Thread: George W Bush Still Protecting US.

George W Bush Still Protecting US.

Last week, in a Thursday April 31 ceremony, former president George W Bush 'visited' the White House to supposedly be honored by the unveiling of his official portrait.

Then only a week later, Al Qaeda's #2 man, Abu Yahya al-Libi is taken out by a drone-fired weapon in Northern Pakistan.

Coincidence? I seriously doubt it. Just a man continuing to do what he devoted his presidency to, what our current president just can't force himself to do, at least without diddling about it for 4 long days. And thanks to G. W. B.'s quick reflexes, he most likely grabbed the joy stick and brilliantly guided that missile into the personal space of the enemy, and sent that terrorist where terrorists go. (Wherever that is.)

I, for one, want to thank W for continuing to protect the country from the bad guys. Stand your ground, W.

If only Obama could score a hit on the enemies of America!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Thomas Jefferson

Your Obama is only good at apology, but the CIA and the military put in place by Bush is simply being used by the man that that really pushed the killing of OBL by the Rangers.
    The Secretory of Defense Panetta.

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is keeping the pressure on Pakistan, but says the U.S. is reaching its limit of patience to root out the terrorist Haqqani network.
    The group has claimed responsibility for several attacks on Americans, including last year's attack against the U.S. Embassy and NATO headquarters in Kabul. It also has ties to al-Qaida and the Taliban and has emerged as perhaps the biggest threat to stability in Afghanistan.
    Lawmakers from both parties have been urging the State Departmeent to designate the Haqqani network a foreign terrorist organization.
    The U.S. has given Pakistan billions of dollars in aid for its support in fighting Islamist militants.
    Panetta's comments at a news conference with Afghan Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak caps two days of blunt commentary on Pakistan.
    THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
    U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta arrived in Afghanistan on Thursday to take stock of progress in the war and discuss plans for the troop drawdown, even as violence spiked in the south.
    Making his fourth trip to the war zone, Panetta acknowledged the increase in attacks and that the insurgents appear to be much more organized. But he insisted that the overall level of violence was down, and that commanders had expected the uptick.
    Panetta said he wants to get an assessment of the situation from the top U.S. commander, Marine Gen. John Allen, and see how confident he is about NATO's ability to confront the threats both from the Taliban and the Haqqani network, which often operates from safe havens in Pakistan.
    "I think it's important to make sure we are aware of the kind of attacks they're going to engage in ... as we go through the rest of the summer," Panetta told reporters traveling with him during a stop in New Delhi, India, on Wednesday.
    Speaking to troops gathered at the airport in Kabul, Panetta kept up the drumbeat on Pakistan that began two days earlier during his visit to India. Panetta told the troops that "we have every responsibility to defend ourselves and we are going to make very clear that we are prepared to take them on and we've got to put pressure on Pakistan to take them on as well."
    Panetta is arriving just a day after three suicide attackers blew themselves up in a marketplace in southern Afghanistan, killing 22 people and wounding at least 50 others. In the east, meanwhile, Afghan officials and residents said a predawn NATO airstrike targeting militants killed civilians celebrating a wedding, including women and children. A NATO forces spokesman said the coalition had no reports of civilians being killed in a raid.
    Allen has to withdraw 23,000 American troops by the end of September, leaving about 68,000 U.S. military personnel in the country. Officials have said the bulk of the 23,000 probably will not come out until shortly before the deadline.
    As those troops leave, Allen has said that Afghan forces will be used to fill in the gaps in the eastern and southwestern parts of the country. They will be buttressed by U.S. advisory teams that will work with the Afghan units.
    Once the 23,000 U.S. troops depart, Allen is expected to review how the fighting season is going and then will begin to put together an analysis for President Barack Obama on how troop withdrawals will proceed next year.
    Panetta also was scheduled to meet with U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker and Afghan Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak.
    Panetta's stop in Kabul caps two days of blunt commentary on Pakistan that underscored America's escalating impatience with Islamabad.
    A senior U.S. official acknowledged Thursday that the recent increase in drone strikes on insurgents in Pakistan is due in part to frustration with Islamabad. Despite pressure from U.S. commanders, Pakistan remains reluctant to go after insurgents, particularly the Haqqani network, which was likely responsible for recent deadly attacks on U.S. forces.
    Panetta's explicit description of frustration, while visiting neighboring India, appeared to signal a somewhat tougher stance and a suggestion that the U.S. is becoming even more willing and quick to strike terrorist targets inside Pakistan.
    The defense secretary also joked with troops at the Kabul airport about the U.S. strike that killed an al-Qaida leader Monday, saying, "the worst job you can get these days is to be a deputy leader in al-Qaida, or for that matter a leader"
    Last edited by mingus108; 06-07-2012 at 05:32 AM.

