Thread: Harsh reality

Harsh reality

Lord, please help us be able to re-build the USA after four more years of this! It may backfire for a lot of people who voted for him when eventually even the government handouts won't be possible.
    Last edited by woodstock; 11-07-2012 at 04:24 AM.

I am buying rubber bands to hold mine up once the crap out of Washington starts flowing.

Eastland County voted over eighty percent for Romney? That speaks volumes.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    It sure shows just how dunb you are, nothing has rubbed off on you.

How does it feel to be an outcast?

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post

The rest of the electorate saw through the corporatist insurgency for what it is, corporate welfare.

Well, It is what it is. And, I will just have to deal with the outcome. I hope that things will turn out better in the future. At this time I just don't feel I will ever vote in a national election again. The reason is that my vote and millions of other votes didn't count. Like all of the folks in Florida that didn't have their vote counted because it was already declared that obama had won the electoral vote.

Ought to wait till the next day to count the votes.

They should have just an general election who ever wins the most votes.

That way every polotician has to answer to every state, if your a democrat you still have to worry about taking care of Texas, if your a Republican you have to worry about taking care of NY.

The original need for Electoral vote it gone, when it was started we did not have comunications like we do now.

Yup, outdated but useful it you are one of the union states.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicMan View Post
    They should have just an general election who ever wins the most votes.

That way every polotician has to answer to every state, if your a democrat you still have to worry about taking care of Texas, if your a Republican you have to worry about taking care of NY.

The original need for Electoral vote it gone, when it was started we did not have comunications like we do now.
    I have no problem with the Electoral vote. I do think the votes should come down to the districts, not awarding all the states votes to one candidate. The best thing I can say about the results of this election, we have four more years to laugh at Biden.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Well, It is what it is. And, I will just have to deal with the outcome. I hope that things will turn out better in the future. At this time I just don't feel I will ever vote in a national election again. The reason is that my vote and millions of other votes didn't count. Like all of the folks in Florida that didn't have their vote counted because it was already declared that obama had won the electoral vote.
    You mean all the people blocked from voting due to cowardly RepubliCONJOB voter suppression efforts?
    Ne obliviscaris

Why has no one mentioned the Black Panthers in Philadelphia?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by salty45 View Post
    You mean all the people blocked from voting due to cowardly RepubliCONJOB voter suppression efforts?
    What about the Dems who were caught voting who were not registered to vote?

The "Black Panthers in Philadelphia" thing was a hoax. That was a photo of an actor in a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    I work elections and can not see how that could ever happen. Propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmouth View Post
    The "Black Panthers in Philadelphia" thing was a hoax. That was a photo of an actor in a TV show.
    No it wasn't. He was interviewed. It was the same guy from last, but this time he was actually an official poll watcher.

If they weren't registered, how would you determine they were Dems? Maybe they were Republicans.

If they weren't registered, how would you determine they were Dems? Maybe they were Republicans.
    Maybe they were green party.

I think I am going to hurl.

If you are really talking to our Lord, I think he might have a frown on his face right now. I hear a lot of people talk about how bad President Obama is, but they can’t name one thing he has done that personally affected them. Well I can tell you what his policies have done that has and will effect me and my family in the future. First my grandchildren will be able to get lower interest on student loans to go to college. He took the money away from big banks and lowered the rates for student. They will be able to stay on their moms insurance, until they have a job and can buy it themselves. Their mom is a teacher and will get to keep her job. I am one the 47% and I can tell you I have worked from the time I was 15 years old and I have always paid my taxes 27%, while Mr. Romney was paying 13% and probable 0 some years. He wouldn’t show them so we don’t know. My taxes will be lower and the millionaires and billionaires will have to pay their fair share. You know as I look around here in Eastland I don’t see very many millionaires or billionaires. Why would you have a problem with them paying a little more. Also I think it is our responsibility to make sure little children don’t go to bed hungry. I feel good that we have policeman, firefighter, and nurses when we need them, even though they do not get paid enough for what they do. I could go on and on but I really don’t think it does any good. Also I was wrong about President Obama winning 7 points. 2.5 is pretty good. Just say’in.

