Thread: WTG Eastland

WTG Eastland

Congrats on getting the new plastics recycling plant and the creation of new jobs :-)
    Official Village Idiot

where will it be located??

carpetbaggers
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

How old are you?

My imaginary friend thinks you have some serious problems.

Quote Originally Posted by charitabee View Post
    How old are you?
    "As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth."

Let's hope this deal falls through and their plastic burning furnace doesn't cover the town with the stench of toxic burning plastic chemicals, such as we had from the hospital at one time.
    Seventy five more jobs means 300 more residents pulling from our lake, watering, flushing, washing cars and lawns. What would the lake have looked like summer before last with 300 more residents? Future plans are for 235 more workers, and based on a four person household, that means 940 more people pulling from the lake. In light of the mud which came from our faucets in 2011, the residents of Eastland, Ranger, and other small towns along with the rural water customers who depend on water from Lake Leon should be very concerned. There is nothing to cheer about.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-12-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post

Let's hope this deal falls through and their plastic burning furnace doesn't cover the town with the stench of toxic burning plastic chemicals, such as we had from the hospital at one time.
    Seventy five more jobs means 300 more residents pulling from our lake, watering, flushing, washing cars and lawns. What would the lake have looked like summer before last with 300 more residents? Future plans are for 235 more workers, and based on a four person household, that means 940 more people pulling from the lake. In light of the mud which came from our faucets in 2011, the residents of Eastland, Ranger, and other small towns along with the rural water customers who depend on water from Lake Leon should be very concerned. There is nothing to cheer about.
    Wrong on every point.

Mutha, your the angel of doom.

So you don't think we have any people that already live in Eastland or the surrounding areas, that will work at this plant?

Our employers are all hiring. We don't have the people for the businesses already here. No one here is waiting for a plastics job.
    The day will come when more water is pulled from the lake than is renewed by our rainfall. That day has already come for Brownwood, which is recycling their treated sewage back into the town's water pipes.
    The Eastland Economic Development is digging your graves and doing it with the money you paid on economic development sales taxes at Wal Mart. The repeal of this should have been on the November ballot.

Our employers are all hiring. We don't have the people for the businesses already here. No one here is waiting for a plastics job.
    The day will come when more water is pulled from the lake than is renewed by our rainfall. That day has already come for Brownwood, which is recycling their treated sewage back into the town's water pipes.
    The Eastland Economic Development is digging your graves and doing it with the money you paid on economic development sales taxes at Wal Mart. The repeal of this should have been on the November ballot.
    Wrong again. Keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by pull this View Post
    Wrong again. Keep trying

frickin muthas been screeming this crap about the econimcs development boards of cisco and eastland for years now thankgod nobodys listening

Its not that we don't have enough people here to fill the positions. Its that the people here that "need a job" think they are "too good" for the positions available. Also, the government pays them more money to sit at home on their butts than they would make at some of these jobs.
    Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. ~~~Mark Twain

Or maybe they can't pass a drug test!

Quote Originally Posted by pull this View Post
    Wrong again. Keep trying
    Quote Originally Posted by homosapian View Post
    frickin muthas been screeming this crap about the econimcs development boards of cisco and eastland for years now thankgod nobodys listening
    The numbers don't lie. Go back and look at the lake level data for Leon to see how fast it dropped during the summer of 2011. If not for the five inch rain in October, it would have been bone dry six months later. You may have noticed we still aren't getting much rain lately. The muddy water that came from our faucets that summer should be a sufficient hint to the wise.
    Have you driven out to the lake to see for yourself? Drive over to Lake Cisco and see if you think they should place more demand on their water supply.
    My hope is that we may continue to have abundant water for those who live here presently. Luring more people in will jeopardize the security we now enjoy. The solution is for the voters to vote down the economic development sales tax and eliminate the economic development boards.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-13-2012 at 12:06 PM.

If we would put up some toll gates on I-20, charge a dollar a car, two bucks for water at the local stops for water to drink maybe we could come out on this deal. Or act like grown ups and embrace change and industrial growth. We will find sufficient water supply one way or another.

MM, nobody cares what you think. Boil your water if you don't like it muddy.
    Vote YES for economic development sales tax. It taxes economic development and that's a good thing.

Boom! I did it. 1000 posts!
    Care about everything, worry about nothing.

Embracing change, welcoming new people to the communities of Eastland County and excited about growth?

You are the perfect example of why I've fought so hard for over 6 years now to simply be accepted and fit in here. Yes, I'm an outsider, not born here but chose to retire here and bring my skills to the community to help any way I could. No matter how positive and excited I've been about things there have always been you, the MM's of Eastland County, to more or less tell me to get the hell outta here, that I'm not from here and don't belong here and go home.

Well I love Economic growth and worked many years under Ann Richards and Mark White's administrations for not only local development where I lived at the time, but for the entire State. So get over it MM and the other MM's out there, I AM HOME now, ain't going anywhere, and will continue to get excited when I see new faces in the community, new jobs being created, new homes going up, new playgrounds for the children they will either have here or bring with them. Nothing excites me more than Economic growth spurring the growth of quality of life for any communities, especially my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    We will find sufficient water supply one way or another.
    No we won't. Eastland explored the possbility of bringing Possum Kingdom water here through an old Sun pipeline, and now I will save them some time and money.

