Thread: Anyone Else?

Anyone Else?

Does anyone else miss Mr Logan's haunted house and all his decorations around town?

(BTW apparently I can't type on my phone today...sorry for the misspelling of the title)
    Last edited by PiggyDog; 10-14-2011 at 12:46 PM.

I bet the kids do but do not know who was responsible for them. The older folks did not participate as much. I get scared when the lights dim in Walmart.

I know I miss him. We had a blast the 5 or so years we did the haunted house. Last year was the first year in many many years that I did not participate in any Halloween decorating. I was just way too busy and no available space to do it.

This year, a couple or 4 of us will be down at the Lyric setting up something for Halloween night for the Trick-or-Treat on the Square, and any trick or treaters who come by after that.. hopefully until about 10 p.m. This won't be very elaborate, but should give a kid or two a wanted scare! Little ones can pick up their candy in front.. older ones can walk through the "Hallway of Doom".

I plan to try to get business sponsors who would like to donate candy or money for candy for the event. In return I will list them on advertising for the event on MicroplexNews, and will make up something to post in front of the Lyric listing all sponsors. I would like to pump up Boo in the Garden and Trick-or-Treat on the Square to a really big event!

Oh how I love Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyDog View Post

(BTW apparently I can't type on my phone today...sorry for the misspelling of the title)
    I fixed it fer ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I know I miss him. We had a blast the 5 or so years we did the haunted house. Last year was the first year in many many years that I did not participate in any Halloween decorating. I was just way too busy and no available space to do it.

This year, a couple or 4 of us will be down at the Lyric setting up something for Halloween night for the Trick-or-Treat on the Square, and any trick or treaters who come by after that.. hopefully until about 10 p.m. This won't be very elaborate, but should give a kid or two a wanted scare! Little ones can pick up their candy in front.. older ones can walk through the "Hallway of Doom".

I plan to try to get business sponsors who would like to donate candy or money for candy for the event. In return I will list them on advertising for the event on MicroplexNews, and will make up something to post in front of the Lyric listing all sponsors. I would like to pump up Boo in the Garden and Trick-or-Treat on the Square to a really big event!

Oh how I love Halloween!
    Hey now you gotta throw my house in there to! Lol
    She's pretty darn decorated and we'll be dressed up passing out candy I guess probably Monday night.... I think we're to far away from Cisco to get any of them Saturday....

Maybe next year we can get together and put on a haunted house in his honor and have the proceeds to to a scholarship in his name or something....Or the art club...IDK who sponsors the art club....hmmm

Thank you!

I really miss him and the haunted house.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyDog View Post
    Hey now you gotta throw my house in there to! Lol
    She's pretty darn decorated and we'll be dressed up passing out candy I guess probably Monday night.... I think we're to far away from Cisco to get any of them Saturday....

Maybe next year we can get together and put on a haunted house in his honor and have the proceeds to to a scholarship in his name or something....Or the art club...IDK who sponsors the art club....hmmm

Thank you!
    I heard the Art Club was no more. It's hard to find those who are willing to give up so much of their time like Norm was. In order to have an Art Club, someone has to be willing to make those meetings, find projects for the students to do, then supervise them on thos projects. Then... in order to have any money to do the projects with, you have to do fund raisers... like the haunted house. Norm was there at the last haunted house, although weak and in pain, supervising his art club students and making sure the event came off without a hitch.

Norm probably got more done in the short time he was here on earth than a lot of people get done in a long lifetime.

I heard the Art Club was no more. It's hard to find those who are willing to give up so much of their time like Norm was. In order to have an Art Club, someone has to be willing to make those meetings, find projects for the students to do, then supervise them on thos projects. Then... in order to have any money to do the projects with, you have to do fund raisers... like the haunted house. Norm was there at the last haunted house, although weak and in pain, supervising his art club students and making sure the event came off without a hitch.

Norm probably got more done in the short time he was here on earth than a lot of people get done in a long lifetime.
    Aint that the truth! Miss the ol geezer! (Actually he was younger than me!!)
    Obama did it.

The Arts over sports here? Your kidding?
    Last edited by Julie; 10-22-2011 at 09:35 AM.

the key club helped with the last haunted house.

The Key Club is a group of married couples whose menfolk meet on Friday mornings to drop their house key in a bowl. It is passed around where each one then pulls out a key that is labeled for the house door it will unlock. That night, each one takes the key they have drawn to that house and enters to spend the night with someone else's wife. If they are lucky, she will have a wonderful meal prepared before the fun begins.
    It was very nice of them to help with the haunted house.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    The Arts over sports here? Your kidding?
    It has nothing to do with sports. Norm had the art club meet after school once a week. The projects they did created some extra money for art supplies, etc. The art teachers after Norm must have dropped the program.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    The Key Club is a group of married couples whose menfolk meet on Friday mornings to drop their house key in a bowl. It is passed around where each one then pulls out a key that is labeled for the house door it will unlock. That night, each one takes the key they have drawn to that house and enters to spend the night with someone else's wife. If they are lucky, she will have a wonderful meal prepared before the fun begins.
    It was very nice of them to help with the haunted house.

Its hard not to miss mr. logan he was an all around great person! I am creative, but not artistic and he never judged me for my stick figure drawings. I loved the haunted house, I think it would be awesome to have one in the school. Its almost castle creepy and would be so neat.