Thread: School is starting

School is starting

Remember school is starting so drive safely. It is your responsibility to be smarter than the students.

Grandson starts tomorrow. Back to normal!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

Had someone get right on my bumper yesterday while going through new zone in front of Allsups, I guess they could not see the flashing yellow lights and speed limit sign.

How long has it been there?

Several weeks, but, it is hard to ignore the flashing lights and speed limit sign. They are going to paint the crosswalks soon for the kids to get across. Hope the motorists can at least see the kids crossing the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    Remember school is starting so drive safely. It is your responsibility to be smarter than the students.
    Look like the local police force would be all over this, school zone fines are not cheap. Just think how much the JP could make for his local Precinct.

Local police file their citations with Municipal Court, not JP office. Knowing the present Police Chief, I am sure his goal is safety, not dollars.

I would think that goes in hand in hand, but is it a State Rd? Who has the responsibility to paint the crossings? I think if a child's life in danger of a lead footed local, the goals need to be adjusted. Since this was posted the 21st surely it will not be another week before it has been taken care of.
    Last edited by mingus108; 08-28-2016 at 06:37 PM.