KABUL — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta arrived in Afghanistan on Thursday for talks with military leaders amid rising violence in the war against the Taliban and a spate of deadly incidents, including a NATO air strike said to have killed 18 villagers.

• Panetta said the purpose of the trip was to hear an assessment from U.S. General John Allen, the head of NATO coalition forces in Afghanistan, about the "ability to confront these threats from the Taliban and from the Haqqanis", a reference to the hardline, al-Qaida linked Haqqani network.

Panetta also planned to visit troops and hold talks with the Afghan defense minister, General Abdul Rahim Wardak.
    Panetta said he wanted to find out about a recent increase in the numbers of attacks in Afghanistan, including some that appear to have been more organized than others seen recently.
    "I think it's important to try to make sure we are aware of the kind of attacks they are going to engage in, particularly as we go through the rest of the summer and enter the latter part of this year," Panetta said.
    The Afghanistan visit came at the end of Panetta's week-long trip to Asia to explain a new U.S. military strategy, announced in January, that calls for a shift in strategic focus to the Asia-Pacific region.
    US urges bigger role for India in Afghanistan During a stop in New Delhi, Panetta encouraged Indian leaders to become more involved in helping Afghanistan build its economy and train its security forces as the international coalition begins to draw down forces over the next two years.
    ed India to continue working to build a better relationship with Pakistan, a long-time rival for influence in Afghanistan.

"Just as India views the relationship with Pakistan as complicated, so do we. And it is, it's a complicated relationship, often-times frustrating, often-times difficult, but at the same time it is a necessary relationship," he said.
    Panetta said the United States was "fighting a war" against al-Qaida in Pakistan's lawless northwestern territories, and he suggested that drone strikes targeting al-Qaida leaders in the region would continue despite Pakistan's concerns that they violate its sovereignty.
    White House confirms death of al-Qaida no. 2 in Pakistan "We have made clear to the Pakistanis that the United States of America is going to defend ourselves against those who would attacks us," he said. "And we have done just that. We have gone after their leadership and we have done it effectively."
    "We have made very clear that we are going to continue to defend ourselves," Panetta said.
    On Wednesday, Afghan officials and villagers said 18 people, including women and children, had been killed in a NATO air strike in Afghanistan's southeast. NATO officials said they were looking into the reports of civilian casualties.
    Also on Wednesday, two suicide bombers killed 20 civilians outside a major NATO base in the south, the bloodiest attack in weeks since the Taliban launched a spring offensive.

It's an election year, Flip, and Obama is taking full advantage of our outstanding military to enhance his re-election chances. Just remember, he said that he will have more "flexibility" to cave in to Russia's demands and China's demands after the election. He will also put our military on the chopping block, or maybe the auction block, after he is re-elected.

Right now, he can't afford to give in to Pakistan's demands to stop the drone attacks, because it would be devastating to his campaign. After November, who cares?

Flip, the man has TOLD us what he will do in his second term, and I am amazed (and confused) that you continue to support him!! If W were to be the one selling us out to the Chinese and Russians, and if it were W that continued to spend trillions of dollars that we don't have, you would be up in arms. Barack Hussein Obama is not even coming close to following the platform of the Democratic Party that got him elected. That's why so many prominent Democrats are deserting his sinking ship.

I do tend to agree, however, with your post that is dripping with sarcasm. If Bush is to get the blame for all the bad things that are plaguing our country, then he should also be credited with all the good things, don't you think?

