Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31321222324 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 2394

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Re: What's For Dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by damionsshiva View Post
    1st day back to school, we have always had a tradition, I fix my daughters favorite meal. This year....... Tuna Fish Sandwiches, Chips and Sweet Tea!
    We started today too, so yesterday they got to have pizza for breakfast in honor of the last day of summer vacation. lol
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

1st day back to school, we have always had a tradition, I fix my daughters favorite meal. This year....... Tuna Fish Sandwiches, Chips and Sweet Tea!
    Wow! She's low maintanence!!!
    Nobody is somebody without someones help!

i made an awesome casserole yesterday! I got 2 boxes of scalloped potatoes & fixed them like it said on the box. While that was in the oven, I grilled 6 pieces of chicken breast & seasoned them. After I grilled them I cut them up, put it back in the skillet & browned it just a little more. Then I added a can of cream of chicken soup w/ a can of water. Mixed that all together and then spooned the chicken/chicken soup mixture over the scalloped potatoes after I got them out of the oven. After spooning the mixture, I then added some grated cheese to the top. Put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes. My kids, hubby, and mom had seconds. It was really good!!
    Quit wondering HOW God is going to do it, just TRUST that it has ALREADY been done!!!

Sounds Really good. just might have to try that one.... Tonight we did Pork Chops baked in Cream of mushroom soup and rice.. Was really good!
    "We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, so live fully for today!"

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby7506 View Post
    Wow! She's low maintanence!!!
    She really is. I couldnt ask for better.I remember when she started Kindergarden the meal was BBQ hotdogs, mac n cheese, and pork in beans. How time flies! Now I have to convince her to eat meat, she would rather eat vegetables and fruit.

She really is. I couldnt ask for better.I remember when she started Kindergarden the meal was BBQ hotdogs, mac n cheese, and pork in beans. How time flies! Now I have to convince her to eat meat, she would rather eat vegetables and fruit.

Yes & thanks to yours....mine is the same way
    The other day she saw a truck full of live chickens, and J made a comment about where they were going & now I almost have to SHOVE the chicken down her throat lol

wish mine was that easy to please. you have to cut hers just right place it just right and there always has to be something with cheese on her plate or she wont eat. and she is only 2!!
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by arjw View Post
    wish mine was that easy to please. you have to cut hers just right place it just right and there always has to be something with cheese on her plate or she wont eat. and she is only 2!!
    Wow, I couldn't handle that. I have a two year old and he isn't picky at all because ever since he started eating "real" food he either ate what was for dinner or he didn't eat..no finiky (sp) eaters at my house!

Sounds Really good. just might have to try that one.... Tonight we did Pork Chops baked in Cream of mushroom soup and rice.. Was really good!
    Baked pork chops with cream of mush. soup is really good!!

Of course this is none of my busines, but if she's only 2 now is the time to stop that habit. Don't let her control you like that. Can you imagine what poor health she'll have is she grows up eating cheese at every meal? Exercise guru Susan Powter once said that one slice of cheese has as much fat as 95 baked potatoes.

There is nothing wrong with letting a 2-year-old eat cheese. Cheese has calcium.
    And another thing, Susan Powter couldn't find her butt holding it with both hands.

That's because she's so skinny.......

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaH View Post
    Of course this is none of my busines, but if she's only 2 now is the time to stop that habit. Don't let her control you like that. Can you imagine what poor health she'll have is she grows up eating cheese at every meal? Exercise guru Susan Powter once said that one slice of cheese has as much fat as 95 baked potatoes.
    i dont let her eat alot of cheese, sometimes mac and cheese and some times i give her half a slice of cheese just on the side of the plate and she eats if she doesn't have some cheese on the side then she will walk me to the fridge and grab a slice and wait for me to open it.

Wow, I couldn't handle that. I have a two year old and he isn't picky at all because ever since he started eating "real" food he either ate what was for dinner or he didn't eat..no finiky (sp) eaters at my house!
    the cutting up doesn't bother me, cause of course she is 2 and it has to be cut up, but she wont eat it if it isn't cut really small. and the placing it just right, by that i mean her food cant be up against each other, like she doesn't like her veggies touching each other or her meat. it is kinda funny.