You need to start watching funding for education. Schools the last three years (that I'm aware of) have been cutting teachers because federal and state funding continues to be cut. And according to the schools auditors, more cuts are on the way.

Schools are having to adopt deficit budgets now, and dip into any extra funds they may have to make up the difference. Funds that would normally be used to make repairs to infrastructure, buy a new bus, or update technology.

So tell me what his plan is to help get the schools more funding. That would be a start. Then we'll start on my next complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Delores Simpson View Post
    If you are really talking to our Lord, I think he might have a frown on his face right now. I hear a lot of people talk about how bad President Obama is, but they can’t name one thing he has done that personally affected them.
    I can't name one thing that Hitler did that personally effected me, does that make him a good guy?

Well I can tell you what his policies have done that has and will effect me and my family in the future. First my grandchildren will be able to get lower interest on student loans to go to college. He took the money away from big banks and lowered the rates for student.
    So, the government should be able to compete with capitalism? Not exactly a fair competition considering the government doesn't need to make a profit.

They will be able to stay on their moms insurance, until they have a job and can buy it themselves. Their mom is a teacher and will get to keep her job. I am one the 47% and I can tell you I have worked from the time I was 15 years old and I have always paid my taxes 27%,
    How can you be one of the 47% but have always paid 27%?

while Mr. Romney was paying 13% and probable 0 some years. He wouldn’t show them so we don’t know.
    You have not shown yours, so we don't know.

My taxes will be lower
    Even with the taxes of Obamacare? Just watch, everyone except the 47% that pay no taxes will see a tax increase.

and the millionaires and billionaires will have to pay their fair share.
    They don't already????

You know as I look around here in Eastland I don’t see very many millionaires or billionaires. Why would you have a problem with them paying a little more.
    Because taxing them more will make it more likely they will send jobs overseas?

Also I think it is our responsibility to make sure little children don’t go to bed hungry.
    Personally, I think their parents should be responsible for that.

I feel good that we have policeman, firefighter, and nurses when we need them,
    The last time I checked, policemen, firefighters, teachers, and nurses were not Federal Government employees. Correct me if I'm wron, but they are employees of city, county and state governments. Nurses are employees of hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies...Some are government run, but most are private industry.

even though they do not get paid enough for what they do. I could go on and on but I really don’t think it does any good. Also I was wrong about President Obama winning 7 points. 2.5 is pretty good. Just say’in.
    Just say'in.
    Last edited by Dave; 11-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    You need to start watching funding for education. Schools the last three years (that I'm aware of) have been cutting teachers because federal and state funding continues to be cut.
    What are the percentages of federal and state funding? How much have each been cut. It is my understand the federal funding is less than 10%, with almost 90% of that funding being dedicated to social programs...(free breakfast, free lunch, free condoms)

The constitution does not place the federal government over education. They took that role and force schools to do things their way, or lose federal funding, which basically does nothing except cover part of the expenses on things they mandate. Get the federal government out of education if you want to see an improvement.

If you are really talking to our Lord, I think he might have a frown on his face right now. I hear a lot of people talk about how bad President Obama is, but they can’t name one thing he has done that personally affected them. Well I can tell you what his policies have done that has and will effect me and my family in the future. First my grandchildren will be able to get lower interest on student loans to go to college. He took the money away from big banks and lowered the rates for student. They will be able to stay on their moms insurance, until they have a job and can buy it themselves. Their mom is a teacher and will get to keep her job. I am one the 47% and I can tell you I have worked from the time I was 15 years old and I have always paid my taxes 27%, while Mr. Romney was paying 13% and probable 0 some years. He wouldn’t show them so we don’t know. My taxes will be lower and the millionaires and billionaires will have to pay their fair share. You know as I look around here in Eastland I don’t see very many millionaires or billionaires. Why would you have a problem with them paying a little more. Also I think it is our responsibility to make sure little children don’t go to bed hungry. I feel good that we have policeman, firefighter, and nurses when we need them, even though they do not get paid enough for what they do. I could go on and on but I really don’t think it does any good. Also I was wrong about President Obama winning 7 points. 2.5 is pretty good. Just say’in.
    I know you mean well, but take long look at what you have stated.

