Thread: School Supplies for Siebert Students

School Supplies for Siebert Students

The Eastland First United Methodist Church is once again launching the project "Roundup School Suppies" for families needing assistance. If your child or children will be students at the Eastland Siebert Elementary school and you need financial assistance. To received free school supplies and new backpacks for your child, you need to go to the Principal's Office at Siebert and fill out the required paper work. You need to bring 1) utility bill for proof of residency in the Eastland ISD district; 2) financial need which is shown if your child will be receiving free or "reduced price" meals at school.

The deadline date is Friday, August 13th.
    School supplies will be distributed to the qualifying children on Friday, August 20th at the elementary school.

FUMC has sponsored this program for 3 years as a part of our children's ministry outreach program.

Re: School Supplies for Siebert Students

Does the church need school supply donations for this project or do they fund it themselves?

wish there was a Church in Cisco that would do this. Thanks to school supplies we were short on Grocery money.

I think a Sunday school class at First Baptist Church in Cisco is buying school supplies. You might call the church office, although, if you've already bought them, this info might be too late.

yep already bought it cost us 100.00....and that is just for two...I still have a 7th grader...Elementary is riduculous(sp)....Im thanking God for My father n law and step mnl wouldnt know what to do with out them.

Quote Originally Posted by mbh76437 View Post
    yep already bought it cost us 100.00....and that is just for two...I still have a 7th grader...Elementary is riduculous(sp)....Im thanking God for My father n law and step mnl wouldnt know what to do with out them.

i know my daughter starting pre-k in cisco 3 things on list were supplies the rest were paper products or something like that. i was also a little short on grocery money myself because of it. but luckily only have 1 kiddo

Glad there is help for those in need.
    It's Obama's fault!

This is the 3rd year for the FUMC in Eastland to have the "Back to School Supplies" project for our church. In 2008 we had 73 children which we furnished all their mandatory supplies. Last year in 2009, we did 88 children. As of today, there have been 70 children that need help with supplies.

The supplies this year are more costly (as everything else!!). All the supplies for the 5th grade student is over $50+ dollars. My cousin's child will be entering 2nd grade at a Dallas Elementary school and his supplies are $45.

This does not include a backpack!

At Abuelo's in Abilene, they have a box in the foyer for donations of certain school supplies. If you donate an item, then you get a free appetizer or something like that. It would be nice if some place in Eastland would do that as well.