Thread: My Handy Thought for the Day

My Handy Thought for the Day

King Arthur

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of a neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So, the monarch offered him his freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult question. Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer and, if after a year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question: "What do women really want ? "

Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man, and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But, since it was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everyone: the princess, the priests, the wise men and even the court jester. He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory answer.

Many people advised him to consult the old witch, for only she would have the answer..

But the price would be high; as the witch was famous throughout the kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no choice but to talk to the witch. She agreed to answer the question, but he would have to agree to her price first

The old witch wanted to marry Sir Lancelot, the most noble of the Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend !

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous, had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises, etc. He had never encountered such a repugnant creature in all his life.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and endure such a terrible burden; but Lancelot, learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.

He said nothing was too big of a sacrifice compared to Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.

Hence, a wedding was proclaimed and the witch answered Arthur's question thus:

"What a woman really wants ", she answered, "..is to be in charge of her own life."

Everyone in the kingdom instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth and thatArthur's life would be spared.

And so it was, the neighboring monarch granted Arthur his freedom and Lancelot and the witch had a wonderful wedding.

The honeymoon hour approached and Lancelot, steeling himself for a horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But, what a sight awaited him... The most beautiful woman he had ever seen lay before him on the bed. The astounded Lancelot asked what had happened.

The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when she appeared as a witch, she would henceforth, be her horrible deformed self only half the time and the beautiful maiden the other half.

Which would he prefer ? Beautiful during the day....or night ?

Lancelot pondered the predicament. During the day, a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his castle, an old witch ? Or, would he prefer having a hideous witch during the day, but by night, a beautiful woman for him to enjoy wondrous intimate moments ?

What would YOU do ?

What Lancelot chose is below. BUT.....make YOUR choice before you scroll down below. OKAY ?

Noble Lancelot said that he would allow HER to make the choice herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

Now....what is the moral to this story ?

Scroll down

The moral is....
    If
    you don't let a woman have her own way.....
    Things are going to get ugly

Don't you mean fugly?
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Don't you mean fugly?
    Well, in my case and past history. It is whatever floats their boat.
    Last edited by mingus108; 05-28-2013 at 11:47 AM.

That story is actually an adaptation of The Wife of Bath's Tale, from Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Nothing new under the sun.
    Ne obliviscaris

Quote Originally Posted by salty45 View Post
    That story is actually an adaptation of The Wife of Bath's Tale, from Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Nothing new under the sun.
    It is so, but not to a over educated leftwing nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    It is so, but not to a over educated leftwing nerd.
    In the original tale, King Arthur is the monarch who has to punish a knight who raped a young village maiden. While the tale is a half hearted attempt to empower women, it still glosses over the ugly issue of rape by ending with a story of romantic redemption.

In your version the rape is removed and the tale becomes a sexist joke at the expense of womens struggle to be taken seriously.

I may be over educated, but at least I understand the stupid things that you re-post.

Then just maybe you understand this not so stupid post. Leftwing Nerd!
    BETWEEN THE LINES

Obama tyranny: See, we told you so

Exclusive: Joseph Farah offers response to judgment falling on America

Published: 11 hours ago byJoseph FarahEmail | ArchiveJoseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators News Service.. He is the author or co-author of 13 books, including his latest, "The Tea Party Manifesto," and his classic, "Taking America Back," now in its third edition and 14th printing. Farah is the former editor of the legendary Sacramento Union and other major-market dailies.More ↓Less ↑

