Thread: Eastland New Business??

Eastland New Business??

I have been noticing some new business activity in Eastland. Just wondering.... What is happening at Dr. Simpson's BBQ Restaurant? Who is using Tillie Pullman's old building by the Chinese Restaurant? (know it is a mechanic shop, but who is the owner?)
    Who is putting in new business by the Bridge on Main Street? Is the person local or out of county? I know it is to be some kind of Western equipment store.

Also, they are moving off the old house by the carwash. Is something planned for that lot?

I also noticed that the chain was down at Starbucks. Is someone fixing to move into that building?

What will happen to the Italian Restaurant facility? Sure wish a good restaurant would move in.

Oh, by the way! The first camp at Solid Rock Sports Camp is in progress. Lots of high school kids from a Baptist Church in Big Springs. Hope they have a good time and spread the word to other churches.
    I think this facility is going to be a plus for Eastland economy. Exciting!!!!

Golden Chick is going into the building Starbucks was in. Don't know much about the others.

The owners of that mechanic shop are out of Ranger.
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. ~~~Mark Twain

No food place at Sneeds. Local Business man bought it.
    Did you kiss your pig today?

Oh yes, by all means, we need another chicken place. NOT !!!!

We do need another chicken place. Chicken Express built their big new store in Cisco with Eastland money.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Nothing wrong with competition, if we had six chicken places we could become the fried chicken capital of Central Texas. Instead of tater tots they could offer toadies to help push the old rip concept.

About 6 months ago the Simpsons place was going to be a family resturant called Legends.

The old Sneed building was purchased by a BusinessWoman in town! Chicken Express will have locations in both towns. I had heard there was a Western Store coming to Eastland but I'm having trouble figuring out what building there is by the bridge in Eastland? Are you talking about S& K Sales old place? They had told me that it was going to be a resale shop. Could be that they changed their mind. Tillie's old place is an auto detailing shop. May also be a mechanic shop too.

The western store is owned by dear friends of mine from olden. To accomodate the city ordiances they are having to make modifications to the building. I dont know her date yet on when she will open. Im not disclosing there name till I have their permission.

but aint the 'western store' not really a western clothing store but where you can by horse things an western art an stuff?

I've talked to them and that makes sense. Is it going to be things like they have out at the Barbeque place or more than that?

Who cares what kind of Western it is? It is business which this area could use.

This all sounds good. More businesses - more jobs.

Again, I think the Solid Rock Sports Camp and Retreat is going to be a big plus for our area. Also, Today we see another big house being framed by the golf course. There is a very large house being built on a prime lot by the golf course. Someone said people from the metroplex.

Also, the RV park at Solid Rock is busy.

Well I care what it is!
    It's my business to know everything!

Doc Simpsons old bbq joint is a Radio Station like 91.6 fm or something like that Plays Old Country. As I understand it they plan to rent outthe front of the Bld for like confrences, family gatherings stuff like that??? Dunno

Quote Originally Posted by K-OSSS View Post
    Doc Simpsons old bbq joint is a Radio Station like 91.6 fm or something like that Plays Old Country. As I understand it they plan to rent outthe front of the Bld for like confrences, family gatherings stuff like that??? Dunno
    It is 91.1 and real good county music.

That wonderful building is a radio station?

It's a relay station. It's also going to be rented out for different types of events.

Quote Originally Posted by homosapian View Post
    but aint the 'western store' not really a western clothing store but where you can by horse things an western art an stuff?
    It would be great not to have to drive to teskey's

Eastland money ?