Thread: Arthritis relief?

Arthritis relief?

My mom turned 80 a few months ago and arthritis has hit her hard within the past several weeks. Shes been to the doctor and he tells her to take tylenol. I'd like to know if anyone out there is suffering with this, what works best for you. please share any info. with us.
    we heard about Noni juice and tried it, it wasn't the answer either.seems like it worked for a few days, the same as cortizone shots. everything works for "awhile" then shes back to suffering. thanks for any info.....

Re: Arthritis relief?

Quote Originally Posted by joey
    My mom turned 80 a few months ago and arthritis has hit her hard within the past several weeks. Shes been to the doctor and he tells her to take tylenol. I'd like to know if anyone out there is suffering with this, what works best for you. please share any info. with us.
    we heard about Noni juice and tried it, it wasn't the answer either.seems like it worked for a few days, the same as cortizone shots. everything works for "awhile" then shes back to suffering. thanks for any info.....
    Doctors have given me oral medications but after a year tore my stomach up. I like to use those stick on pain patches and heating pad. A also have a tens unit. I can tell an improvement by streching excercises and walking. My deal is somewhat tolerable would be surprised if it didn't get worse in 30 years. Also there's a difference between Rheumatoid and Osteo arthritis.

Go ask Dale @ Eastland Drug.

BlueStop

I have RA and have had it for years,it gets better then worse.I went to a
    rheumatologist for awhile and he put me on methothrexate and a low low dosage of predisone,which I did not want to take but finally hurt so badly,i would have taken almost anything legal.You have to have your liver checked by a blood test every three month but I have taken it for several years with no side effects.For over the counter Aleve helps me more than anything,the medicine in it was once a perscription only drug Naprosyn.Artritis is a very painful disease no matter which kind you have.

Don't bore your friends with your troubles.Tell your enemies,who will be delighted to hear them.

Ibuprofen, motrin, or advil work for the inflamation and pain. That's if she can take it. I think it works better than tylenol. Alieve is good to. But it's a good idea to talk to Dale or Jimmy at Eastland Drug. They are so helpful there.
    It's Obama's fault!

i appreciate all the info...

Your welcome Joey. Be sure she eats before taking any of these pain relievers, they can upset her stomach if it's empty.

With my mom...we do Ginger baths and then sweat. That seems to really help her for a while. We were trying to do them at least once a month...but we are behind right now and she hasn't had one in three months.... in fact I am going over in the morning to give her one. It seems to help reduce the inflamation....and helps with the pain too.

Kinda sounds hokey...but it works...and makes her skin super soft. Seems to give her an energy boost too.

She gets in the bath...with water as hot as she can stand it...and then we put a packet and a half of ground ginger in the water with her...she soaks in that till the water starts to cool (don't want it completely cooled though)...I also give her a cup of hot green/ginger tea to drink while she is in there. When she gets out of the tub...we do not dry her off...we wrap her immediately in a sheet....everything but her face...and then put her to bed...and cover her in blankets for about thirty minutes and she sweats.

It seems that anything that is made for arthritis is hard on the stomach. You decide whether you need to suffer the discomfort of the pain or chance messing up the tummy. I use bayer aspirin. I take two and 4 hours later take 2 more. usually I dont have to take any after that second dose. I dont take the aspirin except when I am just aching so bad that I really need some relief.Somehow the aspirin take the infection away so that the arthritis is actully arrested for a period of time.
    Some years back I used Knox Nutrijoint. Take it every day and it takes a couple of weeks to see the results but it does help lots.

My mother-in-law takes apple cider vinegar every day 2 T twice a day like medicine and swears by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mally
    With my mom...we do Ginger baths and then sweat. That seems to really help her for a while. We were trying to do them at least once a month...but we are behind right now and she hasn't had one in three months.... in fact I am going over in the morning to give her one. It seems to help reduce the inflamation....and helps with the pain too.

Kinda sounds hokey...but it works...and makes her skin super soft. Seems to give her an energy boost too.

She gets in the bath...with water as hot as she can stand it...and then we put a packet and a half of ground ginger in the water with her...she soaks in that till the water starts to cool (don't want it completely cooled though)...I also give her a cup of hot green/ginger tea to drink while she is in there. When she gets out of the tub...we do not dry her off...we wrap her immediately in a sheet....everything but her face...and then put her to bed...and cover her in blankets for about thirty minutes and she sweats.
    But at the age of 80 be careful with to hot of water . I have M.S. it hits me hard when I first get up in the morning I get into a Hot Tub and pray I can get out but when I do I feel so good and I also drink Green Tea I try to stay away from red meat's but with all that has been wrong with me I feel pretty darn good for a 68 year old ...
    Try to get your Mom to drink Green Tea I think it will help her .

Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater
    But at the age of 80 be careful with to hot of water . I have M.S. it hits me hard when I first get up in the morning I get into a Hot Tub and pray I can get out but when I do I feel so good and I also drink Green Tea I try to stay away from red meat's but with all that has been wrong with me I feel pretty darn good for a 68 year old ...
    Try to get your Mom to drink Green Tea I think it will help her .

She drinks lots of green tea.

We have to be careful with the hot water with her too....because of the drugs that she is on for her cancer.