I think we all want the Utopian dream for our country... affordable healthcare, decent wages, secure employment, the pursuit of happiness and a stable economy. But we can't bring it into existence by presidential executive orders or decrees by the emperor. We can't continue to fool ourselves. Our country is in trouble. Our economy and our reputation as a world leader are in free-fall. And Obama doesn't know how to fix the problem! Please, let's quit pretending that he does! And let's quit pretending that he is a Democrat! He's not!

obl dead, GM alive... We get it. The question is; what have you done for us lately?

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    It's an election year, Flip, and Obama is taking full advantage of our outstanding military to enhance his re-election chances. Just remember, he said that he will have more "flexibility" to cave in to Russia's demands and China's demands after the election. He will also put our military on the chopping block, or maybe the auction block, after he is re-elected.!
    I'm sure you haven't noticed, but Obama has a very impressive list of 'eliminated' Al Qaeda targets. And most were not taken out in an election year. Again, I will theorize that if Obama personally found a cure for cancer, you and your team would do two things:

#1. Whine that he did it to gain brownie points for re-election.
    #2. Whine that he's killing the pharmaceutical industry that won't have expensive drugs to sell anymore.

I heard what he said to Medyedeveded. (Please check my spelling, Mingo.) Are you telling me that what he said isn't the general attitude of all politicians everywhere, since time began? It is your opinion that he wants "to cave to Russia's demands". What a shock that you would take it that way.

The military needs some serious chopping, as do all other government entities.

I think Bush should get credit when credit is due. Certainly not "with all the good things".

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    obl dead, GM alive... We get it. The question is; what have you done for us lately?
    Well his agenda has been stifled, somewhat lately. But rest assured, it has nothing to do with the Obstructionist House-o-Representatives.

If not Republican Representatives O Ridin' Roughshod, what does it have to do with?

Quote Originally Posted by Flipocrat View Post
    I'm sure you haven't noticed, but Obama has a very impressive list of 'eliminated' Al Qaeda targets. And most were not taken out in an election year. Again, I will theorize that if Obama personally found a cure for cancer, you and your team would do two things:

#1. Whine that he did it to gain brownie points for re-election.
    #2. Whine that he's killing the pharmaceutical industry that won't have expensive drugs to sell anymore.

I heard what he said to Medyedeveded. (Please check my spelling, Mingo.) Are you telling me that what he said isn't the general attitude of all politicians everywhere, since time began? It is your opinion that he wants "to cave to Russia's demands". What a shock that you would take it that way.

The military needs some serious chopping, as do all other government entities.

I think Bush should get credit when credit is due. Certainly not "with all the good things".
    Two-bit slut do not confuse me with Cecil, sober up for your own good.

And Obama doesn't know how to fix the problem! Please, let's quit pretending that he does! And let's quit pretending that he is a Democrat! He's not!
    Our president has a good plan for repairing our economy and paying down the debt, the same one Clinton used successfully which is the Democratic platform. Tax the rich! The Bush tax cuts will expire at the end of this year. Mitt will seek to extend them, and perpetuate our problems. The nation was stronger under the Clinton tax rates, which is where we need to be. Only our president and the Democrats are willing to give that back to us.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Our president has a good plan for repairing our economy and paying down the debt, the same one Clinton used successfully which is the Democratic platform. Tax the rich! The Bush tax cuts will expire at the end of this year. Mitt will seek to extend them, and perpetuate our problems. The nation was stronger under the Clinton tax rates, which is where we need to be. Only our president and the Democrats are willing to give that back to us.
    Our President sad to say is a incompetent idiot and you are right along with him.
    The Country has awaken to that fact, you will see a change for the good of the Nation.

Speaking of W, is anyone else watching in... fascination? Bill Clinton's efforts in support of the president?

Staying on the topic of W, what's up with Dianne Feinstein's concerns over intelligence leaks? Why would a prominent Democrat raise those questions publicly during an election campaign? The intelligence committees usually do their business away from the glare of cameras.

