Thread: Orphan Kitten Rescues!

Orphan Kitten Rescues!

It is that time of year again. Check us out on Facebook, important information is posted several times a week. We currently have no kitten available for adoption, but expect that to soon change and as soon as it does you will be able to see the new kittens via live webcam. Here's a little about us....

We are NOT an Organization, Corporation or Charity. We ARE a FAMILY and a group of FRIENDS that have come together and are devoting their time and other resources in order to help us make a difference. We raise only orphaned kittens that need to be bottle fed until they are old enough to go to their forever homes. We raise the kittens in a home-like environment so they will transition into forever homes easily. We DO NOT accept ANY cash donations, nor do we have an adoption fee, however you must agree to our terms of adoption in order to take a kitten home, which includes spaying or neutering by the age of 6 months. We always recommend vaccinating your pets. We work together with the local animal control and local veterinarians in finding GOOD homes for our kittens.

It is always best for kittens to remain with their mother for at least the first 6 weeks of life. Mother cats provide them with all the nutrients required for those crucial first weeks of development. We step in only in the even that something has separated the mother from her litter.

Our mission statement: "To mentor and assist in the protection, fostering, and adoption of homeless, abandoned, orphaned, feral or neglected newborn kittens of Eastland County and other surrounding counties. With early intervention, socialization, spaying and neutering, and permanent, responsible families, our goal is to see the problem of homeless and feral cats and kittens one day become a thing of the past."

Orphan Kitten Rescue
    Wendy Mace
    254-631-8494

Some people just do not care about cats...but Orphan Kitten Rescue
    does...and we are extremely proud to say that we support and appreciate them. They have taken many kittens from us when normally we would just have to euthanize them. Thank you wendy for all that ya'll do!

wendy I know you said you dont take money but would you take Iams coupons for kitten food and a book that tells all they need for first timers. I used to rescue kittens and cant nnow. I have a box that will expire this June...There is over 45.00 savings in coupons for the new owner...if you would like I can deliver the box to you. please let me know. 254-433-2882

ACO, I also have some puppy ones if you would be interested in handing them out to new owners also. just give me a call if i dont answer leave me a message.

Yeah I can take that. Every little bit helps!

In fact, items we regularly need are baby blankets, kitten chow, kitten formula, Kitten bottles & nipples (tractor supply has the best ones), all size plastic storage totes (we turn into incubators), heating pads, cat beds, cat toys (mice) and climbers and kennels. Thanks!