Hey I'm like that! I can't stand for my food to touch each other. Don't have a clue as to why I'm like that either.

Hahaha! Thats funny....at some meals I don't like things to touch, and then other meals (like cheese enchiladas, rice and beans) I will cut everything up and mix it all together and eat it and use it as a dip for my chips.
    ...it looks disgusting but it is sooooo good!

we had frito pie....practice night...but tomorrow its chicken and dumplins yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2642 View Post
    we had frito pie....practice night...but tomorrow its chicken and dumplins yummy!
    I LOVE chicken and dumplings. How do you make yours?

Quote Originally Posted by rscott View Post
    This is pretty close to how I make them, but I'm not a huge chicken and dumpling fan........too squishy.

CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS 1 (2 1/2 to 3 lb.) fryer, cut into parts
    2 cans biscuits (not buttermilk)
    1/4 lb. butter
    Salt and pepper to taste
    2 qts. boiling water

Wash and prepare chicken for cooking. Add salt to boiling water and then chicken. Cut heat to low, just enough for meat to simmer with top on pot. Cook until tender. Remove chicken from broth. Add butter and pepper. Bring to rapid boil as you prepare biscuits.Open cans, make 6 balls out of each biscuit and drop into boiling broth. Do not stir. Push under broth with ladle when all biscuits are in pot. Replace top and cut heat off. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Chicken may be added to dumplings for serving. Preparation time: 45 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.
    Blah, Blah, Blah

I'm going to try to make a chicken pesto pizza for dinner tonight. I'm pretty limited as to what I can eat at the moment so I'm trying to find interesting and healthy recipies to try. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out!!

had a Mom and Daughters night... we went to Chinese and rented a movie!

Oh how fun Damion!!

I had gourmet frozen Totino's pizza!

Had a 7 layer salad from WalMart's Deli. All of their salads are good but need to make sure they are very fresh. You get more for the money than the ones at Sonic or McDonalds and the price is only $3.98 and sometime on the weekend they are put on sale for $2.98.

Quote Originally Posted by memotx View Post
    Had a 7 layer salad from WalMart's Deli. All of their salads are good but need to make sure they are very fresh. You get more for the money than the ones at Sonic or McDonalds and the price is only $3.98 and sometime on the weekend they are put on sale for $2.98.
    That's what we had too...
    We may not all see eye to eye -- but we can walk arm in arm.

Quote Originally Posted by rscott View Post

The way I make them is really labor intensive, so you may not want to try this.

Put your chicken in to boil. When done, add cream of chicken and/or cream of mushroom soup (I use mushroom...amount depends on how much you are making). I also usually add some onion flakes.

Cut up flour tortillias (gosh, to early....can't spell anything) into strips and put in pot.

I like to do it this way because the dumplings are not thick or tough.

Not cooking today nor tonight. However, tomorrow is going to be Mexican Chicken Pot Pie. Be the first time I have tried it. Got the recipe from the Pillsbury website. Sounds so good. Think I may fix it for supper tomorrow night.
    jus`a passin`thru

Let me tell you an easy way for chicken and dumplings. Buy the canned chicken broth and canned white chicken. Put these in a big pot with salt and pepper and some butter. Bring it to a boil and then flatten and tear into pieces the cheap brand of canned bisquits and drop in the boiling broth. Put a lid on the pot and turn the heat down very low and let simmer for a few minutes until bisquits are done. Good and easy !!!!

I can't tell you amounts, cause I just buy the stuff and make a big pot of them. I do know it will take about 3 or 4 cans of bisquits and about 3 or 4 cans of chicken. Enough broth to fill your pot.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Not cooking today nor tonight. However, tomorrow is going to be Mexican Chicken Pot Pie. Be the first time I have tried it. Got the recipe from the Pillsbury website. Sounds so good. Think I may fix it for supper tomorrow night.
    This sounds interesting...please share!...the recipe! lol!

