Thread: Testing 123

Testing 123

Test Test Test

"...democracy must be more than what the majority insists upon."
    Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope

Yes, it still works.
    Murphy was an optimist!

Too much me-me-me, my-my-my, and I-I-I on the Moan-Gus spin.

Someone dressed as a clown broke into a business in Cisco. Don't these clowns know this is an open carry state.
    Ne obliviscaris

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Too much me-me-me, my-my-my, and I-I-I on the Moan-Gus spin.
    I honestly don't think that's it. But if it is, I just tested the ignore feature and it still works too.

He is to damn dumb to know what ignore is.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    I honestly don't think that's it. But if it is, I just tested the ignore feature and it still works too.
    It is that for me, George. I don't handle insults well. I tried the ignore feature for a few weeks......couldn't stand not knowing.

BTW, Ignacious is an interesting character.
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

My point is.. The Spin was on life support well before mingus discovered us. Back in the day mingus wouldn't have stood out that much and I dare say he would have found compatriots here too.

The truth is we were struggling for relevance before the 2012 election. Once Miss Mally discovered the 19th hole we probably should have pulled the plug. Now everyone either moved on to Facebook, passed on from this life or just found other interests.

The Spin was fun while it lasted but it really isn't fair to blame any one Spinster for the demise when nobody else is posting anything and the drop off in activity preceded his joining our merry band by years.

What you say may be true, george, but The Spin has been a part of my life for so long it has become a part of me. I started as a lurker back when it was Gordon's Soap Box slowly becoming a part of the every-day posters until The Spin was the finale of my day. I lost another message board seven or eight years ago and seldom a days goes by that I don't look to see if someone has revived it. It was like losing a member of my family. I see what social media has done to The Spin and I know there is nothing I can do to stop the erosion. I just want you to know that I appreciate all that you and Julie have to done to provide us with a place to come every day to grouch, comment, praise, and pray. I don't know what I will do when the death knell happens.....shed a tear perhaps or rail against progress (?). I truly hate change. Just look at your avatar! How can I finish my day without seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    It is that for me, George. I don't handle insults well. I tried the ignore feature for a few weeks......couldn't stand not knowing.

BTW, Ignacious is an interesting character.
    I put up with your stupid insults once Do not expect the same the second time.

The spin deserves more than a couple of you have treated it SO please stay gone.

Can you hear me now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I hear you?

Yes you. She is the one and only, the owner. And you the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_george View Post
    My point is.. The Spin was on life support well before mingus discovered us. Back in the day mingus wouldn't have stood out that much and I dare say he would have found compatriots here too.

The truth is we were struggling for relevance before the 2012 election. Once Miss Mally discovered the 19th hole we probably should have pulled the plug. Now everyone either moved on to Facebook, passed on from this life or just found other interests.

The Spin was fun while it lasted but it really isn't fair to blame any one Spinster for the demise when nobody else is posting anything and the drop off in activity preceded his joining our merry band by years.
    mingus108 hijacks anything posted on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by cyotefishing View Post
    mingus108 hijacks anything posted on this board.
    EastlandSpin was great. I don't care much for MingusSpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    EastlandSpin was great. I don't care much for MingusSpin.
    The feeling is mutual, you insult me I insult you twofold. What is so hard to understand?

Whether you like it or not I was raised in that area, and I will be around just to keep you goats honest.

I dislike goats & have for many years since the mohair days, I bet none of you jokers every had to clean mohair.

I had the misfortune to haul the last load off of the old Copeland Ranch in Strawn many years ago. But I damn near got a lifetime of cold beer from Bill Copeland for doing it & not billing him for it..

Nobody cares.

Nobody cares.
    Hard to get interested in someone talking to themselves. Started by Mingus108, 6 replies, all by Mingus108, 5-star rating.

Nobody cares.
    Stick it in your left ear.
    Last edited by mingus108; 10-09-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hard to get interested in someone talking to themselves. Started by Mingus108, 6 replies, all by Mingus108, 5-star rating.
    From members that dislike your goats, are you really as dumb as you appear?
    Trying to destroy the spin with your BLM practice's?

Is this mic on?

Hey.. I can post!

For some reason I've had a problem posting from my laptop and, after checking last night, my Venue Pro tablet also gave me the same results. I would get a redirecting error, page not found error or some other error somewhere along the path of getting into the site, clicking on What's on your mind, clicking on a thread, or trying to post in the quick reply or reply to thread.