First I do not believe my God is a happy camper right now with the Democrat party that kicked him out. And then re-instated God & Faith with a crooked vote.
    The Church people I know have a hard time with this.

Do you have to be personally insulted to realize he is no good? What about the men he abandoned in Benghazi & left to die?

What about the insults to this Country? Bowing to foreign kings? Insulting our friends?
    Has anything hurt your pride?

Opening up welfare to anyone that don't like to work? This has been going on for a long time in this area. No self respecting doctor will give a SS physical exam for SSI, it is nothing but a racket for the blacks in this area.
    Have you ever tried to eat out at a Lubys or Furrs cafeteria? It is a long line of middle age blacks all day long. Dallas County went for Obama big time here.
    The FBI Dallas office has a full office trying to keep the crooked black Dallas politicians in check.

Don't get me started on low interest rates, lower then over 300 years. There goes your retirees funds with no interest rates, no pensions. What will take its place? Nothing.

By the way he did not take any money from the big banks They simply printed more money. Your grandkids will never get to leave home at this rate. Guess who will pay for this idiots spending yours & my grandchildren.

By the way Romney gives more to charity then Obama paid in taxes. You need to quit believing what dirty Harry Reid said.

I just love how you want me to provide you with research when you never do the same for me. It's that double standard thing you Dems always pull.

Any way...

here's the story

You are correct, in that it does not say dems. I should not have jumped to that conclusion. It was just after the story about election judges showing up wearing Obama hats...

...in Ohio that two precinct election judges were removed by Hamilton County Director of elections for allowing unregistered voters to cast ballots.
    According to the individuals, one of those precinct election judges was removed as an election judge at Precinct 13d, located at the Pentecostal Church in Cincinnati. People who were not registered were allowed to illegally "same day register," meaning they were told to sign the voter book, after which they were given a regular ballot, not a provisional ballot. These people then voted and it was machine counted.
    Observers did not know the exact number who were allowed to vote illegally but were told it was several dozen. The Romney/Ryan poll observer protested about the illegal activities at the site and was ignored.
    The Romney/Ryan poll observer then reported the violations to the Hamilton County Board of Elections, which, apparently, had received several reports of similar violations from other polling locations. Subsequently, the aforementioned individual was removed as an election judge.

I just love how you want me to provide you with research when you never do the same for me. It's that double standard thing you Dems always pull.

Any way...
    A story from Breitbart "news", based on mysterious, unnamed sources. Meaning it is a load of crap.

I am one the 47% and I can tell you I have worked from the time I was 15 years old and I have always paid my taxes 27%, My taxes will be lower and the millionaires and billionaires will have to pay their fair share. You know as I look around here in Eastland I don’t see very many millionaires or billionaires. Why would you have a problem with them paying a little more.
    Amen! I don't get why people in this county don't want rich people to pay more so that their own tax burden is less. It boggles the mind.
    If you support the Republicans for other reasons that's fine... that's great if that works for you. But at least be honest and admit that 98% of the people in this county are going to pay LESS in taxes because they are going to stop carrying the WEALTHY freeloaders on their backs. OH and they'll have health insurance too.

By the way Romney gives more to charity then Obama paid in taxes. You need to quit believing what dirty Harry Reid said.
    That's because Romney made over 13 million dollars in 2011 and the Obamas made $789k. That's a pretty big difference in income so OF COURSE Romney had more money to give.

That's because Romney made over 13 million dollars in 2011 and the Obamas made $789k. That's a pretty big difference in income so OF COURSE Romney had more money to give.
    At least he gave.

Just so there is no doubt about anything.
    http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4497

Just so there is no doubt about anything.
    http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4497
    Doubt about what? A bunch of crazy college kids being stupid? Isn't that normal? What is your point?

Doubt about what? A bunch of crazy college kids being stupid? Isn't that normal? What is your point?
    That is my point, and you are not?

