Thread: TV ?

TV ?

What options do we have for television viewing in the Eastland area? I sure dont care for these over 100 dollars a month bills.

Suddenlink cable, Dish Network, and DirecTV. No matter which way you go, if you want movie channels or premium networks, it's gonna cost you.

An antenna will get you the four channels out of Abilene but I am sure you don't like that idea anymore that I do. Just offering and idea!

Internet Hulu Nextflix etc pay for what you want.

I have TXOL works fine.

Here we have Time Warner with everything on it, even the home-phone. Except the alarms that is wireless for safety & cheaper. But I would cut the cord in a heartbeat if I could.
    But when you are old & retired you need some breaks from the no good politicians.

We have had dish and direct tv. They are good but in my opinion pricey when somedays the tv is not watched.May check out hulu as i have txol for computer internet. thank you all for the information. No good inexpensive options, is there.

I have Dish and its under $50 month, tax and fees included....but I don't know if they still offer that plan. I have the 19.99 a month deal, plus whatever they charge for DVR and a package of outdoor channels which I think run around $5 a month. It still sounds too much to me. I also have Netflix and Hulu plus which total to about $17 a month. I have chromecast to send that stuff from my phone to the TV and an old Roku box for some things. I watch those and the husband watches the Dish. I can get everything we watch on Hulu plus and Roku channels, but its a bit of a hassle and i haven't found a way to get local channels for news . Maybe need to set up antenna for that and drop the Dish. Last time I told Dish I was dropping them, they knocked my subscription down to $10 a month for 6 months. Im about ready to do that again.

How much of an antenna do you have to have to pick up Abilene channels from in town.

Will my old antenna work or do we need something else?

Quote Originally Posted by SonicMan View Post
    Internet Hulu Nextflix etc pay for what you want.

I have TXOL works fine.
    That's what we did last March. Netflix is our primary source, Amazon Prime too. Less than $200 per year plus internet connection.
    It was culture shock for a while. In fact I disconnected the DSS receiver but left the service active for a couple of months. We went cold turkey and now it's been so long we don't even get the shakes anymore.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    Will my old antenna work or do we need something else?
    Old antenna will do, but if your tv is old, it will need a digital converter. At least I believe that's how it works. oh.. and if the wiring to your to your antenna is that old flat wire stuff, it will need to be changed to coaxil cable.

I just remembered I have an old antenna up in the attic. I may just give that a try. If I can pick up one local channel, that will be good for me.