Thread: Off premise signage violates city ordinance

Off premise signage violates city ordinance

OFF PREMISE SIGNAGE VIOLATES CITY ORDINANCE
    --Political, Garage Sale, Real Estate included--

The City of Eastland has received numerous complaints in regards to illegally placed off premise signs that include political, garage sale, real estate and other types of signs. All of these signs, if placed upon city or state rights-of-way are in violation of city and state ordinances.

According to the City of Eastland Zoning Ordinance PROHIBITED SIGNS include any Off Premise signs located within the City of Eastland and all signs in public street rights-of-way, public easements, alleys, or upon any utility pole.

All signs must be removed from the public rights-of-way or they may be removed by the city or TxDOT. A public right-of-way includes the area that extends from the property line to the curb or street. The average right-of-way is 15 feet from the curb or for those without curbs, 20 feet from the edge of the street to the property line.

“This is an issue that seems to have become a real nuisance,” said Eastland Code Compliance Inspector Terry Simmons, “and we are receiving complaints weekly. We have seen boxes with garage sale signage placed at intersections in neighborhoods and along Main and Seaman streets and other signs placed on utility poles. All of these are in violation of city ordinance and we will begin enforcing this ordinance. But first we are going to allow people time to comply.”

Beginning January 1, 2013, the City of Eastland will begin fully enforcing this ordinance by removing violating signage and issuing citations. Signs may only be placed on private property and ONLY with the property owner’s permission. Signs must be removed immediately following the end of the sale or event.
    Obama did it.

Its about time.

This should provide you with job security.

Quote Originally Posted by bird52 View Post
    Its about time.
    agree

Are the ribbons on the utility poles in violation?
    Murphy was an optimist!

Being a code officer in a small, rural town like Eastland would be difficult as everyone knows each other. I commend our Code Officer for the work he is doing.

Personally, if I were a Code Officer then I would want to live in a larger city. That way people wouldn't know where you lived, what car you drove, etc.

I am sure that some of the people the Code Officer confronts about unsightly property that they can get hostile (whether to your face or otherwise). Too many crazy people .

I'm sick of the unsightly places in Eastland. We've seen lots of progress lately! Delapidated homes torn down. Eyesores cleaned up. Grass being cut. Vehicles being repaired or gotten rid of. Junk being hauled off!! Downtown being cleaned up and looking great! Now, if we could just get the owner of the old laundromat on the corner of Main and Walnut to tear it down or fix it up! That place is unsightly! It's not like he's a pauper or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by MsBizzybody View Post
    I'm sick of the unsightly places in Eastland. We've seen lots of progress lately! Delapidated homes torn down. Eyesores cleaned up. Grass being cut. Vehicles being repaired or gotten rid of. Junk being hauled off!! Downtown being cleaned up and looking great! Now, if we could just get the owner of the old laundromat on the corner of Main and Walnut to tear it down or fix it up! That place is unsightly! It's not like he's a pauper or anything!
    Shame on you! That old laundromat is where your diapers were washed.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

I was potty trained before we moved here! That's Beth's dirty dighties washed there!

ha! saw where mr code enforcement officer was out yesterday taking down all of the garage sale signs and today their back up whose gonna get a ticket monday

So much for the Republicans that run Eastland, practicing what they preach, and their lip service about smaller and less intrusive government. They seem never to find ordinances that they don't like. Bigger and bigger local government at a ever increasing cost.

They're trying to clean up the mess you liberal democrats make.

If I could get a nickel for you in a porch sale, I'd take it in a minute.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    If I could get a nickel for you in a porch sale, I'd take it in a minute.
    Liberal Democrats are too lazy to have porch sales.

Lazy or smart? There's a fine line.

Smart people are not lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot View Post
    Smart people are not lazy.
    This remind me of Obama's comments about getting ready for the debate. Just to tiring for him. Thus, he lost the debate. ROFL Bye, Bye Obama!!! Maybe you can find a job in Benghazi!