Thread: Prop 1 & 2 pass in Eastland & Cisco

Prop 1 & 2 pass in Eastland & Cisco

The City of Eastland and JP Precinct 4 voters approved Proposition 1 & 2.

Eastland - Prop 1, 604 for, and 602 against. Prop 2, 692 for, 513 against.

JP Precinct 4 which includes Cisco and Rising Star.. Prop 1, 1607 for, 1093 against. Prop 2, 1687 for, 1059 against.

I thought it was curious that the retail sales was such a closer margin than the restaurant prop. Is the thought that Chili's might come in if restaurants were allowed to sell alcohol?

Hooter's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dear God, this year please send clothes for all those poor ladies on Grandpa's computer, Amen."

I hope it comes to pass just for you, My Friend!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

With the passing of Proposition in Eastland I guess the city council will have to rewrite the city codes. According to the exsisting city codes the Public Consumption of alcohol is illegal. It would not be good to be having that glass of wine with your meal in a public place and then be given a ticket for having it.

So how long before the stores and retaurants start selling?

Quote Originally Posted by bd76 View Post
    So how long before the stores and retaurants start selling?
    I've been told 30 days after the formalities of the commissioners court and the city of Eastland then submiited to the Secrtary of States Office then on to TABC. 30 days for the chain(franchise) eateries and stores that already have filed and 45 days for the eateries and stores that are not registered with the state.

I heard Mary's is opening in Eastland and going to call the place, Mooters. They will have chicken wings and spicy calf fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    I heard Mary's is opening in Eastland and going to call the place, Mooters. They will have chicken wings and spicy calf fries.
    Shiner on tap?

Can't beat cold bach.

The problem now is the city is going to do something on the 19th and to me it seems that we will not be a wet city they have some kind of reserve votes 4 of them

The Reporter News says the contested votes were tossed but the results are still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    Shiner on tap?
    Are you a Shiner girl? I take back some of the **** I've said about you.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've still got a few Shiners with your name on them.

That is good information to have. I'll be passing through in a week or so, I may knock you up.

Hey! Some ******* blew my gong all to smithereens. It looks like Swiss cheese only with way more holes in it. If I ever score another one I guess I'll have to take it with me when not in use. I just can't have anything nice. Oh well, it still has a nice report when you hit it with stuff. Anyway, thanks again!

Enlighten me. What **** have you said? I thought that little incident was not to be discussed.

Study: People Who Live Close To Bars Drink More Heavily

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) — Drink up.

A new study finds that people who live close to a bar tend to drink more.

A group of Finnish researchers collected data from nearly 55,000 participants from 2000 to 2009. The study found that heavy and extreme drinking occurred when people lived about a half-mile away from the bar.

The Boston Globe reports that the chances a person will drink too much jumped to 17 percent living near a bar.

Conversely, the farther away a participant was from the bar, the less likely they would be heavy drinkers.

“Moving place of residence close to, or far from, a bar appears to be associated with a small corresponding increase or decrease in risky alcohol behavior,” the study states.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warn that heavy drinking can lead to liver disease and cancer.

The study appears in the journal Addiction.

Bars have nothing to do with the 2 propositions. That is a zoning and ordinance issue. #1 only beer and wine off premise carryout and #2 restaraunts.

That makes sense.

It will be interesting to see who the city gives liqueur licenses to, I bet that will be a whos who list of inside crones.

Aren't alcohol licenses issued by TABC?

Yes but local code still can require an occupancy permit issued by a city

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    It will be interesting to see who the city gives liqueur licenses to, I bet that will be a whos who list of inside crones.
    tabc gives out the permits so if they give one wont the city allow it

A liquor store is not the best business to be in. You will have no freedom to do anything.
    Your life is regulated by the State liquor laws, opening time & closing time.
    And methods of payment. You can lose it all by one simple small mistake.
    You have one day of the week of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    A liquor store is not the best business to be in. You will have no freedom to do anything.
    Your life is regulated by the State liquor laws, opening time & closing time.
    And methods of payment. You can lose it all by one simple small mistake.
    You have one day of the week of your own.
    This election didn't allow for liquor stores. Retail stores can sell beer and wine. That means that stores already in town, like Brookshires, Walmart, and the quick stops, can apply to get a license to sell beer and wine only.

