Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public restroom battle

Public restroom battle

Questions come to my mind...
    Which person would be more alarming to you if you ran into them in a public restroom? The one who, from all outside appearance, looks like they are your same gender, or one who is dressed as the opposite gender but if you saw them naked, you would find out they are the same gender as you.

And.. if you see someone you think is the opposite sex but is dressing as the same sex you are.... how and why would you feel a need to find out for sure?

How much "checking out" of other people in the restroom do you do?

How the heck do they warp relieving yourself into some sexual act?

I have mixed feelings. On one side, I am just over the debate because I get tired of seeing it in my Facebook feed. I have some vocal liberal acquaintances... But on the other side, still in my Facebook feed, there is almost daily reports of some kind of sexual abuse of a child from the news outlets. I guess living in a city that is growing and crime is going up, I am becoming a pessimist. My neighborhood Starbucks now has gender neutral bathrooms. They just had single person bathrooms. I refuse to use them anymore. NASTY... Seats are always left up or urine is all over the seat. ick

I don't understand why the issue of sexual abuse of children has something to do with who gets to use which restroom. Let's say statistics show that sexual abuse of children is usually done by adult males....and let's say that typically these attacks happen in public restrooms. Then doesn't that mean that little boys have been in danger since the beginning of public restrooms?

Everyone should just go before they leave the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Pac A Sac in Strawn only has one restroom. Everyone who works there works very hard to keep it clean. ..and I've started to walk into many a women's restroom stall that I turned around and moved on to the next because of the condition it was in, so I'm not sure the problem is simply because it's a unisex restroom.

Instead of labeling Boys or Girls rest rooms or Men/Women I have an alternate suggestion: Why not have one facility labeled penises and the other labeled vaginas?
    No gender stigma attached, self identify as anything you want. Dress however you want. Seems so simple.

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Uh George that could be called discrimination.
    As I have said my wife critiques restaurants & I hear it all time about the restrooms.
    But this is a problem that I would remember if it is happening here, believe me.
    I would hate to be sitting there waiting for her & hear the commotion.
    At 80 I am dang near disabled from her kicking my shins in some of the upscale bistros. I have already culled some of the jobs that require the bars to be critqued as well as the restaurants. We have some good friends that love free meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    The Pac A Sac in Strawn only has one restroom. Everyone who works there works very hard to keep it clean. ..and I've started to walk into many a women's restroom stall that I turned around and moved on to the next because of the condition it was in, so I'm not sure the problem is simply because it's a unisex restroom.

Likely not, but it is so nasty that I will drive 5 miles to a different location to meet with friends. I have noticed way more men going into restrooms at that Starbucks so maybe it is an issue with volume.

I don't understand why the issue of sexual abuse of children has something to do with who gets to use which restroom. Let's say statistics show that sexual abuse of children is usually done by adult males....and let's say that typically these attacks happen in public restrooms. Then doesn't that mean that little boys have been in danger since the beginning of public restrooms?

Everyone should just go before they leave the house.

You might understand my attitude if you saw my newsfeed. It is men and women, it is boys and girls, it is teachers mostly, but other adults you would expect to be leaders. It is kids being lured by online predators, it is a regular story in my feed. Austin metro area hit 2 million, so maybe this is what happens when a city grows this big. I realize it isn't a logic or statistically based argument. It's just my own growing pessimism of trusting people to do right by others when the news is a steady stream of crappy things that people do to others.

Sam's club has a family room along with the regular restrooms, that takes care of the family needs. But if some oddball wants to do his thing, it will not end well sooner or later, with all of this concealed & open carry.
    Last edited by mingus108; 04-12-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    You might understand my attitude if you saw my newsfeed. It is men and women, it is boys and girls, it is teachers mostly, but other adults you would expect to be leaders. It is kids being lured by online predators, it is a regular story in my feed. Austin metro area hit 2 million, so maybe this is what happens when a city grows this big. I realize it isn't a logic or statistically based argument. It's just my own growing pessimism of trusting people to do right by others when the news is a steady stream of crappy things that people do to others.
    The news knows drama sells. No one wants to read about the normal mundane people who are doing things right. And when something that sells happens, you are inundated with information about it. The media even starts out with unsubstantiated information these days because it's more important to be first with information than to have correct information.

I think our children have more opportunity these days to be victims. They are left alone many more hours a week than they were in generations past. One of our problems is the idea that they need to have a cell phone at 8 yrs, a car at their disposal at 16, and unlimited access 24/7 to the internet when they are really too young to deal with many of the consequences that come with these things.