Abilene has realized their own economic development coupled with our area's diminishing rainfall, has caused their water supply to be oversold because they didn't apply the brakes soon enough.

Abilene recently announced they are moving ahead with plans for a new reservoir to supply the city with additional water. It will capture Brazos water near Throckmorton. Unfortunately, this huge lake will have to fill and run over before Possum Kingdom will catch.
    Abilene's economic development will spell the end for Lake Possum Kingdom and the people who depend on that water, as well as Lake Granbury which is downstream. The huge powerplant on Lake Granbury also depends on that lake's water to operate, and is the same powerplant that sends electricity to Eastland...so that is what economic development and greed will accomplish. What goes around comes around.

Economic development is the exact same thing as high schools offering money, homes, and new cars to star athletes and their families to move to their town and play on their teams. Attempts at manipulation always seem to go awry.

We should ask ourselves why a company from Minnesota would want to move so far away to Eastland, Texas?
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.

... The solution is for the voters to vote down the economic development sales tax and eliminate the economic development boards.
    The solution is to repeal the law of physics that governs evaporation. When the lake level drops an average 1/4" per day just due to evaporation, all your crying about economic development pales to insignificance. The numbers don't lie.

We should ask ourselves why a company from Minnesota would want to move so far away to Eastland, Texas?
    Don't they currently operate a plant in Austin?

No we won't. Eastland explored the possbility of bringing Possum Kingdom water here through an old Sun pipeline, and now I will save them some time and money.

Abilene has realized their own economic development coupled with our area's diminishing rainfall, has caused their water supply to be oversold because they didn't apply the brakes soon enough.

Abilene recently announced they are moving ahead with plans for a new reservoir to supply the city with additional water. It will capture Brazos water near Throckmorton. Unfortunately, this huge lake will have to fill and run over before Possum Kingdom will catch.
    Abilene's economic development will spell the end for Lake Possum Kingdom and the people who depend on that water, as well as Lake Granbury which is downstream. The huge powerplant on Lake Granbury also depends on that lake's water to operate, and is the same powerplant that sends electricity to Eastland...so that is what economic development and greed will accomplish. What goes around comes around.

Economic development is the exact same thing as high schools offering money, homes, and new cars to star athletes and their families to move to their town and play on their teams. Attempts at manipulation always seem to go awry.

Wrong again on all points--You have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by rme View Post
    Don't they currently operate a plant in Austin?
    Yes, and we should ask ourselves why a company from Minnesota would want to move so far away to Austin, Texas?

Texas, led by a governor fond of wrangling with federal authorities, issues air permits to these companies without EPA approval. There are lawsuits, so if the EPA prevails and these companies pack up and leave because the EPA refused approval on an air permit, Eastland loses their investment. Abilene has lost millions of dollars on fly by night carpetbaggers.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-13-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Yes, and we should ask ourselves why a company from Minnesota would want to move so far away to Austin, Texas?.
    From what I'm finding, it doesn't appear that anyone has "moved". Cycled Plastics was in Austin doing the recycle thing and was bought by Minnetonka, Minn based Hypertension Diagnostics Inc. They were a medical device company. They decided the recycling business was a growing industry so they funneled capital to the recycle business. Changed the name of Cycled Plastics to HDi Plastics. http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/pr....html?page=all

They sound like a bunch of capitalists funding the American dream, how could they be so cruel? And, I bet they drink water.

What cities around Eastland are doing recycling? It may be just a simple thing of being where the resources are.
    Recycled trash plastics require high volume trailers to transport for such a low value product. Much like saw dust or wood chips.

Brownwood has a plastic pipe mfg. or it used to. But they used a raw product made by Phillips Oil.
    As far as Minn. the state has quite a few of first rate plastic pipe mfg. Used by Cities and farm irrigation.

In a normal rainfall year I don't believe Possom Kingdom would run short of water if they built another dam around Throckmorton. That old aging concrete dam could use some stress relief, they have been repairing the dam for 30 years now.
    Not to worry anyone, but you know when will they catch up?

MM, have you become a member of the "Party of NO"???

Yes Cecil. But it is spelled know.

MM, you butt heads with everyone too much for anyone to take you seriously. As politically aware as you are, some might think you'd know how to campaign by now. No one will buy into your wacko theories with your negative attitude.

It's actually spelled knowitall.

There will be no campaigning. If I compromise to meet someone halfway, they I am only half right.
    My reward will be well deserved gloating and finger pointing in a few years when Lake Leon fails to provide, just as at the end of 2008 when Bush's borrowing spree caved in. You'd think after eight years everyone could figure it out. I'm not begging anyone to stop and think.
    Did you say you are in Ft. Worth?

