup, you really know this to be fact & if so how is that?, why don't you share with all of us?, or are you just talking out the _____? I don't know Able really well, however I do know he has been an officer here for sometime now & I have always heard good things about him here as well as in Gorman as an officer, so why do you feel the need to get on here & cut people down so much? I was sad when you were cutting down the city judge the other day on here, I do not understand people like you appear to be.

Well, from what I have read on here that would do no good. We are fed up and just want our neighborhood to be safe.

Early, I can not imagine why anyone, you or the city council member, would not like our Police Chief or the Fire Chief. We are lucky to have them. I can't think of anyone who would want either job.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

When the dispatch said there were no Officer on duty why did she not call the Sheriff
    and have a Deputy come to Ranger .
    Something is not right with this Post and no I am not calling you a liar the dispatcher
    should have handled it in a different way.
    Besides you might as well forget Baby Boy what could he do run off the rest the Police Dept ?

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Early, I can not imagine why anyone, you or the city council member, would not like our Police Chief or the Fire Chief. We are lucky to have them. I can't think of anyone who would want either job.
    MM- I have no problem with the fire chief. Although I do not always agree with him, I respect what he is trying to accomplish.
    As for the police chief, I know things that would curl your hair on this guy. Just biding his time to go back to driving a truck. He hates Ranger & that is from his own mouth a number of years ago. He is obviously not what he portrays.

MM- I have no problem with the fire chief. Although I do not always agree with him, I respect what he is trying to accomplish.
    As for the police chief, I know things that would curl your hair on this guy. Just biding his time to go back to driving a truck. He hates Ranger & that is from his own mouth a number of years ago. He is obviously not what he portrays.
    Like getting on Abilene Tv and complaining the school didn't call him when there was the incident with the choking. The school should have called but
    he should of gone to the Superintendent and spoken with him rather than making things worst for the image of Ranger by going on Abilene TV. I have never meet him but the little stunt on Abilene TV, he came over like a backwoods Bozo that had his feelings hurt for being left out of the loop. Not the brightest approach for himself or Ranger.
    SEPARATE THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF

As for the police chief, I know things that would curl your hair on this guy. Just biding his time to go back to driving a truck. He hates Ranger & that is from his own mouth a number of years ago. He is obviously not what he portrays

since you seem to know so much and be upset with everyone ,what department did you get fired from? i dont think he portrays himself in anyway he seems pretty up front and to the point to me.

When the dispatch said there were no Officer on duty why did she not call the Sheriff
    and have a Deputy come to Ranger .
    Something is not right with this Post and no I am not calling you a liar the dispatcher
    should have handled it in a different way.
    Besides you might as well forget Baby Boy what could he do run off the rest the Police Dept ?
    Baby Boy may fire all the cops and the dispatchers, too. I'd give him a call and put his A-- to work. He can talk big anyway. What a dumb dispatcher to tell a caller that.

I would imagine the dispatchers don't know what to tell people. Just like people in this area trying to defend others. Blowing in the wind.
    Possum- for your info- none. Any other questions?

I don't blame the dispatcher although she could have called a Sheriff Deputy. I'm not a liar and I really would not have posted on here but I just thought that the citizens of Ranger should know that if anyone ever breaks into your house don't expect the Cops to come to your Rescue. I would advise them to get a gun and put up some private property signs! I'm really starting to think that the Ranger PD is too afraid of the BAD people to protect the Good, Hard working people who make their money the right way. Really, I can drive down any road in Ranger and tell which houses are the dope houses. Just watch the traffic in and out. If they cracked down on the dope dealers then that would probably cut down on the break ins (all the druggies have to get there money to buy the drugs from somewhere.) Last Post, Just wanted to let the people of Ranger know that you can not count on the PD for anything!

Like getting on Abilene Tv and complaining the school didn't call him when there was the incident with the choking. The school should have called but
    he should of gone to the Superintendent and spoken with him rather than making things worst for the image of Ranger by going on Abilene TV. I have never meet him but the little stunt on Abilene TV, he came over like a backwoods Bozo that had his feelings hurt for being left out of the loop. Not the brightest approach for himself or Ranger. Posted from swords above

Sounds familiar....like Obama

I don't blame the dispatcher although she could have called a Sheriff Deputy. I'm not a liar and I really would not have posted on here but I just thought that the citizens of Ranger should know that if anyone ever breaks into your house don't expect the Cops to come to your Rescue. I would advise them to get a gun and put up some private property signs! I'm really starting to think that the Ranger PD is too afraid of the BAD people to protect the Good, Hard working people who make their money the right way. Really, I can drive down any road in Ranger and tell which houses are the dope houses. Just watch the traffic in and out. If they cracked down on the dope dealers then that would probably cut down on the break ins (all the druggies have to get there money to buy the drugs from somewhere.) Last Post, Just wanted to let the people of Ranger know that you can not count on the PD for anything!