My husband & I have started making what we like to call Chicken Enchilada Pot Pie. We had it for dinner tonight. I grill several pieces of chicken..whatever I would think would feed 5 people, & then we take a lg can of Green enchilada sauce & mix it in with the chicken. We take a block of Cream Cheese & a can of crm of chicken soup & add that in the mixture. Put that on a low heat & while that is "simmering" then My hubby makes homemade buscuit dough. After that then we pour the chicken mixture into a glass pan...sprinkle some cheese over it. Then we drape the buscuit dough over it & then put it in the oven at 450 for about 12 minutes or until the buscuit part is done. Serve with a salad. It is really good. I was also going to mix some corn in there tonight, but I totally forgot . I WILL make it again & add the corn in there next time.

Well I have gained alot of weight lately so for the last two weeks I have been on weight watchers, my husband's cholesterol is high according to his last check up so I've had to alter my cooking completely. Last night I made some baked flounder (I got it frozen in a bag like you can get at Wal Mart) in the bottom of a pyrex dish I sprayed it of course, then a slice of lemon, slice of purple onion, another slice of lemon, sprinkle green onions on the top and slivered almonds. Then salt, lemon pepper and paprika on the fish and lay over the top, then layer the top of the fish the same way you did the bottom. Put foil over the top and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, it's really good and really healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sportacus View Post
    Well I have gained alot of weight lately so for the last two weeks I have been on weight watchers, my husband's cholesterol is high according to his last check up so I've had to alter my cooking completely. Last night I made some baked flounder (I got it frozen in a bag like you can get at Wal Mart) in the bottom of a pyrex dish I sprayed it of course, then a slice of lemon, slice of purple onion, another slice of lemon, sprinkle green onions on the top and slivered almonds. Then salt, lemon pepper and paprika on the fish and lay over the top, then layer the top of the fish the same way you did the bottom. Put foil over the top and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, it's really good and really healthy.
    Sounds like you were trying to cover up the taste with all that lemon and onions.

Round up salad tonight. But instead of using shredded lettuce, I use shredded cabbage. It was very good....
    "Friends are these people who ask you how you are and wait for an answer."

With cooler weather approaching (???) , here is a great and easy recipe that a friend that used to work with me brought one day to work.

Taco Soup
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans Rot-tel tomatoes
    1 can white hominy
    1 pkg dry taco mix
    1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
    1 lb.browned Hamburger meat.

Brown meat, set aside. In large soup pot, combine all the cans,undrained. Stir in the 2 dry mixes and the drained hamburger meat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. We like it best after it has simmered awhile or even to eat it the next day...all the seasonings have blended with the other ingredients!
    To serve: place broken pieces of tortilla chips in bottom of soup bowl. Cover with soup, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and eat with more tortilla chips!
    (for just my husband and me, I use one can of each canned ingredient)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy View Post
    Sounds like you were trying to cover up the taste with all that lemon and onions.
    Wow! You're pshychic girl!! I hate hate hate fish. But Bob's cholesterol is high so I have to get it in there somewhere and this is the only recipe I can sort of tolerate without four pounds of tarter sauce. lol

Here's another one though that is really good for pork loin chops, take your chops and and cut them down the middle to kind of create a pocket.
    Dice up an apple, couple stalks of celery, and a small onion, combine in a pot with a couple T of oil and cook until tender, then pull off the stove and add 1/2 C bread crumbs, and some sage to taste. Stuff your chops, put in the oven to roast at about 350 about an hour depending on the thickness of your chops. Then combine apple jelly, brown sugar and dijon mustard in a bowl, microwave it about 90 seconds until the jelly melts and you can combine it. The last 20 minutes of roasting bast the chops with this mixture. It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    With cooler weather approaching (???) , here is a great and easy recipe that a friend that used to work with me brought one day to work.

Taco Soup
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 cans Rot-tel tomatoes
    1 can white hominy
    1 pkg dry taco mix
    1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
    1 lb.browned Hamburger meat.