Amen! I don't get why people in this county don't want rich people to pay more so that their own tax burden is less. It boggles the mind.
    God, guns, abortion, and marriage are a front to lure voters. Their only true love is money.
    The Republican strategy is three tiered:

1. Lower taxes for the wealthy. The rest of us get to pay their taxes for them.

2. Tax abatements and corporate welfare for large companies. Again, the poor and middle class are footing the bills for those who can easily afford to pay their share.

3. Local economic development projects that take money from poor and middle class consumers in the form of the economic development sales tax. We all get to buy land and buildings for people who should be paying their own way. The perfect example is tossing twenty thousand dollars are the new chicken place, a large chain that should pay their own expenses.

If ever there was a socialistic program from the bowels of the USSR, this is it, and this cash cow for Republicans enables them to reach deep into everyone's pocket, while they complain the loudest about tossing crumbs to those who are less fortunate.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 11-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.

If God is not a happy camper right now it could be pleased with his children demeaning each other because they may have different beliefs,politics .There are a lot of people in Eastland county who are on disability and on ssi and they are not black.Things happen to good hard working people who become disabled and ill.That has been the case hgere several times.Also this is 2012why shouldnt anyone eat at Lubys or Furrs no matter what they look like.Why should one not listen to Harry Reid but it is ok to listen to the speaker of the house.I thought the election was a clear message that this is a very diverse country and they have rights also.People should be able to disagree without being told by someone who thinks differently that they are wrong.Our children and grandchildren should learn that sometimes we dont get what we want but need to learn to compromise.

Some time ago, I stated I had been developing a solution to solve any future water shortages at Lake Leon...if the President was reelected. We never would have had to worry about a shortage again, and been a technological capital of the state.
    However, since the voters in this county only gave 15% of their vote to the President, I have decided not to share with Republicans, and am withdrawing. I will go take my work to the grave unless things change in the future. It is not for sale at any price.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 11-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.

too bad we weren't the United States of American, we'd have a future as a Country.
    Official Village Idiot

Let me tell you where Obama has personally hurt me:

Cost Of Living Has Increased Under Obama

Health Care Premiums: Under Obama, The Average Cost Of Family Health Care Premiums Have Increased From $12,680 To $15,073. (“Employer Health Benefits, 2011 Annual Survey, Exhibit 1.11″ Kaiser Family Foundation, 2011)
    Gas Prices: Since Obama Took Office, The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Has Increased From $1.847 To $3.776. (“Gasoline And Diesel Fuel Update,” U.S. Energy And Information Administration, Accessed 8/27/12)
    Food Prices:Since Obama Became President, The Monthly Price Of A Moderate-Cost Food Plan For A Family Of Four With Young Children Has Increased From $819.40 To $861.60. (“Official USDA Food Plans: Cost Of Food At Home At Four Levels, U.S. Average, January 2009,” USDA , 2/09; “Official USDA Food Plans: Cost Of Food At Home At Four Levels, U.S. Average, June 2012,” USDA, 7/12)
    College Tuition: Since President Obama Took Office, The Average Cost Of In-State Tuition At A Four Year College Has Risen From $6,585 To $8,244, A 25 Percent Increase. (“Trends In College Pricing 2009,” College Board, 2008; “Trends In College Pricing 2011,” College Board, 2011)

• The Cost Of College Is Currently At “An All Time High.” “Nationally, the cost of a full credit load has passed $8,000, an all-time high. Throw in room and board, and the average list price for a state school now runs more than $17,000 a year, according to the twin annual reports on college costs and student aid published Wednesday by the College Board.” (Justin Pope, “College Prices Up Again As States Slash Budgets,” The Associated Press, 10/26/11)

1. Net Worth: “The Net Worth Of The American Family Has Fallen To Its Lowest Level In Two Decades.” (Ylan Q. Mui, “Fed: Americans’ Wealth Dropped 40 Percent,” The Washington Post , 6/11/12)
    2. Median Household Income: “Real Median Household Income In March Was Down $4,300 Since Obama Took Office In January 2009 …” (Mike Dorning, “Obama Fails To Stem Middle-Class Slide He Blamed On Bush,” Bloomberg, 4/30/12)

