Thread: Disgusted DELUXE

Disgusted DELUXE

Where do I start...CG 15 minute time limit may not be enough--Back in the late 1990's I remodeled an old, very old house. Spent too much money on it and am still not finished. Well, my bedroom, I made it all glass or almost all glass whereas I could see all four directions on this Godly earth out of Carbon, Tx. I thought that I would shop at home and I did bought new windows from S& M (Reynolds)--premade by them--or so they said. Paid an arm and a leg for poor little old woman for the pre-made windows. Paid labor to another person to install the window and the glass "semiwall" for the north side. Now the window keeps fogging up until I can no longer see out it. I called S&M (Reynolds) in Cisco to see what I could do. "Nothing!", they say. "It"ll just get worse! You have to replace the glass." They gave to me the name of a contractor to replace the mighty expensive home grown glass...but now they are saying that they did not make the windows that they were subcontractors for an outfit out of the Metroplex but they now knew that the windows were faulty. And, guess what the semi-glass north wall will get the same way. What do you do. Feel as if i need to call in Chief What's His Name and start a hatchet job on my homegrown ideas. Thank goodness a Brownwood Company had a less expensive price and the rest of the windows came from them. Feel sorry for anyone who had a new home built and bought all their windows from a local retailer. Any Suggestions?
    Last edited by june; 04-12-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Finally got something to post but now its come up again. So here goes # 2.

If you check the remember me box when you log in you won't have a 15 minute time limit. When you're done you can log out if you want to.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Had same thing happen to mine. No, sorry, nothing that can be done. For years I hung lacy curtain panels in front to hide the haze until I could afford to replace the Windows.

I stopped by the S&M building this morning. They had good mops outside for 1.00 each. Somethings left over from their business. I was told the company has closed. They are selling a few left over items. They have been in business for many years here. We sure don't need to lose any of our few businesses. I guess selling bad windows didn't help.

Did they close the business or sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by MsBizzybody View Post
    Did they close the business or sell it?
    Closed.

So sad and a horrible waste of money . When we shop we should be able to rely on the product being the quality we pay for but it is not always that way. We purchased a very expensive box spring and mattress from a store in Abilene and the set had a lifetime warranty. yea buddy. They have gone out of business.Now this was not a cheapy. I am so upset about this. Called Better Business Buro(I know this is misspelled),they said there was nothing they could do. Really? What are they for then? Too few want to do a responsible job anymore. Where is the pride of workmanship and pride of our word gone?

I understand your frustration, but the Better Business Bureau doesn't rectify bad business deals. They will let you know when they have received a complaint about a business, but they don't have the authority to do anything about it... other than let other people know so they won't get ripped off.

Did they manufacture the product or just sell it. Usually items with lifetime warranties are warrantied by the "manufacturer" and I have great responses from them via instant messaging and Internet communications. As long as you have the original purchase receipt. Even when they are bought out by other companies. I can't tell ya how helpful the website www.consumerist.com is in finding creative and DIRECT ways to communicate with companies. Good luck if you still can pursue those issues.

In my case you have no recourse. Just take it and lump it. So glad that I bought "cheaper" windows somewhere else. Now that I know that the windows are not in a life-time warranty, I do have a way to fix the windows which I will try. Take a razor blade, split the seal between the two glasses and blow my hair dryer down the split.

Just to verify, the windows were custom built to size in Cisco at the plant. Reynolds does not build insulated glass. It has to be sealed at a glass factory. Reynolds orders it's insulated glass from Dallas and then builds the windows in Cisco. The glass has a 5 year warranty. These windows are over 10 years old. The factory is closing but after 60 years in business bad windows has nothing to do with it. Reynolds windows can be found in many schools such as Howard Payne University and in many government buildings.

Okay! Should I expect the North wall of glass to fog up too?