Thread: State of the Union

State of the Union

So, Pelosi doesn't want Trump to give a State of the Union address to congress for security concerns and wants to post pone it.

Yet DHS says security for that event is fine and no one checked with them about any security issues.

In the past the State of the Union address was both in person by the president to congress, and also simply by letter.

I don't see anything that requires the president to give the state of the Union address only in writing or in person in the congressional hall.

The president could give it from the Oval Office via video and if the members of congress want to see it, let them watch.

While I see it is common to delay this address when a government shut down is in full swing, I don't see any requirement to have to delay.

I wouldn't ask for permission. I would give the State of the Union address whether others liked it or not.

I'll take the bait.......I believe our president, Mr. Donald J. Trump, will do just that
    (much to Pelosi's chagrin)!!
    Walk softly and carry a big stick.

He did.

Today's news wasn't so amusing.

You didn't think it was funny to see nearly 30 members of the FBI surrounding the home of Roger Stone?  When I saw that, I thought they went there to arrest a mass murderer!!!  Then out walks this 66 year old man coming out in handcuffs & leg irons for the benefit of CNN?  Lambie Pie, what does it take to get your giggle box turned on? I laughed like a hyena to see so many jackasses, all in a bunch!
    Last edited by Gearldean; 01-26-2019 at 01:29 AM.
    Don't ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

Hey, Geraldine! Long time no hear!

Stone was not what I was pointing out but I see your point!