Thread: Its here were going to hell

Its here were going to hell

beer is on the shelfs in eastland now at the minit mart on east main guess were all going to hell says the bible thumpers

Quote Originally Posted by homosapian View Post
    beer is on the shelfs in eastland now at the minit mart on east main guess were all going to hell says the bible thumpers
    Shades of ole Mingus, but without the glory & romance of Wops, Poles, Irish and Germans.
    It will never work, it has no heart.
    You need a few honky tonks & ladies of the night for a starter.

What's that giant sucking sound?

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

why the insistance in using derogatory references mingus?

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    why the insistance in using derogatory references mingus?
    What is wrong now? All of my children are Welch, Irish, French, Pole, German and most of my favorite kin folks are Wops. My wife is Pennsylvania Dutch & German.
    With 6 Mexican grandsons, at my age I have earned the right to call a spade a spade.

304108_537970472888614_54850837_n.jpg

lol
    - a little sarcasm, a little truth, - you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    What is wrong now? All of my children are Welch, Irish, French, Pole, German and most of my favorite kin folks are Wops. My wife is Pennsylvania Dutch & German.
    With 6 Mexican grandsons, at my age I have earned the right to call a spade a spade.
    Ne obliviscaris

Pissant, I am not a Republican.

Pissant, I am not a Republican.
    Well, there's the problem.
    Care about everything, worry about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gfy_goofy View Post
    Well, there's the problem.
    Where have you been boy? Out doing community service?

Where have you been boy? Out doing community service?
    That's some more of your business, Gladys.

That's some more of your business, Gladys.
    OK, then get out of this post. It has nothing to do with your personal agenda Boy.

OK, then get out of this post. It has nothing to do with your personal agenda Boy.
    Actually, what this post has nothing to do with is...your 6 mexican grandsons and your favorite kinfolk and all your irish wives and german kids. Sounds like a big mess to me.
    Last edited by gfy_goofy; 01-16-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Actually, what this post has nothing to do with is...your 6 mexican grandsons and your favorite kinfolk and all your irish wives and german kids. Sounds like a big mess to me.
    Makes your head hurt? Good.

Was told by a local business owner that they can't have signs for the sale of beer and wine. They were told to take their signs down. No neon beer signs etc. What's up with that?

Its here were going to hell

TABC regulates outside signage for locations that sell beer and wine.

Was told by a local business owner that they can't have signs for the sale of beer and wine. They were told to take their signs down. No neon beer signs etc. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    TABC regulates outside signage for locations that sell beer and wine.
    There goes my idea of a new sign shop in Eastland specializing in neon beer signs. That's lost tax revenue.... sigh

Actually the city is just giving them a hard time. New ordinance says they cant have beer signs within 5' of the store front. They have to get an engineer to come in and say that their ceilings will hold the signs if they want to hang them from ceiling 5' back.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Actually the city is just giving them a hard time. New ordinance says they cant have beer signs within 5' of the store front. They have to get an engineer to come in and say that their ceilings will hold the signs if they want to hang them from ceiling 5' back.

tabc says the 5' not the city and one store had about 5 signs hangin in a row from their ceiling bet they way a lot might pull the ceilin down and hit some drunk on the head

Okay. No yard signs but the locale had the neon signs displayed inside the establishment.

Okay. No yard signs but the locale had the neon signs displayed inside the establishment.
    All good.

Has anyone heard about some local churches planning bake sales in front of the stores that sell beer, then chastising patrons who leave the store with booze?
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Has anyone heard about some local churches planning bake sales in front of the stores that sell beer, then chastising patrons who leave the store with booze?
    nope. poor attempt!!

They could sell beer nuts.

That would be more in your line of work. What church pays the best?

Westboro Baptist

Westboro Baptist

talk about beer nuts!

Looks like the convenience store in Rising Star did a little remodeling so they would meet the requirements of distance from a church. They moved their front door over 10' so they would be over 300' from the front door of the Church of Christ across the street. Before the remodel they were 298' ft door to door.

A local resident saw it as a disregard for religion. I see it as the only local business that could sell beer setting it up so they are compliant.

The written part of this story failed to say where the store was located. You have to listen to the first of the video portion to hear that it's Rising Star.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=565712

I have not, but sounds like a lousy outreach program.

Rising Star's city council passed a city ordinance after the election in an attempt to prevent the sale of booze in the city by targeting the town's only convenience store. Not sure how their city ordinance differs from the TABC's 300' rule.
    Maybe they should concentrate on the rampant local methamphetamine problem.
    This store is west of the red light.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=558722

Re: Its here were going to hell

Rising Star's city council passed a city ordinance after the election in an attempt to prevent the sale of booze in the city by targeting the town's only convenience store. Not sure how their city ordinance differs from the TABC's 300' rule.

I read the article and it led me to wonder why seeing someone carrying beer out of a store is particularly offensive if you are coming out of a church. If the store was a block away and the church goer was driving past it on the way home from church when he saw the guy carrying beer out of the store, would that be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Looks like the convenience store in Rising Star did a little remodeling so they would meet the requirements of distance from a church. They moved their front door over 10' so they would be over 300' from the front door of the Church of Christ across the street. Before the remodel they were 298' ft door to door.

A local resident saw it as a disregard for religion. I see it as the only local business that could sell beer setting it up so they are compliant.

The written part of this story failed to say where the store was located. You have to listen to the first of the video portion to hear that it's Rising Star.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=565712
    The same thing happened here in Eastland, the eastland food mart across from the baptist church had to move thier door also.

There is no methamphetamine problem dumbass. Making us beg for decongestants at the drugstore solved that problem once and for always. Yup the over-the-counter loophole now closed, we need to push for a 5 day waiting period and background checks for decongestant purchases. And who the hell needs a package that holds more than 10 tablets? Please someone explain that one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I read the article and it led me to wonder why seeing someone carrying beer out of a store is particularly offensive if you are coming out of a church. If the store was a block away and the church goer was driving past it on the way home from church when he saw the guy carrying beer out of the store, would that be better?

and then they go to walmart after church and see the beer there and complain

I didn't know there was a WalMart in Rising Star?