The only place you would be able to purchase a drink of liquor in town would be if a restaurant gets a license to sell mixed drinks.

43 statewide local areas passed the local option election day.
    Check out the tabc website.

Well, seems all retailers have the coolers empty and awaiting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    Well, seems all retailers have the coolers empty and awaiting.
    I noticed Brookshires had empty coolers. I thought to myself, there they go again moving things around. I don't like it when they move items, then I have to look all over the place for them. I am looking forward to buying wine. I've wanted to buy wine for a long time, but never seem to remember when I go out of town shopping, which is not often.
    It's Obama's fault!

Are they getting new coolers or just kicking product out of existing coolers to make space for beer?
    Some of the "convenience" stores in my neighborhood just kicked product out to make room for beer. They essentially became kiosks for beer, cigarettes and the damned lottery. (There ought to be a law against scratching your tickets at the damned counter! You can't drink your beer on premisis, can't smoke... ban playing lottery too I say!)

Are they getting new coolers or just kicking product out of existing coolers to make space for beer?
    Some of the "convenience" stores in my neighborhood just kicked product out to make room for beer. They essentially became kiosks for beer, cigarettes and the damned lottery. (There ought to be a law against scratching your tickets at the damned counter! You can't drink your beer on premisis, can't smoke... ban playing lottery too I say!)
    Brookshires is using existing cooler space. Not sure what they did with the stuff that was in them.
    IMAG1217.jpg

The store should tell the lottery scratching customer to get the hell out of the way of the customers in line. Can't believe your wanting the government to intervene because of inconsiderate customers. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Brookshires is using existing cooler space. Not sure what they did with the stuff that was in them.
    IMAG1217.jpg

The store should tell the lottery scratching customer to get the hell out of the way of the customers in line. Can't believe your wanting the government to intervene because of inconsiderate customers. Shame on you.
    I've switched sides, government does all things better than regular people do. You should join me, it's just easier this way.

I've switched sides, government does all things better than regular people do. You should join me, it's just easier this way.
    This is a very scary episode of the twilight zone right? ; )

We fought the good fight and we lost. I'm not going to spend any more time fretting over it. Instead I plan to lay back and enjoy it, so to speak.
    We wrapped up our EBT enrollment yesterday. Now I'm off to work on my Social Security disability forms.
    I'm sure you too will come around eventually, meanwhile, are you paying your fair share in taxes?

We fought the good fight and we lost. I'm not going to spend any more time fretting over it. Instead I plan to lay back and enjoy it, so to speak.
    We wrapped up our EBT enrollment yesterday. Now I'm off to work on my Social Security disability forms.
    I'm sure you too will come around eventually, meanwhile, are you paying your fair share in taxes?
    I am sure if you ask liberals, I probably am not. But given that I don't really a ton of deductables for my income taxes, I bet a pay a lot more than my fair share.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    ..., I bet a pay a lot more than my fair share.
    Yeah... we may need to revisit that soon. What with my bigass now in the wagon, you'll need to pull just a little harder if you please.

Yeah... we may need to revisit that soon. What with my bigass now in the wagon, you'll need to pull just a little harder if you please.
    But what happens if I give up too and get the wagon with you? I'm just saying, I'm not all that big and if you really are a bigass then we have a problem cause eventually you are gonna wear me down and I 'll have to get in too. Who is left pull it? ; )

But what happens if I give up too and get the wagon with you? I'm just saying, I'm not all that big and if you really are a bigass then we have a problem cause eventually you are gonna wear me down and I 'll have to get in too. Who is left pull it? ; )
    Quote of the day...
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt
    should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and
    controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest
    Rome become bankrupt.
    People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." -

Cicero, 55 BC So, evidently we've learned nothing in the past 2,068 years.

Murphy was an optimist!

Quote of the day...
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt
    should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and
    controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest
    Rome become bankrupt.
    People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." -

Cicero, 55 BC So, evidently we've learned nothing in the past 2,068 years.

... Who is left pull it? ; )
    Silly girl, you just don't understand economics at all! When the rich and corporations start paying their fair share we can all get in the wagon. We just need to go back to what worked in the past. In the 1950's the rich happily paid 90% and everything was wonderful!