It gives me little comfort to say, “See, I told you so.”
    Starting in 2008, there were many voices warning what an administration headed by a radical, Chicago-style gangster like Barack Obama would mean for America. But none of those voices were as relentless and prolific as WND.
    We exposed his background.
    We exposed his associations.
    We exposed his policy positions as a “community organizer,” an Illinois state senator and during his brief career as a U.S. senator.
    We exposed the lies in his books.
    We exposed the still-unanswered questions and cover-up of his eligibility problems.
    We exposed his Marxist connections, appointments and leanings in “The Manchurian President.”
    And we continued by exposing what he would do in a second term if he got the chance in “Fool Me Twice,” a book, by the way, as relevant today as the day it was published in 2012.
    We hoped for the best, but, at the end of the day, “the low-information voters” prevailed.
    Am I surprised Obama is now simultaneously caught up in three of the biggest political scandals in American history?
    No.
    I’m surprised it took this long.
    It’s in Barack Obama’s nature and character to do “whatever is necessary” to prevail over his enemies. And his enemies include the Constitution of the United States.
    He needs to be brought to justice for his abuse of the First Amendment in spying on news agencies.
    He needs to be brought to justice for using the Internal Revenue Service as an attack dog against his political foes.
    He needs to be brought to justice for abandoning Americans to be mutilated and killed in Benghazi.
    He needs to be brought to justice for the forgotten scandal of “Fast and Furious,” in which he and his Justice Department ran guns to the drug cartels in Mexico, resulting the deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents and countless Mexicans and American civilians.
    Will this all catch up with him?
    Will there be justice?
    Will the dysfunctional political system and the dysfunctional media do what needs to be done?
    I hope so. But I can’t help but think Obama and all he has wrought on America – including a health-care system that violates the consciences of Americans and will result needlessly in immense pain, death and suffering – actually represent justice for the country. We’re getting just what we deserve – not only because we allowed him to be elected twice, but because Americans have lost their moral bearings.
    Obama is only a symptom of the disease that plagues us.
    We can’t win unless we recognize that what we are seeing happen to America is part of a divine judgment of those who were given so much, who were so blessed by God, yet turned our collective backs on Him.
    We can yell and scream about what we’re facing. We can hope the broken system still works. We can cheer each new revelation about corruption, fraud, waste and abuse, hoping our fellow Americans catch on. But, at the end of the day, none of it will matter unless we remember why we’re experiencing these trials and tribulations.
    Americans – and more precisely God’s people in America – have been asleep at the switch. We’ve become too worldly. We’re not serving as the salt and light we’re commanded to be. We’re not humbling ourselves before the throne of God. We’re not praying and repenting of our own sins as we look around us and condemn the sins of others. We’re not seeking His face.
    If we want to see the nation turned right-side up, God’s people, those called by His name, need to do all those things. We need to learn from the mistakes of the first people God chose – the nation of Israel.
    I believe this is our only hope.

In the original tale, King Arthur is the monarch who has to punish a knight who raped a young village maiden. While the tale is a half hearted attempt to empower women, it still glosses over the ugly issue of rape by ending with a story of romantic redemption.

In your version the rape is removed and the tale becomes a sexist joke at the expense of womens struggle to be taken seriously.

I may be over educated, but at least I understand the stupid things that you re-post.
    Well since you are the in-house expert on fairy tales, comic books, Obamas tales and Obamacare.

I will recognize your expertize in this fairy tale just this one time. You may carry on.
    Last edited by mingus108; 05-29-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Well since you are the in-house expert on fairy tales, comic books, Obamas tales and Obamacare.

I will recognize your expertize in this fairy tale just this one time. You may carry on.
    Why thank you, how many fingers am I holding up?

Why thank you, how many fingers am I holding up?
    More than likely 3 since you are an alien with 3 fingers on each hand.

Good one salty! Safe bet it went right over mingus' head. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    Good one salty! Safe bet it went right over mingus' head. lmao.
    No problem not at all.
    Ole salt lick has a pretty low standing on my retort priority list.
    I refer to it as the chuckle head list, lower than the dunder head list.
    Even with the Chowder head list but not much.
    About the same par as rotten Colorado Mountain oysters that would gag a mule.

No problem not at all.
    Ole salt lick has a pretty low standing on my retort priority list.
    I refer to it as the chuckle head list, lower than the dunder head list.
    Even with the Chowder head list but not much.
    About the same par as rotten Colorado Mountain oysters that would gag a mule.

Another comic book, it took you long enough to reply was it your nappy time?

Just admit you have a bigger one.

Living in the make believe World of Emperor Barakahole Obama, king Auther & Sir lancelot will get you nowhere.