Thread: When was it?

When was it?

I'm trying to figure out exactly when America was the great that Trump is trying get us back to?

He is just drunk with winning he will sober up in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I'm trying to figure out exactly when America was the great that Trump is trying get us back to?
    I was a child in the 50s with Ike, a thirty-something in the 80s with Reagan. Life was pretty good for me during that span. Everyone I knew was proud to be an American. No American dignitary bowed to a foreign king, apologized for being an American, and executive orders were unheard of by Americans.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

I Voted for Reagan both times. I prospered in those years. Now between high taxes, and paying a fine for not having healthcare, I am in a 30% tax bracket. Cant afford my own insurance but I pay for someone else to have it! I guess that's a fee for my white privilege!!
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

I can't speak for the Donald, but I remember a time things were manufactured in the U.S. They might cost more, but most people were willing to pay a little more for a superior product. People were proud to be an American and would say the Pledge of Allegiance and at least move their lips to the National Anthem. I can remember people asking churches to help them when they had lost their job or had medical expenses, rather than depending on a generational welfare system. There used to be consequences for bad decisions and behavior, punishment for breaking our laws, and a desire to achieve. I can remember when it was rare to hear a curse word in a public place, especially from an employee working in a public place. Private sector employees were in the majority. Federal, state, county, city, and school entities should not be the largest employers in any area. With employees of all levels of government, unemployed, and those no longer looking for work, our source of revenue continues to shrink. We have run out of "other people's money". I remember a time, the most you could get back on a tax return, was the amount you actually paid in. Imagine that concept, only being able to get a 100% return. Wow.

So, we have reached a point we supposedly need millions of ILLEGAL immigrants to do the jobs Americans won't do because we make it easier for them to be on welfare. We have no manufacturing jobs to pay middle class wages, making it affordable for farmers to pay American citizens to harvest their crops.

As long as we continue to pay healthy citizens to sit at home without working, outsource middle class jobs, and bring in ILLEGAL immigrants to harvest our crops and themselves use the benefits of our very liberal welfare system, we are not working towards a solution, just a disaster.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Very well-spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I can't speak for the Donald, but I remember a time things were manufactured in the U.S. They might cost more, but most people were willing to pay a little more for a superior product. People were proud to be an American and would say the Pledge of Allegiance and at least move their lips to the National Anthem. I can remember people asking churches to help them when they had lost their job or had medical expenses, rather than depending on a generational welfare system. There used to be consequences for bad decisions and behavior, punishment for breaking our laws, and a desire to achieve. I can remember when it was rare to hear a curse word in a public place, especially from an employee working in a public place. Private sector employees were in the majority. Federal, state, county, city, and school entities should not be the largest employers in any area. With employees of all levels of government, unemployed, and those no longer looking for work, our source of revenue continues to shrink. We have run out of "other people's money". I remember a time, the most you could get back on a tax return, was the amount you actually paid in. Imagine that concept, only being able to get a 100% return. Wow.

So, we have reached a point we supposedly need millions of ILLEGAL immigrants to do the jobs Americans won't do because we make it easier for them to be on welfare. We have no manufacturing jobs to pay middle class wages, making it affordable for farmers to pay American citizens to harvest their crops.

As long as we continue to pay healthy citizens to sit at home without working, outsource middle class jobs, and bring in ILLEGAL immigrants to harvest our crops and themselves use the benefits of our very liberal welfare system, we are not working towards a solution, just a disaster.
    How many here can say they have spent days in the cotton fields picking cotton? Or spent weeks in the pecan orchards? Just to earn money? In our success in raising our standard of living has been pissed away by liberals & greedy Corporations searching for cheaper labor.
    We are victims of our own success & being lax in selecting our leaders. The Democrat Party is no longer the Party of our fathers.
    The next 8 years under another leader like Obama like the last 8 will be the end of this Country as we knew it.
    When they said we no longer need God in our party that was a glaring admission they know more than God.

Sorry for the mistakes 8 weeks of chemo for the last 8 months put a damper on me.
    Last edited by mingus108; 07-29-2016 at 09:00 PM.