I cleared the cookies in all browsers (they were all giving me the same results), rebooted and it seems to have cleared up.

Anyone else running into any problems? Of course if you are having the problems I did, you won't be able to reply to let us know you are having problems.

Ok... Now I can respond to some of the things I'm reading here.

I've never understood why people can't scroll past or simply ignore things they don't want to read or see. I often read about a sentence or two of some post, realize I'm not interested or it irritates me, and I just move on.

The biggest problem with doing that on the Spin now, is that the subject content is pretty thin. The only way to resolve that is for some of you who don't care to read the Mingus threads to bring your own opinions, subjects that interest you, or hoorays and boos to the board.

Good advice, Julie!

I just ran into the problem I was having with not being able to get pages to load correctly again here today. Problems with Firefox and Chrome. I'm on Microsoft Edge right now and got a previous post to finally post. We'll see if it will work twice when I click on the post button here. Not sure why it worked a couple of days and then quit. It's like it's trying to redirect to Facebook or something.

iMac

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I just ran into the problem I was having with not being able to get pages to load correctly again here today. Problems with Firefox and Chrome. I'm on Microsoft Edge right now and got a previous post to finally post. We'll see if it will work twice when I click on the post button here. Not sure why it worked a couple of days and then quit. It's like it's trying to redirect to Facebook or something.
    Edge was & is so unstable that is why a group of nerds came out with Classic Shell for Windows 10. It lets you still use the best parts of Explorer.

Been working on a rain water recovery tank. Not been on the spin much. Thing is a small family is sometimes better than a big. As far as Mingus goes, it is hard to understand where he is coming from sometimes. I just blow him off. Got two and half inches of rain out of this last event. Oats and rye are coming up and my happy goats are browsing in style. Thank you Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy JP View Post
    Been working on a rain water recovery tank. Not been on the spin much. Thing is a small family is sometimes better than a big. As far as Mingus goes, it is hard to understand where he is coming from sometimes. I just blow him off. Got two and half inches of rain out of this last event. Oats and rye are coming up and my happy goats are browsing in style. Thank you Jesus.
    Not to be rude but don't think for one minute that I give a rats rear-end You see I have this thing about two bit judges & lying lawyers in Palo Pinto County that would sell you down the river.

I really enjoy going down to the river, so peaceful.

You need a head net, a whole lot of no seeums on the river.

You must be talking about the Leon River? Does it run down the North side of your property? I would give most anything to have a river running through my property. Nothing is more peaceful than the sound of slowly moving water. (sigh)

Hi yawl!!!
    Until next time, this is "Crash" signing off!

Hey, Mike!! Where, on earth, have you been?

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy brown dog.

Test test... ????

Hey it's working!!

Testing Edge browser..

Testing Chrome browser..

Alright.. all three browsers working again. I think maybe you cleared up my problem CG. I had to clear my cookies in all of them and they started working again. I think you were just trying to keep me quiet during the election stuff.

Do you know how frustrating it is to see a thread you can't reply to.. or the teaser part of a post but can't get it open to read the rest of it? That's been my life on the Spin for the past month. Now I need to play catch up. These days that won't take too long. There was a time when a month's worth of posts would take you quite a while to get through. Remember those days? Ahh.. when the Spin was young and rebellious.

Where is the "pot stirrer" when she is needed? lol

Same problem with getting into the Spin started yesterday .. or at least that was the first time I tried to get in after having an hour or so of success the day before, or whenever it was.

I cleared cookies on firefox and tried again and here I am. I guess I have to clear cookies every time I want to get into the Spin. grrr.

Here's hoping your posting problems are resolved!

Whatcha up to these days?

So I'm still having issues with the Spin. I find that if I clear my cookies when I come to the Spin, it will behave properly. At least until I come back next time. Now it's making it where sometimes when I try to post, things happen like my space bar won't work. Refresh the page and it's all fixed for a little bit. Next post I try to answer may have the same thing happening.. refresh.. all good.

So sorry you are having so much trouble. Maybe your "techie" could make things easier for you?

Oh! Hi, George!

Quote Originally Posted by lamb View Post
    So sorry you are having so much trouble. Maybe your "techie" could make things easier for you?

Oh! Hi, George!
    He'sstumpedastowhyihavetheproblemtoo.spacebarnotwo rkingagain.