In my teen years, when someone called me, they always had the possibility that one of my parents would answer the phone, and the possibility was always there that a parent could pick up the extension and listen, or be on the other side of the door. I had time limits on how long I could be on the phone. There was no internet... the people who had contact with me all had faces. Strangers only had access to me from the other side of the counter at a store. Not that bad things didn't happen back then, but children were certainly not as accessible as they are today.

Being a fisherman I think inboard and outboard is the only way to go. Do we need a different location for bi-sexual folks? Keep it simple.

I think you have the answer, Happy JP.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Everyone seems to be obsessed with "equal rights" and avoiding discrimination against "transgenders". Our women and children should not have to worry about their privacy being invaded by some pervert that wants to be something they are not.
    God made us men, and God made us women. If a tranny wants to use a women's restroom, they need to hold it until they can get to New York. Or perhaps our illustrious leaders in Washington can mandate that each business provide three restrooms, one for men, one for women, and one for whatever.

The Obama administration, in order to "give" rights to certain groups, of necessity, have to deprive other groups of their rights. Does a child have a right to privacy in a public restroom? Does a "transgender" person have a right to deprive that child of her rights?
    Next thing you know, Democrats will be able to vote in Republican primaries!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Everyone seems to be obsessed with "equal rights" and avoiding discrimination against "transgenders". Our women and children should not have to worry about their privacy being invaded by some pervert that wants to be something they are not.
    God made us men, and God made us women. If a tranny wants to use a women's restroom, they need to hold it until they can get to New York. Or perhaps our illustrious leaders in Washington can mandate that each business provide three restrooms, one for men, one for women, and one for whatever.
    I've never worried about my privacy being invaded in a women's restroom. I haven't had a clue all these years whether the people in the restroom with me are males dressed as women, women who are attracted to women, or just plain ol' women. I don't spend a lot of time socializing to find out. I haven't seen anyone having sex in the restroom yet, so I can't tell their preferences that way. Basically I just don't care.

I find it interesting that most of the conversations I have seen assume it is women and children that are worried about their privacy. Isn't the men's room even less private? Aren't men concerned about a former female who is now a male taking a peek at them?

I wonder how they are going to enforce this? Are you going to be required to strip down if someone thinks you are looking a little manly in the women's room?

And the weirdest part of all this is that with this law in place a man who dresses like a woman (or has actually gone through or is going through a sex change operation) can't go in and use a stall in the women's room, but it's still okay for the homosexual to use their own gender's restroom. And since you can't always tell what they look like, the actual child predators out there might be standing in the restroom of either gender right next to your child without anyone having a clue. I'll bet their could be some prostitutes that use public restrooms.. I know I've seen some that I figure might as well be if they're going to dress like that. There are a lot of people in the public restrooms who I wouldn't agree with politically, morally or ethically... but I just don't think that's the place to fight those battles.

How about this.... if someone is having sex in a public restroom, molesting someone, making inappropriate advances... make some noise, call for help, have them arrested. If everyone is just doing their business and minding their own business, lets just move one. When you gotta go, you gotta go. I'd prefer they use the restroom than relieve themselves somewhere else in public... which may end up happening if they can't use an actual restroom.
    Last edited by Julie; 04-24-2016 at 09:12 AM.

The Obama administration, in order to "give" rights to certain groups, of necessity, have to deprive other groups of their rights. Does a child have a right to privacy in a public restroom? Does a "transgender" person have a right to deprive that child of her rights?
    What are you talking about? What privacy in a public restroom do you loose simply because a transgender person is in there? I don't even like my own gender in the restroom with me.. but it's a public restroom. I don't see them naked, they don't see me naked no matter which gender they are. What am I giving up?

There has to be some sexual thing that everyone is afraid of. I don't think transgenders are known for stalking children and women in the public restrooms. I can't find where that's happened.

I would be much more afraid of sending my young son into a men's room alone and it isn't the transgendered people in there I'd be afraid of. It's the ones born male and still male as adults.

Political correctness has managed to get the whole world discombobulated. I say do away with "P.C." and most of these so-called problems will solve themselves without Washington's legislation!

Everyone seems to be obsessed with "equal rights" and avoiding discrimination against "transgenders".
    You don't think everyone should have the right to go to a public restroom without getting beat up?

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    Political correctness has managed to get the whole world discombobulated. I say do away with "P.C." and most of these so-called problems will solve themselves without Washington's legislation!
    Sounds like they aren't using any political correctness here. If someone has gone through the actions of becoming a member of the opposite sex... or they look so much like the opposite sex that it would really cause a ruckus if they went into their "birth gender" restroom.. why would someone put in a law to make sure they do just that?

Would you rather explain to your child why the man with the beard who used to be a woman is in the women's room, or why the woman in the dress who was born a man is in the men's room?

I have a feeling that with the law you will still have what you have now (because hasn't it always been that you would be arrested if you were caught in the opposite gender's restroom?). Those who feel they look much more like a woman than a man will use the women's room and vice versa. I'm sure they already make sure they go before they leave the house and hold it as long as they can.

Okay, lets' say I am for all appearances a male. But, I feel like I want to go into the ladies room. By forcing me to shave my beard, alter my appearance and physical attributes, you are messing with my rights. I am sure not many of the ladies in the room are going to feel like I don't belong there. You have to draw the line somewhere. Some things are best left alone.

As I said.....discombobulated.

Although common sense is not so common, consider this. If a male transgender walks into the public restroom at the new Ranger Hill rest stop men's room. Dressed as a female but with obvious male attributes, he is looking for trouble. Right or wrong it would be bad business.

Apparently, there are a lot of men already dressing as women to spy on them and in some instances attack them in restrooms. Someone posted a story that landed in my Facebook feed which led me to Google and I found several stories since 2013. I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that it is because of the transgender laws since these are fairly new conversations that we are having.

Questions come to my mind...
    Which person would be more alarming to you if you ran into them in a public restroom? The one who, from all outside appearance, looks like they are your same gender, or one who is dressed as the opposite gender but if you saw them naked, you would find out they are the same gender as you.

And.. if you see someone you think is the opposite sex but is dressing as the same sex you are.... how and why would you feel a need to find out for sure?

How much "checking out" of other people in the restroom do you do?

How the heck do they warp relieving yourself into some sexual act?
    Are there any lines? Is there any reason boys, (who self identify as female of course,) shouldn't feel free to use the girls locker room after gym class? Strip down and shower with the girls and to be fair, girls... females who self identify as male in the boys locker room and showers? How about at the fitness club? Should cities adopt building codes for new gym facilities mandating one communal locker/dressing/shower facility for all patrons?

Murphy was an optimist!

See, keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    See, keep it simple.
    You think that is a understatement? Do you realize the undergrowth that have to be shed? I do not know about you hairless apes nor do I want to know. They do not make enough lipstick for this old man.
    Think I will just stay here & drink.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    You think that is a understatement? Do you realize the undergrowth that have to be shed? I do not know about you hairless apes nor do I want to know. They do not make enough lipstick for this old man.
    Think I will just stay here & drink.
    Try a little pine tar. I can give you some good links if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Here I post a way to make a million & its made fun of.
    Any way I made near a million after retiring in 2002, we sure had a lot of fun blowing it.

Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Good one.
    Well I have to say it beats what you offered.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    Here I post a way to make a million & its made fun of.
    Any way I made near a million after retiring in 2002, we sure had a lot of fun blowing it.
    Hope you saved money for crooked judges and lawyer thieves.

Now you got it right, I have to agree with you in Palo Pinto County. We have to drive up to Eastland County to get a breath of fresh air.

I have been corrected on the lawyers bit, it is redundant to say crooked lawyer.
    Just lawyers will suffice.

Where in the hell is mutha when you need him?

Ne obliviscaris

Quote Originally Posted by salty45 View Post
    Most lawyers are Democrats, they do not change colors until they are in office.

I was curious and tried to find some numbers of people who identify as transgender in the US. The most common cited number is 700,000 but it is from 2011. Still the transgender community represents less than 1% of the adult population. For such a small demographic, they certainly have figured out how to influence public policy.

Majority rules, right?

I was curious and tried to find some numbers of people who identify as transgender in the US. The most common cited number is 700,000 but it is from 2011. Still the transgender community represents less than 1% of the adult population. For such a small demographic, they certainly have figured out how to influence public policy.
    This is what political correctness and "every child gets a trophy" has given us. It no longer matters what percentile you are in, the balance of society has to change their lifestyle to accommodate yours. It is not enough that we acknowledge and accept that you are different, we have to accommodate your lifestyle into ours. Immigrants no longer are expected to assimilate to our culture, we are supposed to assimilate to theirs.

I live in the country, we pee anywhere we want. I'm okay with that. Now if I bring a chicken to a public restroom because I am accustomed to having an audience when I pee, will they pass a law forcing everyone else to be okay with me bringing a chicken to help me relieve myself. Many things have no business being regulated.

Just finished filing my taxes, expect a little sarcasm. Happy tax day.

Majority rules, right?
    More like "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

I try not to pee on chickens it just is not fair.

Although I am not offended by a chicken in the men's room as long as it looks and acts like a rooster.

What if it's a hen that thinks she is a rooster?

In the '50's, we wouldn't have been discussing this at all. It's kinda sad that circumstances now make discussion necessary.
    Julie, each of us has the right to feel comfortable wherever we are, and when someone deviates from normal and accepted behavior, he/she is depriving us of that right. If a guy decides to go into a restroom where my wife, daughters or grand-daughters are, it'll be the only time that he will do it. Plain and simple.
    There are social standards in every community, and if a person wants to violate those standards, he needs to go to a community where his actions are acceptable.
    Intolerant? Yes! Proudly so.

In the '50's, we wouldn't have been discussing this at all. It's kinda sad that circumstances now make discussion necessary.
    Julie, each of us has the right to feel comfortable wherever we are, and when someone deviates from normal and accepted behavior, he/she is depriving us of that right. If a guy decides to go into a restroom where my wife, daughters or grand-daughters are, it'll be the only time that he will do it. Plain and simple.
    There are social standards in every community, and if a person wants to violate those standards, he needs to go to a community where his actions are acceptable.
    Intolerant? Yes! Proudly so.
    In the 50s the argument would be whether black people should be in the same restroom with white people or not.

You don't really mean that each of us has the right to feel comfortable wherever we are... you mean some of us have that right and others don't deserve it don't you?

There's a difference between rights our citizens should have and what I believe is the correct way to live according to my religious belief. I prefer to be tolerant (or I would call it simply polite) of those around me in public as long as they are extending the same courtesies and are not causing me harm.

Refering to your comment about the man going into the lady's room. ..everything is not always black and white. What if who you are looking at is actually a woman who is in the process of becoming a man (she can't go into the men's room according to this law).. or not in the process but just a very rugged looking woman. You can't just assume someone is who YOU think they are and then attack them (I presume that's the action you were talking about taking). If a crazy person (like the one pictured in the horrible outfit above) walks into either restroom, everyone might want to be on alert. You just can't always tell who the bad people are and who the good people are by looking at them. I wish we could, it would certainly make life easier.

So the entire Country is forced to look through rose colored glasses & change our restroom habits for one woman who is going against nature in a sex change operation.

The nationwide cost for the faculties to appease this loony & her lawyer, I know what the judge's would have said 10 years ago.
    The perverts have already taken advantage of the situation in attempted sexual assault's.

The whole thing should be ignored like a bad dream & let the poor abused thing figure it out on her own. She is already mad with her tormented tangle up mind & sexual orientation. I think the Country should be spared from any more of this crap.

In the 50s the argument would be whether black people should be in the same restroom with white people or not.
    In the 60s it was still that way in Fla & AL. Even black & white water fountains,
    on State owned property. With Chain-gang convicts cutting grass on the State highways. What 56 years ago?

Now this from Norway http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...bcA1&ocid=iehp

Now the money change with the black women, I knew when the it came out what they were planning to do. Boy of boy That first one is winner, dang she is a beauty queen.
    She should be the poster child for Planned Parenthood.

You don't really mean that each of us has the right to feel comfortable wherever we are... you mean some of us have that right and others don't deserve it don't you?

There's a difference between rights our citizens should have and what I believe is the correct way to live according to my religious belief. I prefer to be tolerant (or I would call it simply polite) of those around me in public as long as they are extending the same courtesies and are not causing me harm.

Refering to your comment about the man going into the lady's room. ..everything is not always black and white. What if who you are looking at is actually a woman who is in the process of becoming a man (she can't go into the men's room according to this law).. or not in the process but just a very rugged looking woman. You can't just assume someone is who YOU think they are and then attack them (I presume that's the action you were talking about taking). If a crazy person (like the one pictured in the horrible outfit above) walks into either restroom, everyone might want to be on alert. You just can't always tell who the bad people are and who the good people are by looking at them. I wish we could, it would certainly make life easier.
    Comparing black people to perverts is just plain wrong! In states where it is unlawful for males to enter female restrooms, a violator will at least try to hide the fact that he is violating the law. When we legalize it, no need to hide it, right? Why would anyone want to legalize it? Things are just fine the way they are now.
    We are so accustomed to trying to appease or accommodate those who are in the minority. What happened to the concept of "majority rules"?
    There is absolutely no need for a male to enter a female restroom. Period.

