Thread: Lake Leon Camping

Lake Leon Camping

I am wondering in concern as to why there is an employee of the lake that carries a fire arm around in the public camping area. Camping with friends and family this weekend, we all were wondering if things were so bad at the park that it would have to require someone to have to walk around with a fire arm on his hip. I guess the question is why? We have never seen this before in over 16 years of camping out there, is this a new protocol for the park? It made us all uncomfortable with our children there. I think this issue needs to be looked into before my family goes to camp out there again.

Quote Originally Posted by dec71 View Post
    I am wondering in concern as to why there is an employee of the lake that carries a fire arm around in the public camping area. Camping with friends and family this weekend, we all were wondering if things were so bad at the park that it would have to require someone to have to walk around with a fire arm on his hip. I guess the question is why? We have never seen this before in over 16 years of camping out there, is this a new protocol for the park? It made us all uncomfortable with our children there. I think this issue needs to be looked into before my family goes to camp out there again.
    They been lake wardens with guns out there for years guess you just missed them but we feel safe knowing theyer there in case something happens plus he can shoot snakes

With all the shootings lately even in the small town of Eden. It would make me feel safe if I knew someone of the goods guys (city and state officials) had guns also. We have a Lake Warden where I live and he carries a gun. With all the partying people this weekend I would carry one also if I had to be out there with them.

I also wonder how many of those campers in public places where carrying guns. My grandfather never went to a lake without carrying a gun and he was in his 80's. You go grandpa. HAHA

I never go camping anymore without my weapon. Mischief is everywhere even at Lake Leon!

we don't go anywhere now without a gun things are to scary these says.

Re: Lake Leon Camping

We usually take a .22 pistol with us when we go fishing and hiking around our parts. Prefer to have one if we run into a snake or skunk or something like that. Seems wise to me for a lake warden to carry a gun out around the lake.

This person was not the lake warden or game warden, just part time help with the park, and not a police officer trained to protect. I didnt feel safe for this person running around with a pistol around his waist. As far as a gun at a camping site, good idea for if you see a snake or skunk or whatever but to have to run around trying to look cool or scare people is what needs to be looked into.
    I understand the laws allow us to conceal weapons and such but at a campground in broad daylight with lots of kids running around was not safe in my opinion.