And finally, speaking of W, Did anyone catch coverage of AG Holder's comments before Congress yesterday? I have a question; If gun running under W was just as big and just as disastrous, why did we think it was such a good idea to do it again?

If Obama would support going back to Clinton spending, he might get support for the Clinton tax rates.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    If Obama would support going back to Clinton spending, he might get support for the Clinton tax rates.
    [sigh]I suppose I'd agree to that too.[/sigh]

Speaking of W, I heard a rumor that he's building a place out past Cisco going West on I-20. Is there any truth to that?
    It's Obama's fault!

Did you hear what that idiot Sara Palin just said?

november.jpg

Cappy, I believe that is a rumor. We heard it owned by a man by the name of Mercer.

Did you hear what that idiot Sara Palin just said?

november.jpg
    CG, This is great!!! thanx for the laugh!!
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

If not Republican Representatives O Ridin' Roughshod, what does it have to do with?
    Okay. Ya got me, pardna. It absolutely does have to do with an obstructionist H of R.

. . . speaking of W, Did anyone catch coverage of AG Holder's comments before Congress yesterday? I have a question; If gun running under W was just as big and just as disastrous, why did we think it was such a good idea to do it again?
    No good answer to that one. So my question is, why does Republicorp spend millions hosting these 'fact-finding' commissions on things that happen on Obama's watch, yet ignore the same basic actions under W's watch?

How about that pricey trial for Democrat John Edwards? Where is the trial for a similar man ho, Republican John Ensign?

And how many tens of millions of tax payer-funded dollars were spent to embarrass Bill Clinton? There is a historical highlight in American politics. Thanks, GOP.

The Dems insisted that 'virtual' philanderer Anthony Weiner resign after sending photos of lumpy underoos to females. Yet, Republicorp's David Vitter is found to be associating with prostitutes, and there he is, still in office and setting a great example for the young-uns.

The GOP doesn't have a conservative or moral bone in it's body.

No good answer to that one. So my question is, why does Republicorp spend millions hosting these 'fact-finding' commissions on things that happen on Obama's watch, yet ignore the same basic actions under W's watch?

How about that pricey trial for Democrat John Edwards? Where is the trial for a similar man ho, Republican John Ensign?

And how many tens of millions of tax payer-funded dollars were spent to embarrass Bill Clinton? There is a historical highlight in American politics. Thanks, GOP.

The Dems insisted that 'virtual' philanderer Anthony Weiner resign after sending photos of lumpy underoos to females. Yet, Republicorp's David Vitter is found to be associating with prostitutes, and there he is, still in office and setting a great example for the young-uns.

The GOP doesn't have a conservative or moral bone in it's body.
    How can you talk like that when you are an atheist?
    What about the dirt the Demorats throw at Sara Palin?
    As far as David Vitter, he is a Koon-ass and they dance to a different drumbeat.
    In other words they are held to a different standard.

And how many tens of millions of tax payer-funded dollars were spent to embarrass Bill Clinton?
    None. It is impossible to embarrass Bill Clinton, the man is shameless.

Bill Clinton embarrassed himself and our country and the distinguished office of the President without any help from the taxpayers.

I miss the old Democratic Party. The New Democrats just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Cappy, I believe that is a rumor. We heard it owned by a man by the name of Mercer.
    Thanks Olivia I heard the rumor at work. Had forgot about it, till I read this discussion.

Mingus why dont you get into politics to set these folksin office straight?ps I am not a slut so think of another word to dis me please.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    How can you talk like that when you are an atheist?
    What about the dirt the Demorats throw at Sara Palin?
    As far as David Vitter, he is a Koon-ass and they dance to a different drumbeat.
    In other words they are held to a different standard.
    Pulling out the old atheist label again? It's not that I don't believe in God. It's that I don't believe in you.

What does Sarah have to do with adultery by politicians? Have you heard something? You can tell me. I promise not to discuss it beyond this thread!

Just because your party has different standards for your own doesn't mean we shall let it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    None. It is impossible to embarrass Bill Clinton, the man is shameless.
    None? Seriously? Been getting propaganda tips from Mingouse' nowadays?

