Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Brownwood hospital

  1. #1

    Brownwood hospital

    A person I know, went into the hospital to have surgery this week. Everything was okay, procedure went fine. But when she got out, and back to her room. Her clothes were stolen. She complained to the nurse, who said "you shouldn't have left them in there." an they won't do ANYTHING to pursue the matter. What cha think about that?!
    I foster dogs!!! If you have something your looking for, or just want a GOOD dog (we work with, and train some) let me know....
    Right now, i have a Briard mix, and some kind of cattle dog/heeler/shepard mix. Both VERY intelligent. Have been teaching them basic commands. can get pictures if need be

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,455
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesTheMovement View Post
    A person I know, went into the hospital to have surgery this week. Everything was okay, procedure went fine. But when she got out, and back to her room. Her clothes were stolen. She complained to the nurse, who said "you shouldn't have left them in there." an they won't do ANYTHING to pursue the matter. What cha think about that?!
    Things do get lost in hospitals, and sometimes never found. So did your friend get to wear the hospital gown home? The nurse needs to be fired
    It's Obama's fault!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    385
    Did she have family/friend with her? I don't think we have ever left any personal items in a hospital room while family/friends were at a surgical waiting area. I know it sounds crazy, but that is how it is today.

    This situation happened. My daughter was having her wedding portrait made at a huge church (courtyard with columns) in Ft. Worth. We used the bride's dressing room at the church to get her dressed. She put on her beautiful wedding slippers , and left her good tennis shoes, jeans, etc. in the church while pictures were being made.
    Well.....after photo shots were made and we went back to get her undressed, etc. GUESs What??? Her tennis shoes had been stolen! She couldn't wear her silk covered slippers....so she went bare foot to the old Cox's Dept store on Camp Bowie and we bought some cheap shoes to get her back to Eastland in.

    Stealing goes on everywhere! I am sorry your friend had her clothes stolen. Terrible. When you are dismissed from hospital, they always give you an evaluation form to evaluate your care, etc. There is where I would express what happened.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    eastland texas
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by JET View Post
    Did she have family/friend with her? I don't think we have ever left any personal items in a hospital room while family/friends were at a surgical waiting area. I know it sounds crazy, but that is how it is today.

    This situation happened. My daughter was having her wedding portrait made at a huge church (courtyard with columns) in Ft. Worth. We used the bride's dressing room at the church to get her dressed. She put on her beautiful wedding slippers , and left her good tennis shoes, jeans, etc. in the church while pictures were being made.
    Well.....after photo shots were made and we went back to get her undressed, etc. GUESs What??? Her tennis shoes had been stolen! She couldn't wear her silk covered slippers....so she went bare foot to the old Cox's Dept store on Camp Bowie and we bought some cheap shoes to get her back to Eastland in.

    Stealing goes on everywhere! I am sorry your friend had her clothes stolen. Terrible. When you are dismissed from hospital, they always give you an evaluation form to evaluate your care, etc. There is where I would express what happened.
    that is a good idea, that is what i would do.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,354
    Heck, I visited friends in the Big Spring Hospital. Left the car, came back and everything that was loose was gone. When my mom was in the Eastland hospital, i spent the night with her and the next morning all my fancy hub cabs were gone. Stealing goes on. You are responsible for items. I even had my carpet cleaned and my wonderful collection on state quarters were gone after the carpet cleaner left. Do I have the well respected carpet cleaner back?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesTheMovement View Post
    A person I know, went into the hospital to have surgery this week. Everything was okay, procedure went fine. But when she got out, and back to her room. Her clothes were stolen. She complained to the nurse, who said "you shouldn't have left them in there." an they won't do ANYTHING to pursue the matter. What cha think about that?!
    Wonder what the nurse expected her to do with her clothes, she surely couldn't take them to surgery with her, then they would have yelled"cross contamination", sounds as if the nurse surely needs a talking to, JMHO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,537
    Every time I have been admitted, my belongings were put into a bag and handed to whomever was there for me.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,210

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,981
    What are you supposed to do if you were to go into the hospital for surgery in which they were going to keep you over night and you went by yourself???

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,537
    Leave your valuables at home.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Leave your valuables at home.
    So are you saying she should have walked into the hospital naked????
    Obama did it.

  12. #12
    Why is it when I want to add an emoticon it automatically jumps to the first of my post??? As in if I attempted to add one here *** it would actually jump it to in front of the word "Why" at the beginning of this post.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,537
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    So are you saying she should have walked into the hospital naked????
    I don't consider clothes as valuables.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    I don't consider clothes as valuables.
    The topic of this post was about 'clothing' being stolen. Nothing said about valuables.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,537
    Do you just want to argue semantics?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Do you just want to argue semantics?
    semantic shemantics. Either way, her clothes got stolen, when there was nothing she could do about it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,210
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Why is it when I want to add an emoticon it automatically jumps to the first of my post??? As in if I attempted to add one here *** it would actually jump it to in front of the word "Why" at the beginning of this post.
    Why is it when I want to add an emoticon it automatically jumps to the first of my post??? As in if I attempted to add one here

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Gordon, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,210
    Just testing the emoticon thing.. I didn't have a problem with putting the emoticon where I wanted it. Anyone else having that problem?

  19. #19
    I also have issues if I Reply with Quote and want to highlight a portion of the quote in a different color font than black. It won't let me without having to piece in the code for the colorizing. Used to be able to highlight the text I wanted to color and change the color using the tabs at the top of the Reply box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •