Thread: Can it be fixed?

Can it be fixed?

Does anyone think there is a way to keep extreme/mentally-off people from killing a lot of people in one attack?

Personally, I don't think you can stop people from going over the edge, but I do think you can slow down how many they kill in one attack.

If you are leaning towards gun control you don't have my line of thought. We have plenty of gun laws in effect, we just don't enforce them. Making more will just muddy the water and create more of slow down in the existing system. One of the areas that have been slacked off on by the federal government is the background system. You will not get automatic weapons or assault rifles out of the hands of the folks that want to use them for mass murder by taking them off the market. Might as well take fertilizer off the market that was what was used in Oklahoma bombing. Let's get rid of those pressure cookers too, some of these canners out there can be dangerous.

I'm not sure because no one ever really talks about. The conversations jump to gun control and any objective conversation on gun control is impossible because the voice that says zero guns is so loud it brings out the other extreme that says zero controls. How did a man that had been interviewed by the FBI multiple times buy a gun legally? I've heard interviews from the FBI pointing at the DOJ tieing their hands. What is the balance of protecting the rights of the mentally ill or those with possible criminal backgrounds against the larger society?

State of Texas has without doubt has kept mental illness care at a low priority for 50 years or more. And we have always been a well to do state with reasonable taxes.
    Until you get Austin involved, I see no hope in any change there.
    In other States it is pretty much the same, very little spent in long term care.
    In a way Trump is correct in fighting the wholesale importation of the Muslims, this Country is not nor ever be prepared for the hatred they will spew out.
    Most will settle in one or two major centers and be a continuous source of fighting & killing. They will not meld into this Country's population, and anyone of them that do will be an outsider.
    You have the Feds messing with the States in immigration and the States are not prepared for it.
    I have had business dealings with the trash here in Dallas, you never accept a bank check from one. Most are nothing but trash because they think they are superior to the infidel.
    The crap is going to hit the fan in a few years if not tomorrow & we can thank that idiot in the White house for the problem.
    As far as the first State to go Muslim will be Mi. look for it.
    In small towns & such if just a few families peer pressure will force a meld, that will not happen in a Metro area

What everyone needs to remember we have a federal police department called the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    They have did one poor job of protecting us against bombers & other mass killers all though they have been targets of their inquiries more than once or twice.
    But yet we are about to get trampled on by disgusting politician's for life that have been on the dole so long with body guards that they think they next to American Royalty.

This is reprint of a statement made else where.
    Impudence at it's highest level.
    In the wake of the Orlando massacre the Obama administration is now stepping up it's Syrian refugee admission program.
    This man hates America. His wife hates America. He is living up to his promise of transforming America. In a way that makes us less secure. He wants to bring the United States to it's knees so we will be on par with other third world countries.
    Last edited by mingus108; 06-16-2016 at 04:48 AM.

The problem with keeping suspected criminals from buying guns is that there is a thing called "Due Process". Before you give up any rights you must be found guilty of a crime. You must answer the charges, and face your accuser.

Take the no fly list for example..... You can be put on it with no proof of any wrong doing. Then it takes a minimum of six months fight to get off it.

So now odumbo thinks conservatives are as big of threat for terrorism as Islamic extremists. So now ALL conservatives must be looked at??

This could get real sticky. Hang on, and load up.
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

There is no "easy fix" to this problem. There are obviously people that should never be in possession of a firearm. Who gets to set the standard? How long should you be on a "no fly list" before due process? Should you be on a "no fly list" without notification? That alone is a violation of our Constitution. Since when is it okay for your rights to be taken away without a fair trial? Someone dear to me has had a felony charge hanging for almost 2 years. The justice system won't bring it to trial, but won't drop the charges. People have lives to continue and in this case, a state license to renew. A felony charge becomes a problem when trying to renew a state license. What happened to the right to a "speedy trial"?

"Can it be fixed"? Yes, it can. We need to identify the problem before fixing it. There is no way to prevent every incident, there is no way to know the intent of every person, there is not way to prevent all the things that "might" happen.

The system is what is broken. People are basically the same now as they have always been, The process of dealing with problems has changed. Forget all the political correct bs and deal with the problems. This is why a dip$hit like Trump can become the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party. Most people to the right of center are fed up with all the political correctness and kowtowing as to not hurt anyone's feelings. Not having your feelings hurt is not protected in the Bill of Rights. When we get back to The Constitution, and The Bill of Rights, rather than political correctness, we will see results.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Trump is a New York product of the rough & tumble mover & shakers of that area.
    The reason most do not like New York, the Trumps of the area stands to be the main reason.
    You think he is bad you should tangle with one of the old hard shell old Jews that still wear the old black hats.
    Keeping charges against an individual is the favorite methods of the Palo Pinto County Attorney & the DAs office. You are being punished by it costing & insulting you.
    Even the bail Bond business were talking about the unnecessary arrests. Fight it with tooth & nail. It is dirty & crooked

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    The reason most do not like New York, the Trumps of the area stands to be the main reason.
    This part of your post is "maybe" relevant to this thread. The rest needs to have pine tar rubbed on it. Please keep on subject.

Is Florida a "concealed carry" state?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Lamb, from an Internet search it appears they are and have been for a long time.

New information that the store where the shooter purchased the firearm reported him and the purchase to the FBI.

Most states exclude bars for concealed carry. The 51% rule is the most common method to establish it as a "Gun Free Zone". These mass shooting seem to only happen in "Gun Free Zones".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This part of your post is "maybe" relevant to this thread. The rest needs to have pine tar rubbed on it. Please keep on subject.
    I am on the subject, it happen to me and I am more God Damn relevant than you ever thought about.

You think he is bad you should tangle with one of the old hard shell old Jews that still wear the old black hats.
    Keeping charges against an individual is the favorite methods of the Palo Pinto County Attorney & the DAs office. You are being punished by it costing & insulting you.
    Even the bail Bond business were talking about the unnecessary arrests. Fight it with tooth & nail. It is dirty & crooked

You are a broken record. How is this on target.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    You are a broken record. How is this on target.[/B]
    You are so full of crap your eyeballs are brown. Up your rear.

You are so full of crap your eyeballs are brown. Up your rear.
    You are a bitter, crude person. Its no wonder your family and others don't like you. People full of rage such as yourself shouldn't be allowed to buy firearms.

You are a bitter, crude person. Its no wonder your family and others don't like you. People full of rage such as yourself shouldn't be allowed to buy firearms.
    You blooming idiot, you should have your kinder garden play time taken away.

You lying POS!! You have no clue about me, because I don't take any crap off idiots like you.
    You start crying I am rude, you are a idiot.

Yet you take up for lying stealing law enforcement & crooked judges.
    You are as bad as they are.

You lying POS!! You have no clue about me, because I don't take any crap off idiots like you.
    You start crying I am rude, you are a idiot.

Yet you take up for lying stealing law enforcement & crooked judges.
    You are as bad as they are.
    Thank you.

Thank you.
    That is all anyone should hear out of you.

What about, " your welcome"? The Eastland Gardeners, Yacht and Hot Rod Club, stick together. You have been running with Willey Price too long Mingus

They need to get it in gear and file charges on Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    What about, " your welcome"? The Eastland Gardeners, Yacht and Hot Rod Club, stick together. You have been running with Willey Price too long Mingus
    Include yourself in this, I have mine the old toots club beat your crap hands down.

Someone dear to me has had a felony charge hanging for almost 2 years. The justice system won't bring it to trial, but won't drop the charges. People have lives to continue and in this case, a state license to renew. A felony charge becomes a problem when trying to renew a state license. What happened to the right to a "speedy trial"?
    Dear ole Dave brought this subject up himself This same thing has happen to me by way of false charges. So don't say another damn word to me you damn Hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    Lamb, from an Internet search it appears they are and have been for a long time.

New information that the store where the shooter purchased the firearm reported him and the purchase to the FBI.
    So back on the real topic... I made an error when I said the FBI was contacted when he purchased the firearm... It was actually when he tried to buy body armor and bulk ammo.

I'll bet the red flag was raised when the person tried to buy body armor. I don't think it is too unusual to see people buy bulk ammo.

I'll bet the red flag was raised when the person tried to buy body armor. I don't think it is too unusual to see people buy bulk ammo.
    There were a red flag raised but the FBI ignored it.

Obama got away with workplace violence for Ft Hood, but never will it be called Islamic terrorism.
    How can he when he is Muslim & his main White House adviser is a Iranian Muslim. He promised change not what was expected in change by the idiots that that voted for him but change for Muslims.
    For all intent & purpose this Country was constructed by Free Masons. It has been free for over 2 hundred years, a symbol & outpost for freedom. But a another Obama, Sanders or Hilary. You can kiss it goodbye. The Democrat voters out there now are voting themselves a piece of the public dole they expect to receive.
    Last edited by mingus108; 06-17-2016 at 06:35 PM.

That needs to appear on the front page of every newspaper, stream on all public media, and headline every tv news station!

It needs to be updated. Chattonooga was some time ago. The two middle columns remain the same.

It needs to be updated. Chattonooga was some time ago. The two middle columns remain the same.
    It needs to be there along with the failures like Garland, Texas attempt
    Last edited by mingus108; 06-18-2016 at 03:57 AM.

The Senate rejected all 4 gun control bills!!!!!! Yea!!

Maybe, finally, some of the anti-gun nuts realized that it takes a human to actually "pull the trigger". Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

I think this article explains how the Obamas of the this Country operates.

Whitewashing Islamic Terrorism

Appearing on NBC's weekend talk show "Meet the Press" yesterday, Attorney General Loretta Lynch made a stunning announcement. In flatly contradictory remarks made almost in the same breath, Lynch declared that the FBI would be releasing only "a partial transcript" of Omar Mateen's calls to 911 and the Orlando Police Department's hostage negotiating team.

Responding to questioning from host Chuck Todd as to why the transcripts were being edited, Lynch said, "What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda."

She then added, "We're trying to get as much information about this investigation out as possible." Clearly, the administration is not trying to get out as much information as possible.

Here we have a blatant admission that the Obama White House is once again trying to whitewash radical Islamic terrorism. And to what end?

As we reported Friday, 48% of the country sees this as an Islamic attack, which is shockingly low given all that we already know. Yet in spite of all we know, 41% of Americans think Orlando was all about gun violence.

This ideologically-driven administration is doing everything it can to intentionally tilt public opinion toward the narrative that this had nothing to do with Islam, and specifically nothing to do with ISIS.

It is hard to imagine how we got here as a nation, but think about that for a moment. The attorney general just admitted the government is censoring information about a terrorist attack. And as we noted last week, it is also regularly lying to us about the danger we face from so-called "lone wolves."

UPDATE: News is breaking now that Justice Department has relented under withering public pressure. The department is re-issuing full, unredacted versions of Mateen's 911 calls.

DHS In Denial

Denial runs deep within the Obama Administration. The Department of Homeland Security's Advisory Council has produced a report warning government officials against the use of "religiously-charged terminology," including phrases like "jihad" and "sharia."

Attorney General Lynch evidently got an advance copy of the report and appears to be acting on its recommendations. Obama's refusal to utter the words "radical Islamic terrorism" is being codified into official policy throughout the entire federal bureaucracy.

How do we end up with absurd policies like this? There is an old adage that might explain it -- "Personnel is policy." And two members of the advisory council really stand out.
    Salam Al-Marayati, once suggested that Israel was behind the 9/11 attacks. "If we're going to look at suspects, we should look to the groups that benefit the most from these kinds of incidents, and I think we should put the state of Israel on the suspect list," Al-Marayati said during a radio interview just 24 hours after the attacks. In his view, the 9/11 attacks "divert attention from" Israel's "aggression and occupation and apartheid policies."
    And then there is Laila Alawa, a 25 year-old Syrian immigrant. Two years ago, she commented that "9/11 changed the world for good, and there's no other way to say it."

Alawa has clearly immersed herself in the left's hatred for America. She once tweeted that people who believe America "is the best nation in the world" were "idiots." Moreover, she has a total lack of appreciation for our values, especially the First Amendment. She has regularly attacked Pamela Geller and the entire concept of "freedom of speech."

How are these people in any position whatsoever to be advising the Department of Homeland Security?

The Assault On Our Values

While the Obama Administration is busy whitewashing any references to Islam and ISIS from the Orlando terror attacks, some media outlets are going above and beyond to support the left's bizarre narrative. To give you some idea of how warped the left's worldview is, just consider two recent reports from the New York Times.

On June 15th, just three days after the Orlando attacks, the Times wrote a story strongly implying that conservative Christians were partly responsible for the atrocity carried out by a radical Islamist. The story alleged that the Apostle Paul ordered Christians to execute homosexuals and that the controversy over transgendered bathrooms in the public schools was fueling a rise in hate crimes.

Anyone familiar with Paul's writings knows that is complete nonsense. Sadly, this is the kind of "tolerance" Christians can come to expect from the left.

And when the Times finished bashing Christians, it offered its sympathy for Muslims. On June 18th, the left's flagship newspaper ran a story about how the Orlando shootings had robbed young New York City Muslims of the joys of Ramadan. Does anyone seriously believe the New York Times would be empathizing with Christians if an abortion clinic were attacked during Easter?

The left's intentional ignorance about Islam is only matched by its ignorance of Christianity. Its chosen ignorance of the Koran is how the left gets away with whitewashing terrorism, while its chosen ignorance of Christianity is how it gets away with smearing that faith.

The Violent Left
    Freedom of speech and respect for differing opinions are hallmarks of Western Civilization and American political discourse. Sadly, however, the left has little to no respect for diverse opinions and is increasingly expressing itself in violent ways. Some on the left even defend violence and rioting.

I'm all for peaceful protest, and counter-protest, even when it's obnoxious and offensive. But violence isn't protected and can't be condoned. Read more in my latest opinion piece in USA Today.