Mommy1- I am truely sorry you had to find out like that. Most of us have never counted on them for protection of any kind. That also includes some from the SO. It is a shame when you call dispatch & cringe to see what bozo will show up & pretend you are ignorant & don't know what is happening around you.

First off I did not call you a liar I don't call anyone a liar until I get the facts first and yes I blame the dispatcher he-she should have called for back-up for the City of Ranger and if the Town was left without a law and he-she was home in bed where was the Chief ?
    If you drive by Drug Houses and know they are Drug Houses you are at fault as much as the Drug Pusher if the laws in Ranger want help call the Drug Task Force if you feel there is a dirty Cop in your town go to the Mayor or the D.A.
    Someone on the Eastland Spin ask me if I was looking for a job in Ranger .
    No is the answer I have been with the same Office for 16 years and besides
    Eastland Co. could not pay me what I make .
    I would love to retire around Ranger because I work and live in a large town .

First off I did not call you a liar I don't call anyone a liar until I get the facts first and yes I blame the dispatcher he-she should have called for back-up for the City of Ranger and if the Town was left without a law and he-she was home in bed where was the Chief ?
    If you drive by Drug Houses and know they are Drug Houses you are at fault as much as the Drug Pusher if the laws in Ranger want help call the Drug Task Force if you feel there is a dirty Cop in your town go to the Mayor or the D.A.
    Someone on the Eastland Spin ask me if I was looking for a job in Ranger .
    No is the answer I have been with the same Office for 16 years and besides
    Eastland Co. could not pay me what I make .
    I would love to retire around Ranger because I work and live in a large town .

Lawngirl, guess I don't quite understand your thinking here, just because a person drives by a house that may look suspicous, doesn't necessarily mean it is what it
    seems, what happened to "things have to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? Maybe some folks are just bad house keepers or bad lawn keepers, who knows, who cares as long as their not bothering me or I witness them harming someone until then I will try to mind my own business, guess its hard for me to get a grip on folks whom do not live around here in our small towns however they seem to have all the scoop about us or @ least think they do, just bothers me. I feel bad for this person whom needed help, I do indeed wish this would have been handled in a better way, however I was not there so will shut up & hope if in the future this person or anyone needs help, help will be there quickly.

Lawngirl, guess I don't quite understand your thinking here, just because a person drives by a house that may look suspicous, doesn't necessarily mean it is what it
    seems, what happened to "things have to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? Maybe some folks are just bad house keepers or bad lawn keepers, who knows, who cares as long as their not bothering me or I witness them harming someone until then I will try to mind my own business, guess its hard for me to get a grip on folks whom do not live around here in our small towns however they seem to have all the scoop about us or @ least think they do, just bothers me. I feel bad for this person whom needed help, I do indeed wish this would have been handled in a better way, however I was not there so will shut up & hope if in the future this person or anyone needs help, help will be there quickly.
    Lawgirl, sorry I made a typo in your name & typed lawngirl, I do certainly apologize for that., my eyes are old.

Lawgirl, sorry I made a typo in your name & typed lawngirl, I do certainly apologize for that., my eyes are old.
    Don't worry little Lady I have been called worst than that .My eyes are not as good as they were. and tomorrow I have to go to the Gym .thats going to hurt .

I understood that mommy 1 said that the House she passes was a Drug House .
    I talk to the Drug Task Force members most every day and they know about Ranger ,Eastland and Cisco and what I hear it's a MESS.

For all of our old eyes I will post larger. LOL Lawgirl, that is an understatement when you say we have a mess here. Just keep hoping to see the big guns come back & try to clean some up again. Heard it worked pretty well the last time they were here. All that was before my time so I can't speak first hand on this. Unfortunately, it may not leave much of the area when & if they do come back.