Refering to your comment about the man going into the lady's room. ..everything is not always black and white.who is What if who you are looking at is actually a woman in the process of becoming a man (she can't go into the men's room according to this law).. or not in the process but just a very rugged looking woman. You can't just assume someone is who YOU think they are and then attack them (I presume that's the action you were talking about taking). If a crazy person (like the one pictured in the horrible outfit above) walks into either restroom, everyone might want to be on alert. You just can't always tell who the bad people are and who the good people are by looking at them. I wish we could, it would certainly make life easier.
    This is what is WRONG ​with this entire discussion!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

Comparing black people to perverts is just plain wrong!
    I wasn't comparing black people to anyone. I was comparing the attitudes of society then and now.

I just think a law stating that even after committing to changing your gender you still have to go into the restroom of the gender you were at birth is ridiculous ... and it doesn't make anyone safer. It certainly could make some more uncomfortable.. running into that man in the women's room that was born a woman. How does that make sense? I thought you didn't want men in the women's room.

Wait. Is this about people who mutilate themselves to become the opposite sex or those who self identify as the opposite sex even though they're clearly antipodal?

Once one undergoes the addadicktome process the men's room is the place to pee, XX chromosome conundrum not withstanding of course. But unless you're willing to make the commitment you need to dance with the one who brung you. Caitlyn Jenner call your office.

So I had started hearing the term sexual fluidity before I watched George's Bill video. I guess for me the concern is how sex and a small statistical sampling of people completely the change the culture and economy of a entire country.

Public restroom battle

I suppose next the federal govt will pass a law to install urinals in women's bathrooms and you'll have to hire a psycho, errr, phsychiatrist and a bathroom cop checking everybody's credentials and private parts to enter whatever bathroom they're gender identifying that day. Will the madness ever stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never a stranger in Ranger! and I DO NOT SUPPORT gay rights

Quote Originally Posted by marathon man View Post
    I suppose next the federal govt will pass a law to install urinals in women's bathrooms and you'll have to hire a psycho, errr, phsychiatrist and a bathroom cop checking everybody's credentials and private parts to enter whatever bathroom they're gender identifying that day. Will the madness ever stop?

We just need to place an order for more of those TSA airport machines. Imagine, airport security at every public restroom in America. Now that is a money making idea.

Attached Images Attached Images

The government mandates that businesses make all kinds of expensive modifications to their property all the time so why not mandate they add a single stall bathroom. I see them already in lots of places except designated for families. Then if someone decides to self-identify as the opposite sex on any given day, they have a safe place to go and the other 99.9 percent of the population just uses the restroom as normal.

Yes, it is a very liberal viewpoint. The main reason the more conservative group does not understand is because, we are not well informed. It is BS at its' best.

Yep the way I see it. The wannabee males need to learn to stand up, the wannabee girls need to learn how to squat.
    Most would never know the difference & so simple it makes my head hurt.

If any of you think that you have not already shared a bathroom with an LGBT person then you are very naive.

I don't like to share the bathroom with anyone, so I rarely use public restrooms. I live in Austin so I would bet that I have been in a bathroom with a transgender already. I think there is a huge difference in someone who commits to the transformation and this idea of "self-identifying."

Public restroom battle

Majority rules, right?
    Thankfully, when it comes to having the same basic rights as others, majority rules is not the case. Otherwise several segments of society still couldn't vote....could be denied buying a home in certain neighborhoods, denied admission to colleges because of who they are, and denied employment because of their race, religion or gender.

Public restroom battle

I don't like to share the bathroom with anyone, so I rarely use public restrooms. I live in Austin so I would bet that I have been in a bathroom with a transgender already. I think there is a huge difference in someone who commits to the transformation and this idea of "self-identifying."
    I am against anyone going to a restroom....no matter which one, to prey on others. That will always be illegal. But no law will stop that. Heck, most laws don't make you safer, they just make it where you can take action against someone when they break that law.

Because a person has used the incorrect gender restroom isn't what should be illegal. ..because the person is peeking over/under a stall, taking photos of people in the restroom, assaulting or laying hands on someone else, or is simply doing something that benefits them sexually....that should remain illegal. Those things have been going on since the beginning of public restrooms even though we have had a separation of genders in the public restroom.

