Thread: Seriously?

Seriously?

No one has posted to this site in four days?
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Would the last one out please turn off the light?

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Seriously?

I've been slightly busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never a stranger in Ranger! and I DO NOT SUPPORT gay rights

I would and want to respond but I seem to only be able to type my responses on my iPad and that makes me miserable. On any of my Windows computers, I can only type about one line of text and then no more.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBritches View Post
    ... On any of my Windows computers, I can only type about one line of text and then no more.
    Then what happens?

Testing 123: I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.

Apparently I lack some particular perversion which today's employer is seeking. I doubt very seriously whether anyone will hire me.

Employers sense in me a denial of their values. They fear me. I suspect that they can see that I am forced to function in a century I loathe. This was true even when I worked for the New Orleans Public Library.

Is my paranoia getting completely out of hand, or are you mongoloids really talking aout me?

You could tell by the way he talked, though, that he had gone to school a long time. That was probably what was wrong with him.

I mingle with my peers or no one, and since I have no peers, I mingle with no one.

Well, what do you expect? The human body, when confined, produces certain odors which we tend to forget in this age of deodorants and other perversions. Actually, I find the atmosphere of this room rather comforting. Schiller needed the scent of apples rotting in his desk in order to write. I, too, have my needs. you may remember that Mark Twain preferred to lie supinely in bed while composing those rather dated and boring efforts which contemporary scholars try to prove meaningful. Veneration of Mark Twain is one of the roots of our current intellectual stalemate.

As soon as I start typing the second sentence, a picture of "The Hilldabeast" comes up in the corner of my screen with the caption "I'm watching you!!". See....there it goes again!
    Let's Make the Spin Great Again!!

It takes many seconds to type a single character and I can't mouse and click to a new location. All kinds of devices, laptop. desktop, Surface book and I have tried all three browsers, doesn't matter the Windows OS. Has to be related to my profile, but I have never figured out what it might be. Has been going on a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    I try occasionally to spark interest, but nobody wants to play with me. Julie asked a question and must have received her answer, or not.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I try occasionally to spark interest, but nobody wants to play with me. Julie asked a question and must have received her answer, or not.
    I feel you, Dave. It seems every time I post, I am either lambasted or ridiculed. I get really tired of disrespect. You have always been the voice of reason along with Julie and George (I am beginning to wonder about him after his last post lol). This is my living room. I am lost without it. (sigh)

I would and want to respond but I seem to only be able to type my responses on my iPad and that makes me miserable. On any of my Windows computers, I can only type about one line of text and then no more.
    I have had problems in the past with typing on the Spin. I have to hit the hell out of the key and finally it types.. and then maybe types a couple of more letters then lags....bang, bang, bang on key to get one letter to show up... then I would get mad and leave. Actually, I doubt the force I was hitting the key made any difference in it showing up.. but it's sorta like when I shake my phone to try to get the internet to work on it. I also multi push elevator buttons.

It seemed to be browser related I think (and now I can't remember which browser seemed to be giving the problem.. IE?) and I haven't had it happen in a long time.
    Last edited by Julie; 08-02-2016 at 09:14 PM.

I looked once and read a couple of posts, but got busy elsewhere and lost interest.

Maybe we should each be assigned a day that we have to post something on the Spin. That should cover a full week I think. Which day do you want, Lamb? I'll take whatever day is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I looked once and read a couple of posts, but got busy elsewhere and lost interest.
    Okay.. I went over and checked out that thread again. I remember now.. there was too much to respond to and it overwhelmed me. Maybe I'll get a 2nd wind and hit that thread sometime soon.

Maybe we should each be assigned a day that we have to post something on the Spin. That should cover a full week I think. Which day do you want, Lamb? I'll take whatever day is left.

Assign me a day, Julie. I am here everyday that I am alive. I simply cannot get through a day without my "Spin" fix. How about Monday?

BTW, I have an iMac which is seven years old, regularly updated, without viruses and has never given me any of the problems discussed previously. I use my iPhone for just that........a phone.

BTW, I have an iMac which is seven years old, regularly updated, without viruses and has never given me any of the problems discussed previously. I use my iPhone for just that........a phone.
    I try to use my phone for everything except texting and talking. I don't like texting (keyboard way to small) and I hate talking on the phone because it takes up one of my hands and leaves the other hand with very little it can do by itself. Find my bluetooth device and I'll talk to you while I'm doing the dishes, folding clothes or some other mindless task. My phone is used more as a mini computer. I left it in the car with my grandson the other day and couldn't believe that I reached for it at least twice to find answers in the short time I was away from the car. It has all the answers of the internet in it. I love the internet.