Brown meat, set aside. In large soup pot, combine all the cans,undrained. Stir in the 2 dry mixes and the drained hamburger meat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. We like it best after it has simmered awhile or even to eat it the next day...all the seasonings have blended with the other ingredients!
    To serve: place broken pieces of tortilla chips in bottom of soup bowl. Cover with soup, sprinkle shredded cheese on top and eat with more tortilla chips!
    (for just my husband and me, I use one can of each canned ingredient)

That sounds yummy grace.....thanks for sharing!

Chili and rice last night, so good!

homemade pizza yummy yummy

we had meatloaf last night. Tonight we are having Taco salads lol

we had hamburger patties with brown gravy mac and cheese and salad... lastnight, tonight we are having meatloaf with mashed potatoes and brown gravy.

I made chicken salsa verde bake!! It's super easy and yummy!

Taco soup at our house. It was very good, will have leftovers toniight.
    It's Obama's fault!

i made chicken salsa verde bake!! It's super easy and yummy!
    sounds good!! Got a recipe to share??

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    sounds good!! Got a recipe to share??
    Of course, it is:

2 tbsp veggieoil
    2 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts (I use tenders sometimes too)
    2 16 oz jars salsa verde (I use Pace brand)
    1 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed & drained (you can substitute any beans you like)
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 cup sour cream
    3 cups crushed tortilla chips (I use a little more)
    1 8 oz bag of shredded mexican style cheese

Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet heat oil over med. heat. Add chicken and cook turning once, until cooked through. Shred or cut up chicken in a large bowl. Add salsa, beans, onion and sour cream.

Grease a 9x13 bakind dish, scatter 1 cup of the tortilla chips on the bottom and top w/ half of the chicken mixture and half of cheese. Repeat layers and top with remaining chips. Bake until cheese is bubbly approx 30 minutes.

I hope you love it! I know my family does!

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Great time of year for taco soup and the better half likes to make it.

Poor Man Stew.. Crackers... Home Made Hot Cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    how do you make taco soup?

how do you make taco soup?
    Taco Soup

2 lbs ground beef
    2cans diced tomatoes and jalepenos
    2 cans hominy (white or yellow)
    2 cans kidney beans (I can't believe my son eats them)
    2 cans pinto beans
    2 pks taco seasoning (I use 1 pk)
    2 pks hidden valley ranch dressing (I use 1 pk)

Brown ground beef and drain. (I use a 5 quart pot)
    Then add all you other ingredients to meat, including juices in beans and hominy. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and let it simmer covered, stirring occassionally, for at least an hr . Serve over tortilla chips or have them on the side.

This is what I'm making tonight..hope it turns out as good as it looks!
    http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes...s/article.html

Looks good--let us know how it turns out..........
    The eyes believe themselves--The ears believe other people.

I reckon I'm making potato soup and corn bread.

“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Looks good--let us know how it turns out..........
    Well, I made the pork tenderloin and it turned out very good! One thing though, the potatoes were not done at the same time the loin was..so I had to cook them a little longer. Also, I'd marinate it a little longer because we couldn't quite taste the dijon and maple syrup! It was great though, you all should try it! Very easy and very gourmet!

It's cold outside brrrr What's for dinner ladies? Chili at my house. I was wanting chicken veggie soup, but don't want to get out of house today.....lol

I don't know Cap..I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure hoping I have some good stuff in the cupboard!

I fixed 7 can soup...easy..easy...easy! good, too!

I've decided to have tacos...those are easy and luckily I have everything I need to make those!

Even my daughter called me wanting to know how to make chicken soup yesterday. She's becoming such a suzy homemaker. Her room mates sure do love her......lol My chili turned out really good.

I made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and salad....a good ole southern meal!

We had chicken fajita's with gucamole. Don't have a clue about tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue B. View Post
    I fixed 7 can soup...easy..easy...easy! good, too!
    Okay gal, how do you make that? Sounds good to me.

You're really gonna work up a sweat making this....

7 Can Soup

Brown Hamburger meat, think I used a couple of pounds, season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt

add:

3 cans Minestrone Soup
    2 cans Ro-tel ( I don't like hot, hot, so I use 1 can of diced tomatoes in place of one of the Ro-tels)
    2 cans of Ranch Style Beans

add a little water and simmer for however long you want to..