Any laws that have been brought up to replace the gender specific restrooms were intended to accomodate those people who truly feel they are in the wrong body, or have such an opposite gender side that they feel more normal dressed as that gender, and all they want to be able to do is go to the public restroom to relieve themselves without being arrested.

From what I've read, the law trying to keep transgenders out has nothing to do with making things safer and everything about just making the anti -transgender feel better.

Those people dressing as women to get into the lady's rooms to prey on women and children are not transgender...they are perverts who have been doing this in the past and their actions would still be illegal even if the law were changed.

Public restroom battle

Quote Originally Posted by marathon man View Post

There is no need to remodel restrooms, and the only reason someone might need a bathroom cop would be to enforce this latest restroom law NC has put into place requiring their birth certificate gender to match which restroom they are using.

Public restroom battle

Okay, lets' say I am for all appearances a male. But, I feel like I want to go into the ladies room. By forcing me to shave my beard, alter my appearance and physical attributes, you are messing with my rights. I am sure not many of the ladies in the room are going to feel like I don't belong there. You have to draw the line somewhere. Some things are best left alone.
    The only reason I can think you would "want" to go into the opposite gender's restroom when you aren't transgender would be for some perverted sexual reason. Changing your appearance isn't going to make your perversion any less illegal.

Public restroom battle

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    Are there any lines? Is there any reason boys, (who self identify as female of course,) shouldn't feel free to use the girls locker room after gym class? Strip down and shower with the girls and to be fair, girls... females who self identify as male in the boys locker room and showers? How about at the fitness club? Should cities adopt building codes for new gym facilities mandating one communal locker/dressing/shower facility for all patrons?
    Personally I have always thought gym class locker rooms are a little too exposed. I'm not familiar with the men's locker rooms other than what I've seen on tv or movies...but if they are as open as they are portrayed to be, I have always just thought that is weird. The gym class locker room was one of the places I absolutely hated and was always uncomfortable with. The first year I didn't have to take gym I didnt...mainly because of how public that locker room was.

Do you think there are any problems with the locker rooms right now having the same gender in them, but some of those people in that same gender are attracted to that gender?

The only reason I can think you would "want" to go into the opposite gender's restroom when you aren't transgender would be for some perverted sexual reason. Changing your appearance isn't going to make your perversion any less illegal.

I think there are people that would use the opposite sex bathroom just to,prove how cool they are or just because they want to push the boundaries even further. I have a few die hard progressive "friends"on Facebook who claim they would. Of course saying and doing aren't the same ...

I posted my response to this issue on the the lawyer page by accident. My point is that as an adult I have a certain amount of logic that minors do not have. We are requiring minors to assume the same responsibilities of adults by allowing this gender bender deal to be required. I that is all wrong.

Personally I have always thought gym class locker rooms are a little too exposed. I'm not familiar with the men's locker rooms other than what I've seen on tv or movies...but if they are as open as they are portrayed to be, I have always just thought that is weird. The gym class locker room was one of the places I absolutely hated and was always uncomfortable with. The first year I didn't have to take gym I didnt...mainly because of how public that locker room was.
    Remember that feeling of discomfort or anxiety that you had in the locker room? Why should my wife or daughters be subjected to that type of anxiety just to appease or "accommodate" someone who isn't what he "identifies" with? This is carrying political or social correctness to an absurd level.
    If the "transgender" feels uncomfortable going to the men's room or the ladies' room, that is the result of a CHOICE they made, not something that is thrust upon them against their will. Accommodating them by forcing anxiety on the "non-transgendered" is not right in any way, shape, or form.
    I have a feeling that in states that allow men into ladies' restrooms, we are going to see a huge increase in the number of restroom shootings. Better for the transgenders to be uncomfortable and anxious than for my wife or daughters to be uncomfortable and anxious, because it's THEIR choice!

Wouldn't you agree that "transgender" bathrooms make it easier for predators to "get through the door"? Females should not have to feel apprehensive about going into a room to relieve themselves.
    With the laws as they now are in Texas, there is at least SOME degree of comfort in knowing that if a guy goes into a gal's restroom, he's gonna come out "transgendered".

Whats to stop a man at a bar, who sees a good looking woman walk into restroom, and follows her in. All he has to say is he fells like a woman at the moment. Maybe he feels like a lesbian woman, and will try something with her. Its just wrong.