My computer time is my "quiet time". It is strictly for entertainment. I am easily amused.

That is what happens to me. I just created a new account to see if it something odd in my profile.

I have had problems in the past with typing on the Spin. I have to hit the hell out of the key and finally it types.. and then maybe types a couple of more letters then lags....bang, bang, bang on key to get one letter to show up... then I would get mad and leave. Actually, I doubt the force I was hitting the key made any difference in it showing up.. but it's sorta like when I shake my phone to try to get the internet to work on it. I also multi push elevator buttons.

It seemed to be browser related I think (and now I can't remember which browser seemed to be giving the problem.. IE?) and I haven't had it happen in a long time.

So now I'm testing a different browser. With Windows 10, I get MS Edge. Which I've never use. I hate it.

We'll see how well it works and see if I can write a complete story. I'd really rather not have a different profile, but I'm desperate to troubleshoot and try a lot of different things to get something to finally work.

I'm still typing. No issues yet. Looks like this might be the change I have to make. So now for the real test. I'll leave this silly post and respond to a real one. : )

So now I'm testing a different browser. With Windows 10, I get MS Edge. Which I've never use. I hate it.

We'll see how well it works and see if I can write a complete story. I'd really rather not have a different profile, but I'm desperate to troubleshoot and try a lot of different things to get something to finally work.

I'm still typing. No issues yet. Looks like this might be the change I have to make. So now for the real test. I'll leave this silly post and respond to a real one. : )
    I've used MS Edge a little bit... I notice I'm using it more and more. Some things I do one browser won't do it and I have to use another. Seems like all of them have their weak points and strong points. One thing that annoys me in Chrome (I think it is?).. I can't open an attachment in an email. I have only the choice to download it and then open it. I can save myself a lot of time if I can just open, copy and paste and then dispose of the email. I don't want to save it on my computer... that requires extra clean up time.

Download the Classic Shell that is compatible with Windows 10, it is the only way to go.
    It makes Windows 10 more stable & its coming out a bit at a time Windows 10 has better Mal ware protection. But I still don't trust it. Classic Shell brings back some features of Windows 7 which I like.

We are still wrestling with Windows 10, it is not as user friendly as my first wife. My tomatoes are doing ok though.

Thank you for the advice. It was kind of you to share. I'm fairly technical, so I love the concept of Windows 10. I could do without some of the crashes though. My job requires that I learn Windows 10, so I'll just have to push ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by mingus108 View Post
    Download the Classic Shell that is compatible with Windows 10, it is the only way to go.
    It makes Windows 10 more stable & its coming out a bit at a time Windows 10 has better Mal ware protection. But I still don't trust it. Classic Shell brings back some features of Windows 7 which I like.

We have 5 PCs but use 3, I saved some money here with this outfit on a Tablet today. For less than a hundred & no tax. I was bidding on this one but I got to figuring on sales tax & it was no bargain at all plus they charge the heck out of you in next-day mail service getting payment to them. https://www.renebates.com/a_list.php?id=239&cat=88

https://www.blinq.com/cat/electronic...s-all-in-ones/

This 6 items will be interesting, robot vacs everyone needs this.
    Selling 2 at a time, it is already at $555.00 not bad for 2. They list at $400.00 each.

https://www.renebates.com/a_list.php?id=239&cat=6

Where is everybody????????

Working goats mostly. I think a lot of folks have just gone to face book and staying busy with that. We still write letters in long hand so I guess we are a little behind times.

What I don't understand is why would you harm a small town forum owned by a lady that lives there? This is not even a question of being completive, just being mean.
    Take it out on me not the web site, you do wear big pants?

If you are referring to my post, you certainly got something out of context. If you don't watch out we will have the Twillers get you. I do have a mean bone in my body, it came from a rooster I consumed in some dumplings.

I REALLY don't like Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    If you are referring to my post, you certainly got something out of context. If you don't watch out we will have the Twillers get you. I do have a mean bone in my body, it came from a rooster I consumed in some dumplings.
    Uh oh, better watch out if the twillers come out...

I REALLY don't like Facebook!
    Me either.

Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    I bet that old rooster has a bad odor by now whew, If anything gets as bad as the old dead rooster
    you do have a problem.

Bump