7 Can Soup

Brown Hamburger meat, think I used a couple of pounds, season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt

add:

3 cans Minestrone Soup
    2 cans Ro-tel ( I don't like hot, hot, so I use 1 can of diced tomatoes in place of one of the Ro-tels)

Sounds very very good...I'm gonna have to try this sometime soon....

7 Can Soup

add:

3 cans Minestrone Soup

This sounds really good!! I think i'll make a big pot of this for our Super Bowl party!! Thanks, sue

7 Can Soup

add:

3 cans Minestrone Soup

I forgot to add, that I put some onion in with the HB when I brown it...

Chicken taquitos and homeade guacamole! Yumo!

Pork loin, potatoes, carrots and onions. A recipe from EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine......

Scooby, are you a RR fan?

We had salsbury steak with mushroom, balsamic gravy with mashed potatoes.

Oh yeah. I just subscribed to her EveryDay with Rachel Ray Magazine and I LOVE it......

Me too! I'm a huge RR fan..have been for a long time! I've had her magazine for two years now and I love it too! Lots of great recipies and wonderful, useful tips!!

had meatloaf patties and mashed potatoes...yum!!!!

I made something good the other night yall. I got the frozen chickent toquitos from Wal Mart put them in the bottom of a pyrex dish and baked them for about ten minutes, then I took cream of chicken soup and added some sour cream and covered them with it and put cheese on the top and baked it another twentyish minutes, it was really good chicken enchiladas.

My favorite thing to make for my family is Chicken Spaghetti.... I make a huge pan of it and that's all we have that night and the kids come back for seconds, there is never any left over... my sister called me and asked for the recipe once lol... It is yummy.
    I LOL alot, if you don't like this then maybe, just a friendly suggestion, you might try LOLing a little bit more

Quote Originally Posted by EbaaWife View Post
    My favorite thing to make for my family is Chicken Spaghetti.... I make a huge pan of it and that's all we have that night and the kids come back for seconds, there is never any left over... my sister called me and asked for the recipe once lol... It is yummy.
    not this sister.... i think that is one of the yuckiest foods!!!!

lol didnt say you were my only sister lol I do have 3 more ya know lol and it is not yucky you just dont know good food lol haha

Quote Originally Posted by EbaaWife View Post

Will you post the recipe under the recipe thread? I have made chicken spaghetti but I love getting new recipes....then I can mix and match and usually make an even better dish.

Igorokk Guest

Whats For Dinner

American Goulash Recipe

Ingredients:
    2 pounds Ground beef
    1 small Onion; chopped
    1/2 Green bell pepper; chopped
    1 jar Spaghetti sauce (28 oz. size)
    8 ounces Uncooked elbow macaroni
    1/2 cup Water
    1 tablespoon Garlic salt (teaspoon?)
    1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
    1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
    Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray*

In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid. Add spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, garlic salt, and black pepper; mix well.

Pour the mixture into baking dish. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; top with Mozzarella cheese and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until cheese has melted and casserole is heated through.

I made a Million Dollor Pound cake and Butter milk pies tonight the cake is sooo good!

Re: Whats For Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Igorokk View Post
    American Goulash Recipe

Ingredients:
    2 pounds Ground beef
    1 small Onion; chopped
    1/2 Green bell pepper; chopped
    1 jar Spaghetti sauce (28 oz. size)
    8 ounces Uncooked elbow macaroni
    1/2 cup Water
    1 tablespoon Garlic salt (teaspoon?)
    1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
    1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
    Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray*

In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid. Add spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, garlic salt, and black pepper; mix well.

Pour the mixture into baking dish. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover; top with Mozzarella cheese and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until cheese has melted and casserole is heated through.
    Where's the paprika? Goulash has to have paprika whether its Hungarian goulash or American or any other version for that matter. Thats just sacriligious! The Mozzarella must be American.

What's For Dinner?

My daughter has just called me, and was so excited. Cathy was reading her latest copies of the Paula Deen magazine and saw that Marsha Vermillion of Eastland TX has a recipe published in the magazine.

