Thread: Reactive government

Reactive government

Our government has received word that al qaeda plans a massive attack on Western interests this weekend, so we have closed 22 consulates and embassies in the Muslim world on Sunday.

Will we always REACT to threats instead of ELIMINATING threats?

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Our government has received word that al qaeda plans a massive attack on Western interests this weekend, so we have closed 22 consulates and embassies in the Muslim world on Sunday.

Will we always REACT to threats instead of ELIMINATING threats?
    We will till Obama is gone. He doesn't know how to to do anything but talk & that doesn't get the job done.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

I think the timing of this threat is entirely suspect. The government has more incriminating evidence laid bare by Edward Snowden, and Bradley Manning was found not guilty of aiding the enemy. Now, there is a huge threat to take away attention from those facts. When we accept the actions of secret agencies as legitamate, what they do in secret will be even worse.
    "Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling."

Quote Originally Posted by camdeeman View Post
    I think the timing of this threat is entirely suspect. The government has more incriminating evidence laid bare by Edward Snowden, and Bradley Manning was found not guilty of aiding the enemy. Now, there is a huge threat to take away attention from those facts. When we accept the actions of secret agencies as legitamate, what they do in secret will be even worse.
    That is a tactic he learned from Tricky Dick Cheney.
    Ne obliviscaris

We know what Republicans do in secret.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    We know what Republicans do in secret.
    The Republicans do much less than the Democrats.

It seems the Republicans are roasting the Democrats for letting Snowden get away for what he has exposed.
    Me? I will vote Tea Party from now on.

Four years ago President Obama gave a much heralded speech as outreach to the Muslim world. And now, four years later we are closing embassies throughout the Muslim world. A year ago, the president boasted al-Qaida is on the run and Osama bin Laden is dead. Now we seem to be on the run and al-Qaida is very much alive and growing.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/04/bi...re-on-the-run/

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post

It seems the Republicans are roasting the Democrats for letting Snowden get away for what he has exposed.
    Good for you Mingus 108, so will I

Right, Republican as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by salty45 View Post
    Right, Republican as usual.
    Ted Cruz all the way, turkey.

Ted Cruz all the way, turkey.
    Right, the Canadian Republican.

Right, the Canadian Republican.
    Well turkey, since I have been all over Canada a few times, I sort of like the Country.
    I cannot say the same about Kenya.

Well turkey, since I have been all over Canada a few times, I sort of like the Country.
    I cannot say the same about Kenya.
    I have been to Kenya and its hot, dirty and full of black people so I'm sure you wouldn't like it.

I have been to Kenya and its hot, dirty and full of black people so I'm sure you wouldn't like it.
    Your birth place?

Your birth place?
    Really? Thats all you can come up with? Sad and pathetic.

Dunderhead pissant

Dunderhead pissant
    Sadder and sadder. But I forgive you.

Sadder and sadder. But I forgive you.
    You give me gas

You give me gas
    Apology accepted.

None offered turkey.

Speaking of lofty goals... now THERE is a lofty goal! All it would take is an executive order from a wannabe dictator, and the continued inaction by a spineless Congress, and we'll have a third, fourth, and fifth term president.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Speaking of lofty goals... now THERE is a lofty goal! All it would take is an executive order from a wannabe dictator, and the continued inaction by a spineless Congress, and we'll have a third, fourth, and fifth term president.
    If you recall, thats what extremists on the left said about Bush, but I never bought into that either.

Yes, and I recall that when our Nation was attacked, and a madman in Iraq invaded Kuwait, and was waving his sword in the air threatening to nuke us, and our populace was screaming at our do-nothing Congress, "DO SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING!" So they voted to do something.

Now, what do we tell them? "Well, you shouldn't have done that!" "You shouldn't have invaded Iraq." "You shouldn't have invaded Afghanistan." "You shouldn't have created the Department of Homeland Security." "You shouldn't monitor conversations to keep our country safe from terrorist attack." "There is no real threat." "There are no weapons of mass destruction."

Now, after four more Americans were killed at the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya, we are screaming, "DO SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING!"

I can understand their reluctance to "do something".

When Edward Snowden revealed that the government is listening to our phone calls, reading our emails, and violating our Constitutional right "to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures", we hear cries of "Treason!"... "Traitor!", and want our Congress to DO SOMETHING! Others classify Snowden as "patriot" and want protection for him under the Whistleblower Act.

A fickle group, indeed, we Americans!

So it's always the very same people vacillating between "they must do something now" and "now they've gone too far"?

Re: Reactive government

Generally