Public restroom battle

I think there are people that would use the opposite sex bathroom just to,prove how cool they are or just because they want to push the boundaries even further. I have a few die hard progressive "friends"on Facebook who claim they would. Of course saying and doing aren't the same ...
    And if they did....they would be doing something that would be as illegal as it is for a transgender to use the opposite restroom now. Just because people will abuse a law, just because some will try to use the law to prey on others (as pointed out before, that's going on now), doesn't mean a law can't exist that allows all people to use the restroom that most aligns with where they most appear to belong. Don't ask don't tell might work well with the beginning of this....it's nobody's business what they have in their pants or under their dress...unless they are doing something illegal. No one is allowed to prey on others in either restroom regardless of their physical or mental make up. It's just as simple as that.

Simple, nope. I can walk into any bathroom just because I feel different today. Bull, leave it like is, inboard and outboards.

, doesn't mean a law can't exist that allows all people to use the restroom that most aligns with where they most appear to belong. Don't ask don't tell might work well with the beginning of this.... No one is allowed to prey on others in either restroom regardless of their physical or mental make up. It's just as simple as that.

Why does a law have to exist? What will it accomplish by passing a law to require others to accept your insecurities? We all knew when family businesses were forced to provide services to everyone, without consideration of the businesses' beliefs, we were opening up a can of worms. Well, here are the worms.

A lock on a single or two restrooms takes care of the private problem for most.
    A knuckle sandwich takes care of the rest, I do not recommend this in Bakersfield, California.
    They are forcing us to resort to violence to protect our modesty, virtue & pride, it would be a criminal law.

Why does a law have to exist? What will it accomplish by passing a law to require others to accept your insecurities? We all knew when family businesses were forced to provide services to everyone, without consideration of the businesses' beliefs, we were opening up a can of worms. Well, here are the worms.
    As I said before.. laws have to exist so you can have someone arrested if they are doing something that causes someone else harm. I presume there is some law on the books of most places that a guy can be arrested if he's caught in a women's restroom. I'm not sure I'm real keen on a law that may be so loosely worded that it allows for feelings to decide which restroom to use, but I don't think someone should be arrested because they are doing nothing more than doing their business in the restroom that they think they will cause the lease amount of controversy.

Problem is we have passed so many laws that the local and federal governments can not afford to prosecute the offenders. Those folks that enforce the laws are spread thin or have their hands tied when it comes to enforcement.

I think Target's move to support the Transgender community has caused a lot of the anxiety and confused people. When someone asks a Target rep to explain their new policy, they say that anyone can go to the bathroom where they self-identify. You can't really police that. It is too broad. A man or woman could decide on a whim to change. Which is terrifying some women who are rape survivors.

As I said before.. laws have to exist so you can have someone arrested if they are doing something that causes someone else harm. I presume there is some law on the books of most places that a guy can be arrested if he's caught in a women's restroom. I'm not sure I'm real keen on a law that may be so loosely worded that it allows for feelings to decide which restroom to use, but I don't think someone should be arrested because they are doing nothing more than doing their business in the restroom that they think they will cause the lease amount of controversy.
    Those laws already exist, why must we pass more laws? When we start passing laws to prevent people from having hurt feelings or passing a law just to make someone feel good, we have gone too far.

If I am feeling a little sissy today and go in the girl's room they cannot arrest for being there, that does not make much sense. I guess as long as I just don't touch anyone I am not breaking the law, right?

As usual the majority has to put up with the "Wants: of the perverts. As for me the businesses that approve of this idiocy will never have my business again !!!!!!!!

Personally I stand with Target. If they want me to shop elsewhere, then I will gladly oblige.

I had a woman walk into the mens restroom while in Florida. It was a VERY uncomfortable.

Saw this link on Facebook and had to share it here. A very interesting read.
    Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons
    https://baptistnews.com/2016/05/13/s...ender-persons/

And... I couldn't believe I had to go to the 2nd page to find this thread! I know, I know.. posts used to move to the 2nd page in a matter of hours rather than a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Julie; 05-15-2016 at 08:17 PM.

This is not a complicated issue for me. At the risk of offending.......if you have a penis, you belong in the men's restroom; if not you belong in the women's restroom....problem solved.

If not you belong in the women's restroom....problem solved.
    That may have solved your problem but what about men that has one? Specifics mutton head Specifics.