1. John Coder, Previous Director Of The Census Bureau’s Income And Poverty Program, Says “Almost Every Group Is Worse Off Than It Was Three Years Ago.” “‘Almost every group is worse off than it was three years ago, and some groups had very large declines in income,’ Green, who previously directed work on the Census Bureau’s income and poverty statistics program, said in a phone interview today.” (Jeff Kearns, “U.S. Incomes Fell More In Recovery, Sentier Says,” Bloomberg, 8/23/12)

3. Savings: 23.4 Percent Of Families Have No Savings At All, Up From 18.5 Percent In 2009. (Christine Dugas, “Recession Added Debt, Drained Families’ Savings,”USA Today, 5/12/12)
    4. Government Assistance: “49.1%: Percent Of The Population That Lives In A Household Where At Least One Member Received Some Type Of Government Benefit In The First Quarter Of 2011.” (Phil Izzo, “Number Of The Week: Half Of U.S. Lives In Household Getting Benefits,” The Wall Street Journal’s “Real Time Economics,” 5/26/12)
    5. Food Stamps: Since President Obama Took Office, The Number Of Americans Receiving Food Stamps Has Increased From 31.9 Million To 46.5 Million, A 45 Percent Increase. (Department Of Agriculture, 7/26/12)
    6. Poverty: 97.3 Million Americans Now Qualify As Low-Income And Another 49.1 Million Are In Poverty; Together, 146.4 Million Americans Or 48 Percent Of The Population. That’s up by 4 million from 2009, the earliest numbers for the newly developed poverty measure.” (Hope Yen, “Census Shows 1 In 2 People Are Poor Or Low-Income,” The Associated Press, 12/15/11)

I've seen a substantial increase in cost for each of my utility bills.
    Last edited by Visionary; 11-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.

I don't doubt your statistics, but what I can't understand is how you think a President, any President, has anything to do with the price of anything. We are a free market economy the last I knew. And besides that, the Prez doesn't make laws, he just signs or vetoes them. It's Congress that does that.
    I'm also relatively sure that Obama didn't jack up the rates on your cable or electric bills.

I don't doubt your statistics, but what I can't understand is how you think a President, any President, has anything to do with the price of anything. We are a free market economy the last I knew. And besides that, the Prez doesn't make laws, he just signs or vetoes them. It's Congress that does that.
    I'm also relatively sure that Obama didn't jack up the rates on your cable or electric bills.
    Mmm...logic, I'm liking it. Got more?

How many "executive orders" has he instituted, by-passing congress, that have affected the populace? I, personally, have been affected by his bail-out of the banks!

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    How many "executive orders" has he instituted, by-passing congress, that have affected the populace? I, personally, have been affected by his bail-out of the banks!
    Neo-con fiction says President Obama has issued 900 orders. Reality says 139.

That is far too many!

One of the more mysterious areas of the economy is the role of the Fed. Formally known as the Federal Reserve, the Fed is the gatekeeper of the U.S. economy. It is the central bank of the United States -- it is the bank of banks and the bank of the U.S. government. The Fed regulates financial institutions, manages the nation's money and influences the economy. By raising and lowering interest rates, creating money and using a few other tricks, the Fed can either stimulate or slow down the economy.

Do you trust your government?

I seem to recall that it was some of these parasitic bankers and Wall Street con-artists who helped to get us in this economic disaster to begin with... The founders warned us many times not to allow them this power but we were out smarted and conned into it.
    Last edited by Visionary; 11-09-2012 at 10:49 PM.

That is the story the Republicans would like us to believe. The Bush era Republicans handed out tax cuts but failed to match those with spending cuts. If they had left Clinton's work alone, we never would have had the recession. Our taxes would have been much lower since there would have been less interest on the debt, the dollar would buy what is used to, and the rest of the world would have had their economic boom uninterrupted. The Republican policies caused the whole world's economies to collapse, wasting the entire eight Bush years just as I am wasting my time explaining this.