Bill Clinton embarrassed himself and our country and the distinguished office of the President without any help from the taxpayers.

I miss the old Democratic Party. The New Democrats just don't get it.
    And W didn't do anything to embarrass the US, did he?

You should stop turning to politicians for moral equivalency. It's hopeless.

By the way, it was Republicorp that made his sexual impropriety a public congressional circus. And dare I say, many politicians do those things. But the Democrats don't see a need in wasting tax money to make them a public issue. (Somebody has to be the adult in the room.)

By the way, it was Republicorp that made his sexual impropriety a public congressional circus. And dare I say, many politicians do those things. But the Democrats don't see a need in wasting tax money to make them a public issue. (Somebody has to be the adult in the room.)
    You a loose slut preaching morality? Shame shame, I will bet ole Barney Frank is your hero

Are you saying that the Democrats don't see a need to be truthful under oath? Or they don't see a need for morality in the Oval Office? Or they don't see a need for public servants to be accountable to the taxpayers? Surely, that's not what you're saying!

Yup, that is what she is saying.

Agreed.

There is no winning the conversation. Conservatives think odumbo is a idiot better suited to flip burgers...and the libs think conservatives have an intellectual deficiency....

it will never end...but we are on the right side of history.....

Are you saying that the Democrats don't see a need to be truthful under oath? Or they don't see a need for morality in the Oval Office? Or they don't see a need for public servants to be accountable to the taxpayers? Surely, that's not what you're saying!
    I'm saying that I suffer no delusions that any politicians are moral giants. And I don't live in a fantasy world that leads me to believe they are. Thusly, I don't waste time
    worrying about it. I certainly don't want equally immoral Republicans using tax dollars to make public spectacles of Dems doing the same thing Repubs do. (Suddenly, Newt Gingrich has popped into my head. I wonder why?)

That's why I supported and continue to support Mitt Romney instead of Newt Gingrich. We've had enough moral decay and corruption to last us a lifetime.

I hope for some change!

I consider Obama and Mitt to both be decent, family-respecting people. I hope neither disappoints me in that arena.

I consider Obama and Mitt to both be decent, family-respecting people. I hope neither disappoints me in that arena.
    As much as I disagree with odumbo's politics...I will have to admit that he does seem like a very decent kinda guy.

See Flipper, We can agree on one more thing...Is it really that far to get you to jump over to the right??

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ...Is it really that far to get you to jump over to the right??
    Flip/flopocrite?

And your not an idiot Mingus? Your party is a joke, Obama has done more in his first 18 months than George w or his daddy ever did!!!
    Last edited by Samsquanch; 06-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
    And your not an idiot Mingus? Your party is a joke, Obama has done more in his first 18 months than George w or his daddy ever did!!!
    I think this is a case of a kettle calling a tea pot black don't you?

Yes he has along with holder, Rev wright, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
    Yes sir, those food stamps are flying out the windows more than ever.
    And we are in sad shape, but you don't pay taxes so it means nothing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    See Flipper, We can agree on one more thing...Is it really that far to get you to jump over to the right??
    The big difference isn't in the policy. It is is the individual psyche.
    Democrats - givers
    Republicans - takers

There is no doubt that the Democratic Party is the party of giving. Democrats love America. Democrats want this nation to be the shining example of truth, justice, and ... well, the American way!

I just wish we had a Democrat in the White House. We don't, and we don't have a Democratic candidate that comes close to filling the shoes of FDR, HST, JFK and/or LBJ. Or even Bill Clinton.

Since it comes down to a choice between a liberal Socialist and a moderate Republican, I'll take the moderate Republican every time! Democrats need to put a true Democrat on the ballot!

YUP!

Republicans need to put a true Republican on the ballot!

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Republicans need to put a true Republican on the ballot!
    Got anyone in mind?

The big difference isn't in the policy. It is is the individual psyche.
    Democrats - givers
    Republicans - takers
    You have that all twisted around. Do you think there are more democrats or republicans on welfare/food stamps??

I will leave you with that in mind.