Thread: Friday football game?

Friday football game?

everyone said its gonna be packed Friday. I got tickets. its too hard for me to get in line with my wheel chair. I hear alot of talk about it. they say Cisco couch is not gonna gonna allow team to shake hands with the mavs.
    BMARIE

Quote Originally Posted by bmarie View Post
    everyone said its gonna be packed Friday. I got tickets. its too hard for me to get in line with my wheel chair. I hear alot of talk about it. they say Cisco couch is not gonna gonna allow team to shake hands with the mavs.
    Thats coach.
    Ne obliviscaris

The stories of animosity between the two teams are good for ticket sales and make it fun to have one of the biggest rivalries around. Who doesn't love drama? What fun is it having two teams with a goal of good sportsmanship and best team win mentality. Need some grrr, sic em, hurt em attitude.

After the game off to boot camp then to the war of the week. Sports is how Republicans groom our youth to fight their conjured up wars for them. The ones who make it back receive the honor of paying the wealthies taxes for them.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    After the game off to boot camp then to the war of the week. Sports is how Republicans groom our youth to fight their conjured up wars for them. The ones who make it back receive the honor of paying the wealthies taxes for them.
    Back on the hooch again ?

Quote Originally Posted by bmarie View Post
    PPL might have tickets but it doesn't guarantee a seat.I'd get there early. Real early.

Sad loss.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Cisco and this coach have a history of running up scores when it is unnecessary, causing some of us to question their sportsmanship. This season Cisco has run up the score on:

Breckenridge 27 - 7
    Comanche 43 - 0
    Holliday 54 - 7
    Nocona 41 - 0
    Millsap 51 - 0
    City View 49 - 12
    Jacksboro 60 - 6
    Eastland 50 - 14

Sadly, it appears this is who will represent our district.
    The Cisco Loboes are now known as the Cisco LoBlows.

I did not realize you were supposed to stop winning and let the other guy catch up.

Just depends on what you expect from a coach. Some of the locals expect the score to be run up. Others of us would like to see, after our team gets ahead, to send some of the younger or those who never get to play out on the field, until the opposition gets ahead, then score another one, only staying even through the entire game, then cinch it up at the very end with a field goal. Imagine how exciting this would be for the players and the fans. No one wants to sit through a lop sided game in the cold night air on hard seats.
    It appears as though nearly all the opposing teams are silly putty in the hands of the Loboes. There is no sense emptying your box of shells into the deer after he is on the ground. A real sportsman enjoys losing as much as winning, depending on which rules he adopts for himself. My impression of Cisco's coach is that he would happily shoot a bird from a highwire.
    If the young men aren't learning sportsmanship, then why are we wasting time on this program?

MM, did the game between Cisco and Eastland remind you of the election Tuesday?

Are you serious??

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Just depends on what you expect from a coach. Some of the locals expect the score to be run up. Others of us would like to see, after our team gets ahead, to send some of the younger or those who never get to play out on the field, until the opposition gets ahead, then score another one, only staying even through the entire game, then cinch it up at the very end with a field goal. Imagine how exciting this would be for the players and the fans. No one wants to sit through a lop sided game in the cold night air on hard seats.
    It appears as though nearly all the opposing teams are silly putty in the hands of the Loboes. There is no sense emptying your box of shells into the deer after he is on the ground. A real sportsman enjoys losing as much as winning, depending on which rules he adopts for himself. My impression of Cisco's coach is that he would happily shoot a bird from a highwire.
    If the young men aren't learning sportsmanship, then why are we wasting time on this program?
    I agree with you 100%. That's how it used to be back when my son played. Heard many fans left after the first half of the game. I turned radio off after half time myself.
    Last edited by capricorn; 11-09-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    It's Obama's fault!

I can understand the concept of equal points with younger players. But, you have to understand there was not a player on the Maverick squad that would have wanted a point handed to them. They would rather earn the points. I heard that Cisco did put the B team players in the game. That the Mavericks quarterback was injured. You hear a lot, but after a certain age these folks need to hit the ground running. It would not have been fair to the Mavericks ability to hand them any points. Can you imagine the stuff the Mavericks players would have to put up with from the Loboes players for years to come. Play it like it lays. The Mavericks played a hard game and did not have anything handed to them, they should all be proud of that.

You need to pull up the eastland scores!!!! Look and compare, you bunch of cry babies!!!!

When we started playing eastland again back in the 2001, my son played on the jv lobo team. The game was pretty well decided but eastland's coach let his players keep shooting 3 pointers. The coach and his players laughed every time they made a basket. Now that is real sportsmanship for you!!!! So suck it up and get ready for the next round of the football playoffs!!!! Our kids deserve better!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    I can understand the concept of equal points with younger players. But, you have to understand there was not a player on the Maverick squad that would have wanted a point handed to them. They would rather earn the points. I heard that Cisco did put the B team players in the game. That the Mavericks quarterback was injured. You hear a lot, but after a certain age these folks need to hit the ground running. It would not have been fair to the Mavericks ability to hand them any points. Can you imagine the stuff the Mavericks players would have to put up with from the Loboes players for years to come. Play it like it lays. The Mavericks played a hard game and did not have anything handed to them, they should all be proud of that.
    Hurrumph!

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by lobo8 View Post
    You need to pull up the eastland scores!!!! Look and compare, you bunch of cry babies!!!!
    Yes Eastland ran up a bunch of them too, what a crying shame.
    These young men will save the day for us in Syria, Iran, and Iraq. Just remember the pregnant women make the easiest targets, plus you get a two for one kill count there.

Children... CHILDREN... behave yourselves! You never know when a mature student may be watching you bicker over insignificant matters.

Everyone said the players would behave themselves, and wondered if the parents and adults would do the same.