For all of our old eyes I will post larger. LOL Lawgirl, that is an understatement when you say we have a mess here. Just keep hoping to see the big guns come back & try to clean some up again. Heard it worked pretty well the last time they were here. All that was before my time so I can't speak first hand on this. Unfortunately, it may not leave much of the area when & if they do come back.
    I was here and I do remember when it all went down. Some of the people I would not have believed had I not seen with my own eyes and yes some were in law enforcement. But you Eary did not work for the city of Ranger then. And the big bust was not only Ranger but the entire county.

Hey bd76 I just love the way you always call it the way you see it. I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplum View Post
    Hey bd76 I just love the way you always call it the way you see it. I can respect that.
    That won't happen because everyone in Ranger is too hung over on Saturday morning to get up and do something productive. So they just keep on keepin on and the town still looks like s#!t
    Is this the post to which you refer?
    While in Ranger recently for a routine inspection, I decided to implement a fact finding mission. Drove every street in town, and found it to be orderly, clean, well trimmed, and attractive, much more so than Cisco or Eastland. The streets are in better shape than Cisco's. Ranger does have something to be proud of, while the rest of the county spends their time surmising. Eastland is still pouting over Ranger getting the new Yellow Bird Truck Wash.

Why beat around the bush, If someone gets their feet stepped on maybe they shouldn't have their feet out where they can be stepped on.

I was here and I do remember when it all went down. Some of the people I would not have believed had I not seen with my own eyes and yes some were in law enforcement. But you Eary did not work for the city of Ranger then. And the big bust was not only Ranger but the entire county.

That big bust was no shocker to anyone in Ranger. We all knew who they were and so did the law know. Couldn't go to anyone as everyone was in on the dealing.It just seemed they would go on forever and no one would ever bust them. They had it made for a while.

While in Ranger recently for a routine inspection, I decided to implement a fact finding mission. Drove every street in town, and found it to be orderly, clean, well trimmed, and attractive, much more so than Cisco or Eastland. The streets are in better shape than Cisco's. Ranger does have something to be proud of, while the rest of the county spends their time surmising. Eastland is still pouting over Ranger getting the new Yellow Bird Truck Wash.
    You are full of crap, what were doing looking for more of the stuff you're smoking?

You are full of crap, what were doing looking for more of the stuff you're smoking?

bd76, you are the one full of crap. Miraculous is right, Ranger is cleaner than Cisco or Eastland. Be nice if you could just get over yourself. Join forces with THE BOY-you are two of a kind. If you don;t like Ranger then MOVE>

If you drove down every street, you musta been lost cause you cannot read the dang rusted street signs. I guess that I will have to go over and ride around to see for myself. I did not know that you could clean scum that easily or quickly and it has not been that long since I was in Ranger. HOWEVER, before everyone jumps down my throat, I do know some good folks that live in Ranger. I do feel sorry for them though, cause they are trapped. Can't sell their houses for what it would cost to buy in a decent town.

bd76, you are the one full of crap. Miraculous is right, Ranger is cleaner than Cisco or Eastland. Be nice if you could just get over yourself. Join forces with THE BOY-you are two of a kind. If you don;t like Ranger then MOVE>
    Have you lost your mind ? bd is sooooooo right, so get off his case! How can anyone say Ranger is cleaner? Maybe cleaner than say ..........a pig sty. I'm willing to bet bd is nothing like the THE BOY, cause he isn't a wuss!

MM- I have toi wonder as well what you were on when driving down the streets here.

whatever it is wouldn't even make Ranger look that good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWillie View Post
    If you drove down every street, you musta been lost cause you cannot read the dang rusted street signs. I guess that I will have to go over and ride around to see for myself. I did not know that you could clean scum that easily or quickly and it has not been that long since I was in Ranger. HOWEVER, before everyone jumps down my throat, I do know some good folks that live in Ranger. I do feel sorry for them though, cause they are trapped. Can't sell their houses for what it would cost to buy in a decent town.
    You got that right!!!!

Have you lost your mind ? bd is sooooooo right, so get off his case! How can anyone say Ranger is cleaner? Maybe cleaner than say ..........a pig sty. I'm willing to bet bd is nothing like the THE BOY, cause he isn't a wuss!

THIS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!! Shame I don't use foul language at times. I could sure use it here to say how I really feel about THE BOY.

Ummmmmmmmmmm I don't live in Ranger, FYI Pussmm