Thread: Just tired of TXOL

Thumbs up Just tired of TXOL

For a couple weeks I have had very little service from TXOL. Saturday, the 631-8888 was busy all morning out my way. Could not dial in. Then on Sunday could dial in but after connecting I would shortly be discounted. I have called in--been walked through a disconnect and reconnect. Nothing better. So today I started the process of going to Comanche County Telephone or whatever their name is today. Through t he years they have provided to me excellent telephone service. I detest change but it seems it is necessary.

I am pretty dumb about computers, but when I have had a problem I go to Benny (think that is his name) and he has been very helpful to me. However, my problems are probably very simple for most of you computer whiz people.

Good luck June.

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    For a couple weeks I have had very little service from TXOL. Saturday, the 631-8888 was busy all morning out my way. Could not dial in. Then on Sunday could dial in but after connecting I would shortly be discounted. I have called in--been walked through a disconnect and reconnect. Nothing better. So today I started the process of going to Comanche County Telephone or whatever their name is today. Through t he years they have provided to me excellent telephone service. I detest change but it seems it is necessary.
    Call the auto parts number and ask to speak to Bryan. Bet he will solve your problem!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Call the auto parts number and ask to speak to Bryan. Bet he will solve your problem!
    Bryan doesn't have TXOL anymore. It is now in with Radio Shack/Eastland Office Supply

I'd give him a call regardless.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Spent $79.00 with Bryan so they can't help or that is Cameron. They have done all they can do. I have talked with Zack several times in the two weeks. It's just time to change.

Today I seem to be having issues with AT&T. Am not receiving emails to either the computer or phone.
    Obama did it.

I truly think the problem is our overloaded phone lines. Getting something done about it is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    Today I seem to be having issues with AT&T. Am not receiving emails to either the computer or phone.
    I sent you a text message.... I guess that explains why you didn't respond?

Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    I would be complaining if I had to use dial up. Ohhh.. how I would complain! I can tell you that broadband is so important to me that I wouldn't move to a place that didn't have it. I wouldn't even think about moving any closer to Gordon because they don't get cell service. I need all my electronics working quickly.

Blackberrys in Europe, US and Canada all had issues today thanks to a Blackberry system upgrade a few days back.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I would be complaining if I had to use dial up. Ohhh.. how I would complain! I can tell you that broadband is so important to me that I wouldn't move to a place that didn't have it. I wouldn't even think about moving any closer to Gordon because they don't get cell service. I need all my electronics working quickly.
    Admitting to an addiction is that critical first step on the long road to recovery! (And you are definitely addicted!) Now unplug thyself and spin no more!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Flipocrat View Post
    Admitting to an addiction is that critical first step on the long road to recovery! (And you are definitely addicted!) Now unplug thyself and spin no more!
    I'm curious.... is there a treatment facility for those that are severely addicted to one political party? If so..... when do democrats and republicans check in?

Quote Originally Posted by Flipocrat View Post
    Heck, I don't have time to Spin like I used to.

Just so you will know, about 1-2 years ago Bryan sold TXOL to the folks at Radio Shack, so you will need to call them for service.

June, Wild Blue is having a introductory offer that sounds pretty good, maybe think about that.

Phone lines are phone lines. If you're having problems with a dialup connection, chances are that it's your phone that is the source of the trouble. Switching to another dialup service isn't going to fix the problem.

Especially after a heavy rain, phone lines start getting noise and static on them due to water infiltrating the connection boxes. Data services don't like static in any shape or form because it causes dropped connections and long delays in the transfer of data (internet information).

I sure hope you can get the problem resolved, June, 'cause I miss pickin' on you!

Had a terrible lightning storm a week or 10 days prior to the big rain. Unplugged everything but forgot the telephone line. Well...problems...first I had Comanche County Telephone out...checked all lines...okay...(they said that they had had a lot of calls since that little storm.)...then Cameron put in a new phone modem. Fixed the problem. I have started the process to switch to Comanche Co. Broadband...but they are not guarnateeing (sp) that it will come through the way that I want it to. I am just too remote. Love it and can not give up my other whims of life for the fancy broadband that will come in...Friend gave me a laptop...so it is not the computer it's just the services that you live wiht. Glad you like pickin' on me!...thought it was my relatives...do you know that there is one Saturday this month...and both my mother and dad's families are having their reunion...one with 42 first cousins is where I will eat lunch...the one with the shrimp boil and the food poured out on the table will be where I will eat supper...this is something else if you have never been to one...and HPU is having their homecoming today all day...Oh! well I will just stay in Eastland County where the internet is slow and the food is wonderful!!!

June DirecTV offers satellite internet that is supposed to be pretty fast, except when there is heavy cloud cover, rain, snow etc.

And I love a good old fashioned shrimp boil with the butcher paper tablecloths and no plates!

Nothing better than the potatoes, corn, shrimp etc. from one. This will be the old-fashioned kind as the Tucker's have every year some where.

Went with Totelcom for now because of pricing. Really wanted Hughes but felt as if it did not fit my budget for now. Maybe after Christmas. Santa gets more and more expensive!!!But hate to tell the little ones, and big ones too that there is no Santa Claus.

I have Wild Blue and like it.

I have totelcom since it is my only choice. It is great!
    "Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling."

I think txol is a great service and They are only going to improve before too long!