10 Biggest American Cities Running Out of Water

6. Fort Worth, Texas

Major Water Supply: multiple Population (U.S. rank): 727,577 (17th)
    Population Growth Rate: 36.1 percent since 2000
    Average annual rainfall: 34.01 inches

As Fort Worth continues to grow (its population is expected to hit 4.3 million by 2060), the amount of water demand has continued to exceed the amount of water available through local supply. As a result, the city, which is in Tarrant County, must rely on storage water, making the system much more exposed to the worst effects of prolonged drought. To remedy this problem, the Tarrant Regional Water District is trying to bring in more water from Oklahoma’s Red River. Oklahoma, wishing to preserve its water sources, limits interstate water sales. Fort Worth has countered with a lawsuit, which is pending in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
    http://247wallst.com/2010/10/29/the-...ing-of-thirst/
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rme View Post
    The solution is to repeal the law of physics that governs evaporation. When the lake level drops an average 1/4" per day just due to evaporation, all your crying about economic development pales to insignificance. The numbers don't lie.
    Yes rme, evaporation also takes it's large share of water from the lake. Evaporation is beyond our control, but we can control what we take from the lake by limiting end users. That is our only option since other water sources are beyond our reach and the underground reserves are insufficient.
    Are you trying to say, as the result of economic development, that the water used from the lake by a thousand new users would be insignificant?
    If that were true, local water restrictions would serve no purpose. May as well let it run down the street.

We have a good water supply for those who are here. Bringing hundreds of new people will further burden the lake and take water from those who already live here. Economic development should be outlawed on the federal, state, and local levels.
    Last edited by MiraculousMutha; 12-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Yes rme, evaporation also takes it's large share of water from the lake. Evaporation is beyond our control, but we can control what we take from the lake by limiting end users. That is our only option since other water sources are beyond our reach and the underground reserves are insufficient.
    Are you trying to say, as the result of economic development, that the water used from the lake by a thousand new users would be insignificant?
    If that were true, local water restrictions would serve no purpose. May as well let it run down the street.

We have a good water supply for those who are here. Bringing hundreds of new people will further burden the lake and take water from those who already live here. Economic development should be outlawed on the federal, state, and local levels.
    You simply suck all the air out of a room and leave everyone just shaking their heads...........................

Very well put, V.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

You didn't like it when you were told there was no Santa Claus either. What possible good could come from this truth?
    It is my vision that we will always live in a bountiful place with the freedom to water our lawns, wash our cars, and bathe at our own discretion without water restrictions. We will never be able to do that with the Eastland Economic Development working to rush hundreds of new residents in on us. It is always better to stop when you are still ahead. The first serious warning was in the summer of 2011 when the lake became so low we had muddy brown water coming from our faucets. People's white clothes turned brown after being washed in the muddy water.

Solution: Ten percent of the voters will have to sign a petition to place the repeal of the economic development tax on a ballot at election time.

...Solution: Ten percent of the voters will have to sign a petition to place the repeal of the economic development tax on a ballot at election time.
    Awww, M & M, surely you jest! You really think repeal of that tax will solve the drought problem? I remember a time when we didn't even have sales taxes but we still had droughts.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

The Sky Is Falling!!!!

Oops, I mean....

The Lake Is Drying Up!!!
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

Oh my! Does this mean I am going to die of thirst?
    Fort Worth is doomed. We need a good disease to knock off about half the population so we can live.
    I don't know what to do with this information...do I worry?
    What's your point?
    I think you just need to lighten up, Francis.

You, and others, should consider installing rain gutters and a water storage tank.

There is no Santa Claus??????

Quote Originally Posted by VMoody View Post
    No matter how positive and excited I've been about things there have always been you, the MM's of Eastland County, to more or less tell me to get the hell outta here, that I'm not from here and don't belong here and go home.
    It isn't fair for Cisco and Eastland to hog all the water away from others who don't live inside those towns.
    Didn't have anything to do with you Virginia, just because you started this thread.

those wilks lakes over at cisco are hoggin the water for lake leon

Yeeeehaaaaw for the new business in Eastland county. I may have to leave my big city job & come back home. I'll be sure to pack my own water, mm.

We will have something better than water soon. It should have already been on the shelves by now.

Gatorade?

Quote Originally Posted by Gearldean View Post
    Awww, M & M, surely you jest! You really think repeal of that tax will solve the drought problem? I remember a time when we didn't even have sales taxes but we still had droughts.
    What drought? We are only an inch behind for the year. The problem is when it does rain, there is seldom runoff water to reach the lakes. With the exception of 2007, this is a trend that will spell the end for us. Have you nailed up some gutters yet?

Quote Originally Posted by homosapian View Post
    those wilks lakes over at cisco are hoggin the water for lake leon
    They drilled water wells and are depleting the underground reserves to keep the large ponds full.

Doomsday Prepper

What drought? We are only an inch behind for the year. The problem is when it does rain, there is seldom runoff water to reach the lakes. With the exception of 2007, this is a trend that will spell the end for us. Have you nailed up some gutters yet?...
    Droughts come & droughts go. I try my best to avoid gutters, M & M.

They drilled water wells and are depleting the underground reserves to keep the large ponds full.
    It is for the shrubs and flowers.