So did you hear, the bathroom battle has moved to the dressing room. A woman heard a man's voice in the dressing rooms at Ross and when she asked the attendant, she was told that the man was identifying as a woman that day and if she was uncomfortable she would have to wait until he was done. She said when he came out, she expected to see some feminine signs, but he had on jeans, t-shirt and 5 o'clock shadow. Nothing that would have made her think he felt like a she.

So did you hear, the bathroom battle has moved to the dressing room. A woman heard a man's voice in the dressing rooms at Ross and when she asked the attendant, she was told that the man was identifying as a woman that day and if she was uncomfortable she would have to wait until he was done. She said when he came out, she expected to see some feminine signs, but he had on jeans, t-shirt and 5 o'clock shadow. Nothing that would have made her think he felt like a she.
    This is not about someone who identifies as a woman "that day". I find that story a little hard to believe (but then you are talking Ross so I have to take that into consideration).

I'll be the first to say that I don't understand the idea of transgender at all. I'm also not too keen on moving this battle down to school aged kids.. especially elementary school aged kids. Someone at that age doesn't know who they are. I think a parent going along with a kid's opinion that they feel like they should be the opposite sex is telling the child that there is something wrong with their body (I saw an article about parents allowing their male child to be referred to as a she because that's what he felt he should be).

If... as the article linked above says... transgender doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation... then why can't it just be okay for a boy to play with dolls or like pink? Let them find their way with what they like and don't like but their body is still what it is. It was ok for me to wear jeans and play football and hang with the guys when I was a kid. I could help my dad with the car repairs, climb trees and grumble if I had to wear a dress or dress shoes and no one gave me any flack about it. I wanted to do a lot of the things the boys did, but I don't recall ever wanting to be a boy or thinking I was a boy. But.. then I think females are allowed by society to be tomboys without any stigma attached. Boys don't have that privilege. The term tomboy isn't a bad one... a boy that acts feminine is called demeaning names like sissy or worse. Maybe because we make fun of boys if they aren't all rough-and-tumble-like, they feel those feminine tendencies must mean they should have been a girl. It is easier to try to look the part they feel so they won't get harassed like they would if they are a known boy enjoying a tea party with the girls.

Men seem to be the most vocal about all this and over and over I see the comments against the male transgender using the women's room but the men's room doesn't seem to be a problem. Maybe it is the very intolerance of males for other males that aren't male enough that is causing a lot of this.

Julie, I think you are over-simplifying the situation. In my mind, it has NOTHING to do with true transgenders. True transgenders have been using restrooms with no problems whatsoever for years and years.
    This whole debate is about the Federal government telling us that we have to erase all references to gender differences and allow men into women's private areas and vice-versa. The reason for the uproar is because we can foresee the abuse of this so-called law, allowing men unprecedented access to those who are more vulnerable to abuse. It not only allows abusive men access to victims, but also intrudes upon our right to privacy.
    Here's what I really don't understand about those who support the presidential directive... remember the furor over the government telling us that we MUST wear seat belts in our privately-owned vehicles? People were very upset about the over-reach of Federal authority, yet they eagerly support a Federal directive that is much more intrusive than safety belts!

As for your statement that men seem to be the most vocal about all this, that is very true. Men consider it a badge of honor when he is in a position to protect a woman. Like it or not, that's just a part of human nature. Women are nurturers and men are protectors. I know that statement is politically incorrect, but its just the way it is in the minds of most men. They have a sense of duty to protect females from any perceived threat. Allowing men to enter an area where a woman expects privacy creates an environment where women are endangered, and instincts kick into play. That's why men are more vocal about this unlawful directive from our pretender-in-chief.
    OK, fire away!

Good post Cecil.
    Not that this will have any effect on the matter, one of these day's the truth will come out about the Obamas. They are not what they appear in public nor not what they try to portray as a family.

I'm not sure it is just men who are vocal. I have read many stories from women who have been raped. Many say they are experiencing a lot of anxiety.

You think Odumbo would just watch as a man walked into a bathroom after his daughters entered it?? I somehow doubt it

Personally, I am sick and tired of the whole LGBT thing. I DON'T CARE!!! When I grew up, it was considered perverted. I'm just saying....

Yeah, what he said!

If your child was anorexic, would you try to convince them they were fat? Very interesting article below. It is okay for boys to like cooking and girls to like hammers, don't over-analyze things.

http://illinoisfamily.org/uncategorized/pediatricians-call-it-what-it-is-child-abuse/