Thread: Voting

Voting

Where do you stand on voting?

1. It should be mandatory for everyone living in the U.S. to vote, or face a penalty.

2. It should be mandatory for every legal citizen in the U.S. to vote, or face a penalty.

3. It should be mandatory for every legal citizen in the U.S. to vote, as long as "none of the above" is listed as a choice for each race.

4. It should be the right of any U.S. citizen to make their choice whether to vote or not vote.

5. Getting a voter registration card should be like getting a concealed handgun license. You must prove you are a legal citizen, have no felonies, no history of mental illness, drug or alcohol abuse, and have a FBI background check, and an 8 hour class to prove you have understood the principle.

6. Legal citizens should elect their State Representatives, whom will elect the Senators. The Senators would then elect the President.
    Murphy was an optimist!

I don't like any of those Dave.
    Each voter should be allowed a certain amount of votes according to the amount of taxes they pay. Everyone would get one vote, then an extra vote for each thousand, five thousand, or ten thousand dollars they pay in taxes, take your pick. That should prevent the freeloaders from overwhelming the system.
    Secretary,
    Harper Valley PTA

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Rich Republicans should be making all the decisions for everyone.
    Hurrumph!

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMutha View Post
    Each voter should be allowed a certain amount of votes according to the amount of taxes they pay. Everyone would get one vote, then an extra vote for each thousand, five thousand, or ten thousand dollars they pay in taxes, take your pick. That should prevent the freeloaders from overwhelming the system.
    You don't even agree with #4?

I was afraid it was a trick question.