The EPA is doing it for him, by his war on carbons. Shutting down the coal industry. Stopping oil drilling in Public lands. Shutting down the Keystone pipeline.

What I don't understand is how you ever got the right to vote.

That is the story the Republicans would like us to believe. The Bush era Republicans handed out tax cuts but failed to match those with spending cuts. If they had left Clinton's work alone, we never would have had the recession. Our taxes would have been much lower since there would have been less interest on the debt, the dollar would buy what is used to, and the rest of the world would have had their economic boom uninterrupted. The Republican policies caused the whole world's economies to collapse, wasting the entire eight Bush years just as I am wasting my time explaining this.
    You should have quit before you showed your stupidty.
    What about Obamas naive leadership?
    Do you think it had anything to do with our fiscal cliff?

Cliff

Posted on November 10, 2012 by Conservative Byte

12 1 2

Read more: http://conservativebyte.com/2012/11/...#ixzz2BpXAyVo7

The EPA is doing it for him, by his war on carbons. Shutting down the coal industry. Stopping oil drilling in Public lands. Shutting down the Keystone pipeline.

What I don't understand is how you ever got the right to vote.

Coal industry shutdown: complete fabrication.
    Public lands drilling: He only vacated contracts for drilling that had been sitting dormant for years, offering them to companies who could start right away.
    Keystone pipeline: private property issues and nothing more.

I don't understand why you keep pimping yourself out to the corporate propaganda machine.

Coal industry shutdown: complete fabrication.
    Public lands drilling: He only vacated contracts for drilling that had been sitting dormant for years, offering them to companies who could start right away.
    Keystone pipeline: private property issues and nothing more.

I don't understand why you keep pimping yourself out to the corporate propaganda machine.
    This has to be the dumbest post I have ever read.

Did you feel dumb when you read it? I don't blame you.

Did you feel dumb when you read it? I don't blame you.
    Outright lies and now you believe it. Dumb & dumber

The Republicans as a party are dieing, in four years if they keep the same leadership and direction they will lose again.

In 4 years with the Obama administration and democrats in power...we will be lucky to still be called the United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    The Republicans as a party are dieing, in four years if they keep the same leadership and direction they will lose again.
    You have it wrong, it shows just how weak we are as responsible voters doing what is best for this Country.

You have it wrong, it shows just how weak we are as responsible voters doing what is best for this Country.
    What is best for the country needs to be what is best for everybody, not just the money worshipers or the religious zealots, which are often one in the same. Forty years of unhinged corporate welfare have brought us to the edge of ruin, time for new ideas. Prosperity Gospel, Corporate Theology and Fundamentalist Ultra-nationalism are just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    If God is not a happy camper right now it could be pleased with his children demeaning each other because they may have different beliefs,politics .There are a lot of people in Eastland county who are on disability and on ssi and they are not black.Things happen to good hard working people who become disabled and ill.That has been the case hgere several times.Also this is 2012why shouldnt anyone eat at Lubys or Furrs no matter what they look like.Why should one not listen to Harry Reid but it is ok to listen to the speaker of the house.I thought the election was a clear message that this is a very diverse country and they have rights also.People should be able to disagree without being told by someone who thinks differently that they are wrong.Our children and grandchildren should learn that sometimes we dont get what we want but need to learn to compromise.
    . I'll listen to Harry Reid when he produces his tax returns. And says something worth listening too
    Never a stranger in Ranger! and I DO NOT SUPPORT gay rights

What is best for the country needs to be what is best for everybody, not just the money worshipers or the religious zealots, which are often one in the same. Forty years of unhinged corporate welfare have brought us to the edge of ruin, time for new ideas. Prosperity Gospel, Corporate Theology and Fundamentalist Ultra-nationalism are just not working.
    You do not have any new Ideas, what is coming down the pike is slavery to socialism.

You do not have any new Ideas, what is coming down the pike is slavery to socialism.
    So..slavery to failed corporate interests is somehow better?

So..slavery to failed corporate interests is somehow better?
    Right out of the communist doctrine, you fool.
    The only failed interest is Obama.