WOW, I am impressed and can't wait to prepare the entree.
    We all know that Mrs. Verillion is a wonderful teacher, and she MUST be a superb cook also. Congratulations!

What's the recipe?

tomato pie
    not only is it delicious but beautiful to look at

What's the recipe for tomato pie?
    Tonight it's sloppy joes.

this is for a small pie
    slice tomato's-salt them-let them drain for 20 mins
    put down a layer in an unbaked pie crust
    sprinkle fresh basil
    put thin layer of sliced onion over that
    take a cup each of grated mozarella and grated chedder
    mix the cheeses with 1/2 mayo
    add some pepper
    spread on top. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 min . Depending on the size of the pie
    let cool about 30 min and slice
    good hot or cold.
    really pretty if using heirloom tomatoes

Cheddar studded chili burgers with a cilantro-cream sauce and potatoe salad! Yum-o!

Lemon-garlic steak tips with red-white beans. Yummy! Thanks Rachael Ray!

I think you need to open a restraurant..This sounds sooooo good...I would come eat with you..

Only if you'll be my partner!

Peanut Chicken with Risotto.

Hey, I am starving from reading recipes!
    Try this one. Also freezes well.
    Corn Casserole
    2 cans cream style corn
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 egg, beaten
    1 bell pepper, chopped
    1-1/3 cups minute rice
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 stick margarine melted
    2 cups grated cheese

Mix and pour into casserole. Bake 350 degree for 45 minutes.
    For garnish you could sprinkle top with a little extra grated cheese.

If we don't go out, I will be preparing fajitas tonight. Yummy!

Go fajitas! Philly Cheesesteak with slow sauteed onions.
    "If you chase two rabbits, both will escape" Anonymous

I love Philly Cheesesteak! Now that my mouth is watering....gimme your recipe Itsgonnabeok.

Aficionados will tell you that you should use thin sliced fresh beef, say sliced rib-eye for example, never frozen such as in the "steak-umm" variety. But let's get real.
    I think the trick to using steak-umm slices is to never overcook them and use three to four slices on every sandwich. The thing that makes a philly cheesesteak a philly cheesesteak is the grease for heaven's sake, but I remove as much as possible relying on the cheese (American) to make them moist. I use all kinds of peppers (whatever I have on hand including jalapenos) and always slow cook or sautee whole onion rings. I toast the bread and slap just a little mayo on each side. So good, much like anyone might try at home. I have made great ones and not so great ones!

I made cheeseburger casserole last night...had a house full of kids and adults. It was a huge hit!!

How about sharing the recipe?...sounds good!

Of course!

Cheeseburger Casserole:
    Ingredients

• <LI class=ingredient>1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef <LI class=ingredient>1/4 cup chopped onion <LI class=ingredient>1/4 cup chopped dill pickles <LI class=ingredient>1/2 cup water <LI class=ingredient>1/2 cup ketchup <LI class=ingredient>1 tablespoon yellow mustard <LI class=ingredient>1/8 teaspoon pepper <LI class=ingredient>1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese (6 oz.) <LI class=ingredient>1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet <LI class=ingredient>1 egg, beaten
    • 1 tablespoon sesame seed
    Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pickles, water, ketchup, mustard and pepper.
    Spoon beef mixture into 11 x 7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
    Unroll dough; press into 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Cut into 6 squares; place on top of cheese. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
    Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.

Thank you!!! Sounds like something we would like... probably try it after Thanksgiving, when we want something besides turkey..

I hear ya..although if you go on foodnetwork.com, there are a lot of recipies for Thanksgiving leftovers...really unique ones at that. The casserole tastes just like a cheeseburger, so you can tweak the ingredients and add or take out whichever ingredients you like or don't like on your burger. I used sharp cheddar instead of American in the recipe. I hope ya'll like it!

Tonight was Taco Soup

Ohhhh, yum! I've been thinking about my mom's taco soup lately. I think I'm gonna have to get the recipe out this weekend...perfect for cold weather!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller ~

anybody have a good recipe for sugar free cookies?